What Would Ruin Terraria for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fanbase forcing Re-Logic to make 1.4 instead of jumping to Terraria 2. The devs really need to move onto a new game rather than just constantly toil through messy code to continue to update Terraria, even after the point at which they said they would finish.
Why I said 1.4 is that the Devs said they are jumping ship from Terraria after 1.3 is done.
Think of it like Terraria: Otherworld. They've not only come out with a rediculous amount of content for the 1.3 update to Terraria, but they've also been working on another game in the process. You don't have to completely kill a game in order to start working on another one. We probably won't see updates as frequently (which is to be expected after a game has become as well developed as Terraria), but I highly doubt every developer would just leave Terraria in any form of static state. The game is very popular with a vast fanbase, and it still has room to grow.

You have to pay to unlock premium content which then unlocks extra items when you start, free pet, and droprates will increase by two dozens. You will get a golden name that shines and all the developers will send you messages on steam so that you won't feel lonely. When you're in a server, people will worship you and always be nice to you and you'll get to be the owner. DLC costs $100.00 dollars and if you're willing to pay more you get to be mod on both TCF and TO and you will also become Re-Logic staff.

The Minecraft Community Joining in on the fun
A lot of us play both games regularly. The rivalry between the two has always seemed unnecessary to me. And artificial. It's like a there's this noisy minority who insist that true Terraria players despise Minecraft. "No true Scottsman" and all that, you know? Hell, I'd give my bottom jaw for some of Minecraft's inventory optimizations (or QoL features of that calibre) to be implemented in Terraria.

Edit: to stay more on topic, hoiking getting patched would probably threaten my desire to play Terraria as much as anything. The joy of this game, aside from the freedom and itemization, is figuring things out that I maybe shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Whatever is wrong with Starbound being added to the game. I don't even know what it is, all i know is that it's awful.

Also more moon invasions. Tired of those.

Also removing the unobtainable "Moss Wall", or changing how background deco works so it can't be on player place blocks, or otherwise messing up placement and building.

One of the biggest sins in all of gaming, most prevalent in iPhone games:

Stuff happening while you're not playing. More specifically in this case, biome spread.

Besides some intrusive mechanic like hunger or anything like that; if the updates get stale. You can only add so many new bosses and events before it gets repetitive and boring.

Reactions: suu
- Hunger/thirst/sleep/durability mechanics. Those only work in a few games, and only as mods. And they work in exactly zero sandbox games.
- Softcore being removed.
- More RNG loot, less loot that takes actual work to get.
- "Online multiplayer-only."
- Chucklefish.
- New RNG-obtained crafting stations. Because :red: creativity with a rotten metal stick, am I right?
- Spectre being unnerfed. Others' pointless rage is the spice that completes the game for me.
- Tying characters to a single world. Leave that to less creative creative games.

1. A monthly subscription to play.
2. Micro transactions
3. An invisible teleporting lag block that decreases fps to 1. It cannot be destroyed, and moves every 5 seconds. It could be anywhere in your world at anytime.
4. Trees have changed. You now have to chop down all blocks individually, rather than just the bottom.
4. And finally this:

"We have decided that terraria isn't realistic at all. That is going to change come 1.3. This means no magic at all, and most guns have been removed. All bosses have been removed except for queen bee, who has been significantly reduced in size. Melee is now the only class available. Don't worry though! You can still chop down trees and mine, and build! Basically, we have removed everything that you wouldn't see in real life".

First of all, same as what Bacon said. I like minecraft, but that doesnt fit in terraria.

Also, a Cthulhu boss. And a True Terra Blade. And pretty much every one of those over-posted suggestions that never get any support.

Anything that changes existing content in a poor fashion such as forcing you to mine to progress or new content that does so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom