What Would Ruin Terraria for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid DLC isn't a bad thing for Terraria, the game's 10$, which, to be honest, isn't very much, especially with the amazing content Re-Logic puts out for this game and the time they spend on it.

Honestly though, I'd rather they charged everyone $50 for the game, instead of doing that stupid DLC idiocracy. DLC is just a sad thing greedy companies do, and I'd like to think of Re-Logic as a company that actually cares about their fanbase, and not a bunch of little ripoffs that charge money for every little feature that gets added to the game.

The main thing that could ruin it is hunger as well as tool durability and removing softcore mode. All things that make survival mode from Minecraft awful.

Imagine you get all the swords you need for that Night's Edge. After crafting it you are limited to 2000 uses before it breaks. As a result you wouldn't use it at all for fear of it breaking once you actually got it. Same problem applies when you get Terra Blade or any other weapon. You wouldn't use the elite armor or weapons because they would break eventually. And instead of focusing on adventure, building, and battling bosses you need to gather materials for the same stuff you've crafted before, getting more Chlorophyte so you can replace your Spectre armor that will break if you get hit more than 10 times. You'll need to use your accessories carefully since they'll break if you get hit.

Not just Minecraft, but in games where your weapons/tools have durability, it makes the game feel awful to play through.

The main thing that could ruin it is hunger as well as tool durability and removing softcore mode. All things that make survival mode from Minecraft awful.

Imagine you get all the swords you need for that Night's Edge. After crafting it you are limited to 2000 uses before it breaks. As a result you wouldn't use it at all for fear of it breaking once you actually got it. Same problem applies when you get Terra Blade or any other weapon. You wouldn't use the elite armor or weapons because they would break eventually. And instead of focusing on adventure, building, and battling bosses you need to gather materials for the same stuff you've crafted before, getting more Chlorophyte so you can replace your Spectre armor that will break if you get hit more than 10 times. You'll need to use your accessories carefully since they'll break if you get hit.

Not just Minecraft, but in games where your weapons/tools have durability, it makes the game feel awful to play through.
As a Minecraft veteran myself, I don't find losing your things very annoying. If you don't like it, there's /gamerule for that. As for hunger, it can be quite annoying but it makes the game better than just sitting around in a house all day. As for durability, since there are few equipment choices in the game, it keeps you mining for iron. But I would HATE this in Terraria. Hunger wouldn't be so bad but softcore removal would be a rage-quit paradise. I just tried a difficultcore today, and I ragequitted and deleted it before I got a Magic Mirror. Just imagine losing your things in the HM dungeon... 0-0. As for durability, you can say goodbye to your hard-earned snowman cannon.

Kill terraria for me? Oh gosh, that's a hard one. There are a lot of things I wouldn't like, but outright make the game unplayable to me? Something akin to an iphone game-esque stamina system that only lets you play a little bit per day without buying special play passes. But then I'd just download a cracked old version. And I'd just get some sort of multiplayer patch if multiplayer were somehow completely removed. So, uh. I'm out of options. Maybe Terraria 2 will kill Terraria for me.

Putting 1.3 off even further than June or July, or whatever was announced.
Also, (I'm not sure if Re-Logic can fix this, it may just be a problem with Steam or my computer, but) the fact that Terraria is yet to work on my computer, so that would ruin it for me... sort of...... if that makes sense........

The fanbase forcing Re-Logic to make 1.4 instead of jumping to Terraria 2. The devs really need to move onto a new game rather than just constantly toil through messy code to continue to update Terraria, even after the point at which they said they would finish.

The fanbase forcing Re-Logic to push 1.3 out earlier than necessary. You know what this does to Engine and Console Terraria, why does this have to happen to PC Terraria?

The fanbase forcing Re-Logic to make 1.*3* instead of jumping to Terraria 2. The devs really need to move onto a new game after the update like they said to.

The fanbase forcing Re-Logic to push 1.3 out earlier than necessary. You know what this does to Engine and Console Terraria? It makes glitchy bugged versions, and the update is probs almost done. No harm in releasing an unstable version thats optional. why does nothing bad happen to PC Terraria?
Fixed

Greifing enemies

I think the ability of some enemies destroying/changing blocks (like the Corruptor and Clown before 1.1) would ruin the gameplay, even though Terraria isn't THAT much of a sandbox game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom