what would you guys say is Terraria's biggest problem

The game is complete however they did say that a sequel was to come out(no I'm not talking about the sotg j ) and has been in deolvepvment since 2012 and there still fixing and adding thing so it's not fully complete and even though the game is ending, it is still very fun. Even if Terraria ends, the game is something that will be not be forgotten. And like howneedsnamesthbs said all games will come to an end and i know that's sad but it's just the way of a game.:):happy::sigh:<3

There's A SEQUEL??! I need to know more 🤩

To me, Terraria has always been a sandbox game with RPG elements, but with Journeys End there were a lot of limiting changes that felt like they were trying to flip it and make it an RPG with sandbox elements. Of course there was the whole thing with the reaver shark and chest nerfs, which while they did remove options from experienced players who just wanted to skip one of the more boring parts of the game (in my opinion of course), there was no denying they were broken. But my problem is with them just removing and changing more convenient things. For some reason artificial deserts and snow biomes now take a whopping 1500 blocks to make for no reason other than to bother me I guess, a lot of the more interesting armor pieces that allowed for creative armor mixing had their effects distributed among other pieces of armor in the same set pretty much forcing you to get full sets of armor, etc. At least they changed some of the more terrible things that forced you to play a certain way, like negative torch luck and fishing power scaling. NPC villages are still pretty iffy because while it prevents everybody from making the same box house towers it now makes everybody build the same three house villages in every biome, effectively resulting in the same problem happening but now people have to walk to other biomes (until they get pylons).
I think in terms of game design, removing options from the player or forcing them to do specific things is fine in most genres with more focus on storytelling and narrative, but should be avoided as much as possible in a sandbox game.

a lot of the more interesting armor pieces that allowed for creative armor mixing had their effects distributed among other pieces of armor in the same set pretty much forcing you to get full sets of armor, etc.
they nerfed some pieces and buffed others, valhala and forbidden treads got nerfed. However now we have option like spooky chestplate (for that +2 minions), mythril greaves, forbidden treads are still good for mixing but in a different way, and red riding leggings seem decent now.

ZJ said:
renewable game mechanics
Technically, Terraria is already renewable enough.
If you view worlds and characters as bond entities (like minecraft), you can beat the game without mining a single piece of ore. Just go fish and you will still have everything.
The only significantly non-renewable things are Queen Bee (and her related stuff), and certain tiles (dungeon bricks, silt, ice)
If you do not view worlds and characters as bond entities (when characters can travel between worlds as they wish), everything is renewable. You just become a "destroyer of worlds."
Right now I had a hard time justifying playing Minecraft, because update 1.17 will be out and the entire new Copper ore and amethyst (among others) will be introduced, and they do not come either renewable or can be obtained in renewable ways in already-generated chunks. This means starting over worlds, which is a pain (and utter pointless waste of time) going through everything.
I Like Cats said:
journey mode is.
If Relogic decide not to make any changes to the game (excluding maybe bug fixes), the game may quickly die like most other abandonware. But will the newly introduced items withstand time? Perhaps it will -- or perhaps not.
We are looking at two very old sandbox video games -- both of which are either going to or already is ten years since launch. Any piece of software that make it this long must have a incredible story.

Wow. This thread is ridiculous...

Firstly, I don't know how the OP manages to spam so many posts in a row.

Secondly, it isn't even about ''things that dont work in Terraria'' - it is a bizarre whinge that the most supported game I have ever known is somehow ''dead''... based on perhaps the faultiest logic possible.

OP must be a late April Fool for comparing a 2d sandbox to Fortnite.

Wow. This thread is ridiculous...

Firstly, I don't know how the OP manages to spam so many posts in a row.

Secondly, it isn't even about ''things that dont work in Terraria'' - it is a bizarre whinge that the most supported game I have ever known is somehow ''dead''... based on perhaps the faultiest logic possible.

OP must be a late April Fool for comparing a 2d sandbox to Fortnite.
Yeah, I just want this thread to go back on topic because this is a very good idea.

Also, Fortnite itself isn't that bad. Its just its community that is bad.

Back
Top Bottom