PC What would you like to have in 1.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
things i'd love to see;

1) additional fleshing out summoner class (thank you guys so much for making major progress already).

2) gear that supports mage + summoner in a combined fashion sort of how frost armor handles melee + ranged.

3) all debuffs that can be inflicted by players to be applicable in pvp.

4) more fleshing out in the desert and vastly increasing the spawn rate for pyramids (i still havent gotten a single f**king pyramid on my small maps).

5) unique accessory that grants a percentage of lifesteal, but does not function/stack with pre-existing effects/gear that already grants it (prevents beefing spectre armor and vampire knives).

6) mini-biomes called "shrines" with statues of the developers.

7) bacon.

8) making the jungle immune to being contaminated by corruption/crimson (i f**cking hate babysitting the jungle!).

9) more bacon.

10) player interaction sprites for furnature and "sleep" animation with beds. (lots of soap bubbles and a rubber ducky for the bathtub too!).

11) *last but not least* additional quest npcs requesting different things, such as kill counts, random items, etc.

[edit]
another idea, i'd like to see that evil debuff with rod of discord removed, albeit having a hilarious death text, it is still totally awful.

Last edited:
I want anything having to do with RNG to remain completely intact. Not bothersome at all. Some people have to learn that they should accept what they get and not grind for things. If you didn't get it, oh well. This is how I went about it in my first playthrough that started in the October of 2013, and it was by far the best one yet. I got some drops, and I didn't get others. I didn't try hard to get any item because I wanted it, I was just content with what I ended up getting. All in all, I love how it surprises me sometimes, and I honestly don't think I'd be able to keep playing Terraria if Red actually gave into all the "make everything craftable," "completely do away with rare drops," and "100% chance for everything" crap.

I want anything having to do with RNG to remain completely intact. Not bothersome at all. Some people have to learn that they should accept what they get and not grind for things. If you didn't get it, oh well. This is how I went about it in my first playthrough that started in the October of 2013, and it was by far the best one yet. I got some drops, and I didn't get others. I didn't try hard to get any item because I wanted it, I was just content with what I ended up getting. All in all, I love how it surprises me sometimes, and I honestly don't think I'd be able to keep playing Terraria if Red actually gave into all the "make everything craftable," "completely do away with rare drops," and "100% chance for everything" crap.

i totally agree with you in terms of loot drop RNG, if anything, the values might need to be adjusted a little, but anything resembling 100% is just dumb. grinding for rare drops is a fun part of the game after all, and it gives a sense of achievement upon obtaining something elusive (such as the rod of discord!).

i totally agree with you in terms of loot drop RNG, if anything, the values might need to be adjusted a little, but anything resembling 100% is just dumb. grinding for rare drops is a fun part of the game after all, and it gives a sense of achievement upon obtaining something elusive (such as the rod of discord!).
I am almost entirely against grinding for things, because then, you're just farming instead of actually playing the game. I like just getting drops by chance, not slaving countless hours for something I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. When you farm for hours, exclusively for a single item, how can you even call that legit?

so you never farmed demon eyes for lenses to work towards farming EoC for binoculars in your spare time?
No. I do in deed end up collecting them because you generally killl everything in sight at nights, but lenses are better saved for mechanical eyes, and by hardmode, you'll have enough. Demon eyes aren't that hard to find. And it's mainly exclusive farming for rare items I despise, which people complain about taking to long when it's better not to do in the first place.

Back on topic, I really want more colorful NPC's, bosses, and armor sets. New set bonuses are always fun.
And the entire desk of Fizz, if that's not conceited to say.

Reading through the pages I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people want this game to be "easier". "I don't want to babysit the jungle," okay, don't. If there's so much care for the preservation of the jungle then take the time beforehand to section it off so corruption would never spread through it? With how fast people can dig using the shroomite claw, it would literally take you less than 5 minutes to dig a 4 block wide hole straight down on either side of the jungle.. and done.

Secondly, RNG does not need to be lower for loot drops. The best things in any game don't come easy and Terraria shouldn't be an exception. I killed over 200 planteras for my Axe, others have killed less than 5, others are still going past 300. I feel like that's how it should be. If everything was so easy I wouldn't have over 1,000 hours in Terraria over the course of several years. Farming isn't even hard if you develop traps and grinding machines that can kill enemies for you faster and off screen before you can reach them. There are AFK farms out there too for people who are so against the 'grind'.

What I want to see:

- More paint options.
- 1 or 2 new mob types in every biome. Everyone is familiar with every mob in the game by now and even with expert mode coming shortly, I'd still like to see new creatures come into the world to give a refreshingly new feel to the world.
- More invasions. Even on the player. Considering every creature in the world of Terraria wants you dead, I'd like to see a more organized assassination attempt by all the different biomes out there. There are Aliens and space creatures coming in, so It would be awesome to see portals open up at your location and swarms of mobs just running at you out of the blue.
- Like said many times, a more fleshed out desert/ocean.
- Environmental disasters? Similar to the meteor, I think it would be cool to see Earthquakes and other disasters as random events. Earthquakes could bring random ores to the surface in the area where it was triggered.
- Underground to have more than just abandoned mine shafts.
- A new dungeon that appears only after you beat hardmode. ( maybe in the sky/space? )
- More crafting options but with new content.. that's pretty much a given anyways.
- More NPC's, maybe even companions that will follow you around, help you mine, help you kill things and talk randomly every so often. ( For all them single player players out there )

Last edited:
Isn't frostburn armor good for ranged and melee? Also, I would like to see a pre-hardmode shotbow.
And kitten cannons. Everybody loves kitten cannons.

I'd like to see mana crystals being a little bit harder to obtain. They should set the requirements back to 10 stars IMHO. In about 5 Terraria nights you can have full 200 mana. I find that a bit too fast.

:redspin:I say that 1.3 should have post-plantera or pre-plantera plasma guns.

I want to pew pew pew people with plasma :redspin:

1: NPC attractor mechanisms. Invisible (except when wielding a mechanism-related item) items you can place to draw NPCs to your bar, restaurant, amusement park, beach resort, whatever. They could be turned on and off with switches, but it would be really nice if you could enter a begin and end time using a pop-up like the sign or gravestone text entry box. This would work well with NPCs' new ability to sit down, giving them something to do so they aren't so darned aimless all the time.

2: Pets that actually do something. Hunt mice, bring you items they find lying around as in Nethack, squeeze into cavelets and recesses that were previously hidden from you.

3: The ability to mount fishes on plaques the way you can weapons and tools. Forget those measly trophies the Angler hands out. Let's display our own prize catches!

I don't know if it's already been confirmed or not but I definitely want a lunar boss of some sort that isn't Wyvren...

Like a special one, maybe it has a rare spawn chance compared to Wyvren?

1. AoE spells like meteor storm, blizzard, star storm (drops stars), freeze wave (forward pushing freeze wave :p) , geyser (pops enemies high in the air), fissure (pops pointy rocks from the ground), MOAR SPELLS !!!

2. Early summoner items and yea i know there is a slime staff but comeon...

3. a Npc that says ALOT of puns

4. Turrets !! arrow,bullet,rocket,laser,magic missile and maybe wood shooting turret ? (anyone ? anyone ? no ? okay...)

5. Some epic mounts that actually can attack. I don't mean that the player can use items on mounts, but actually mounts that has some skills. For example:
Rhino: skills : Attack,Charge, Stomp Rhino possibly increases armor rating.
Wolf: skills: Attack,Call of the wolves (summons friendly wolves to help you),Super jump. Wolf increases your speed.
mech: skills: Attack,Laser,Rocket,Stomp,Flight. mech increases your defence 50% of what rhino does and increases attack dmg.

6. If devs would apply a "cooldown" timer then some spec ops stuff like, artillery fire,airstrike,ION CANNON !!!!!!, stealth:p

7. Maybe some futuristic mounts and few futuristic bosses that actually need those futuristic mounts to be defeated.

Sorry I was so hyped when i wrote this message i had to eat a cookie to calm myself :)

Reading through the pages I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people want this game to be "easier". "I don't want to babysit the jungle," okay, don't. If there's so much care for the preservation of the jungle then take the time beforehand to section it off so corruption would never spread through it? With how fast people can dig using the shroomite claw, it would literally take you less than 5 minutes to dig a 4 block wide hole straight down on either side of the jungle.. and done.

Secondly, RNG does not need to be lower for loot drops. The best things in any game don't come easy and Terraria shouldn't be an exception. I killed over 200 planteras for my Axe, others have killed less than 5, others are still going past 300. I feel like that's how it should be. If everything was so easy I wouldn't have over 1,000 hours in Terraria over the course of several years. Farming isn't even hard if you develop traps and grinding machines that can kill enemies for you faster and off screen before you can reach them. There are AFK farms out there too for people who are so against the 'grind'.

What I want to see:

- More paint options.
- 1 or 2 new mob types in every biome. Everyone is familiar with every mob in the game by now and even with expert mode coming shortly, I'd still like to see new creatures come into the world to give a refreshingly new feel to the world.
- More invasions. Even on the player. Considering every creature in the world of Terraria wants you dead, I'd like to see a more organized assassination attempt by all the different biomes out there. There are Aliens and space creatures coming in, so It would be awesome to see portals open up at your location and swarms of mobs just running at you out of the blue.
- Like said many times, a more fleshed out desert/ocean.
- Environmental disasters? Similar to the meteor, I think it would be cool to see Earthquakes and other disasters as random events. Earthquakes could bring random ores to the surface in the area where it was triggered.
- Underground to have more than just abandoned mine shafts.
- A new dungeon that appears only after you beat hardmode. ( maybe in the sky/space? )
- More crafting options but with new content.. that's pretty much a given anyways.
- More NPC's, maybe even companions that will follow you around, help you mine, help you kill things and talk randomly every so often. ( For all them single player players out there )
Is killing the same boss over and overand over again while eating a sandwich and not touching the keyboard fun to you?
I'm okay with rare drops. I'm NOT okay with many rare drops that discourage me from actually playing the game in the first place, and only exist to artificially increase the difficulty and the time you played Terraria.

I would like to see a proper pause button, and updates on some of the older sprites, like the Megashark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom