• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

What's taking so long?

What is going on with the TOW team right now?

• They're slacking, I tell you.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • They're hard at work.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • They're pondering what to do next.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Don't ask me.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

The TechnoMancer

Skeletron Prime
Alright. By the title, I'm sure you've already assumed this thread would be a complaint. Well, not exactly... I'm curious of what they're working on now. What do you think is happening?
Well, this is a mostly pointless thread.
Well, bye.

landstalker

Terrarian
There trying to get 1.3 out on Xbox1 and mobile since everyone is complaining about how there taking "forever"'
Actually they are working on T:OW as well, so that is what's taking so long.
And it's not really been that long.
Pipeworks only started work on T:OW in April of 2017.
That work might have included many weeks of inspecting the original version of the product and trying to figure what, if anything to save/keep and what to dispose of and/or change entirely.
So unless you work in the industry, which I do, you can't really comment on how long a game should take and "complain" about things.
They take as long as they take, depending on complexity, size of team and the problems that arise in such a complicated arena.

Yoma Amaya

Terrarian
There trying to get 1.3 out on Xbox1 and mobile since everyone is complaining about how there taking "forever"'
They actually released the 1.3 Console Version already and are trying to fix it up, I guess. The mobile version is also not under Pipeworkes Hands, it is under the work of 505 Games, Codeglue and RakNet (according to Wiki) and so the mobile Version is out of focus.

After this, I am adding my Thoughts. Since 1.3 on console is out, I think and hope they gonna work more precisely on T:OW. There are no infos what so ever because they just had bigger projects in focus. The team dedicated to T:OW might now have enough time to think about this Project.

So stay a little patient! :dryadgrin:

Yavga

Terrarian
One scenario could be that they’ve hit a roadblock somewhere mid-development and can’t seem to find a way to develop around a certain thing, so the developing team says it’s unrealistic and is getting dropped and replaced by a new team that maybe comes to the same conclusion after a while.

Wouldn’t be the first project to end because of vision differences.

landstalker

Terrarian
Also if I remember correctly Pipeworks has a different team for Otherworld, for the sole purpose of not slowing down other developments.
They have had a team working specifically on T:OW since April of 2017.
Without repeating myself at length from any of the dozens of other posts related to the same question, they inherited a "poison chalice" and first must decide what to do with it.
Once that decision is made, which by itself is a long process, they will start on development.
News will arrive when there is news to give.

Qwerty

Spazmatism
Actually they are working on T:OW as well, so that is what's taking so long.
And it's not really been that long.
Pipeworks only started work on T:OW in April of 2017.
the first trailer was in feb 2015 and the game looked good back then
2 years afterwords they "started" their work?!
it took them 1 year to fully release terraria
and 3 years to get to 1.3
T:OW is in development for more than 4 years and there is still no any hints for when it will be ready.

i know it take a while to make a game, but not 4 years

landstalker

Terrarian
the first trailer was in feb 2015 and the game looked good back then
2 years afterwords they "started" their work?!
it took them 1 year to fully release terraria
and 3 years to get to 1.3
T:OW is in development for more than 4 years and there is still no any hints for when it will be ready.

i know it take a while to make a game, but not 4 years
Obviously you're new to the situation.
As I stated, Pipeworks started work on T:OW in April of 2017.
They were taking over the project from the original team who had "dropped the ball" quite seriously.
Therefore any time spent on the project prior to April of 2017 is null and void.
The project started, under an entirely new team less than a year ago.
All previous subject matter was either sub-standard, late or unusable.
OK?

Unit One

Staff member
They actually released the 1.3 Console Version already and are trying to fix it up, I guess. The mobile version is also not under Pipeworkes Hands, it is under the work of 505 Games, Codeglue and RakNet (according to Wiki) and so the mobile Version is out of focus.

After this, I am adding my Thoughts. Since 1.3 on console is out, I think and hope they gonna work more precisely on T:OW. There are no infos what so ever because they just had bigger projects in focus. The team dedicated to T:OW might now have enough time to think about this Project.

So stay a little patient! :dryadgrin:
Pipeworks is working on the mobile update right now. 505 Games is the publisher, Pipeworks in the developer. You can't always believe what the wiki says as it's edited by the community.

the true reason why it is taking forever is because it is not getting worked on.
As stated in the other places where you want to share your opinion as if it's fact, this is not the case. Otherworld is still being worked on.

Reepicheep

The Destroyer
the true reason why it is taking forever is because it is not getting worked on.
As stated in the other places where you want to share your opinion as if it's fact, this is not the case. Otherworld is still being worked on.
Now we now that schrödinger's cat is alive, and the game is being worked on. Thanks for clearing that up Unit One, and I'm happy the cat is alive.

Also Unit One do you get a crazy amount of alerts from, well, moderating? And do you look at all of them? I know you have a job to do and this isn't really part of it, but I've always wondered about questions like this.

Unit One

Staff member
Now we now that schrödinger's cat is alive, and the game is being worked on. Thanks for clearing that up Unit One, and I'm happy the cat is alive.

Also Unit One do you get a crazy amount of alerts from, well, moderating? And do you look at all of them? I know you have a job to do and this isn't really part of it, but I've always wondered about questions like this.
Well, I mean, it's not a secret. Pipeworks has mentioned still working on Otherworld multiple times on their twitter, on here back in November, and have said it's being worked on while answering questions in their 1.3 console streams. That info is available for everyone to see, read, and hear if they care enough to look for it.

Yes, I get alerts, but not crazy amounts. You learn to manage them, and yes, I look through each one. :)

Captain Taz

Terrarian
Well, I mean, it's not a secret. Pipeworks has mentioned still working on Otherworld multiple times on their twitter, on here back in November, and have said it's being worked on while answering questions in their 1.3 console streams. That info is available for everyone to see, read, and hear if they care enough to look for it.

Yes, I get alerts, but not crazy amounts. You learn to manage them, and yes, I look through each one. :)
I've been trying to find hope that otherworld wasn't dead, and you my friend have given it to me!

I stalk the otherworld twitter weekly, hoping there'd be some form of update, but I never once considered looking at pipeworks... silly me!

Top Bottom