• Raven

• Sharknado

• Twins

• Xeno

• Deadly Sphere

• Stardust Dragon

• Stardust Cell

Results are only viewable after voting.
In terms of functionality, the Stardust Cell. In terms of appearance, the Twins. (Come on, they're a boss in minion form! And the Twins were always my favourite mechanical bosses.)

Ravens don't get in the way when I build. They don't shed light, so you can appreciate the balance of light in your build, they don't make ANY noise other than impacting enemies, which is nice, they can sweep crowds, making them good for lots of mobs, and they fly in a pattern that allows you to see what you are building. They aren't nearly as good/powerful as other end-game minions for boss-fighting or invasions, but when you want a minion that doesn't distract you, keeps the mobs off while you build, are silent, and are powerful enough to handle any biome, ravens are my choice.

As far as slaying Moon Lord, I haven't been able to use anything other than the Stardust Dragon, possibly my least favorite minion. It's just...so obnoxious.

I have to say spider. I mean, unless the sentry minions count. Then I'd say queen spider. The spider minions latch onto an enemy and look so cool taking out enemies. Plus what better way to tell an enemy to go away than half a dozen spiders crawling on them.

My favourite ine is probably the pigmy, because I really like it's design and I think the way how they're surfing on their spears looks funny.

A minion I don't like that much is the imp, because whenever I summon it it seems to try and hinder me: it shoots enemies in my direction when I build or it doesn't protect me at all by only staying in or shooting at water. No idea if only my imps are this useless.

where are the UFOs?

they are what i consider every other minion to be compared to. they are THE minion.

pigmy staff may be where summoner goes from good to great, but UFOs are where summoner spikes from great to lethal.

The Twins staff is so over the top in terms of projectiles I can't help but laugh when I see it.

The spider staff is the best. Once you get into hardmode head straight for a spider layer and kill em (which can be tough at first) till you get enough spider fangs and make a staff and a set of armor. Now your set to explore hardmode. Spiders are the best.

Slime Staff for me. It is so hard and tedious to get, so when you do... it just feels so good.
where are the UFOs?

they are what i consider every other minion to be compared to. they are THE minion.

pigmy staff may be where summoner goes from good to great, but UFOs are where summoner spikes from great to lethal.
(Xeno Staff is the UFO Staff)

Hard to choose really, but I think I would go for the Deadly Sphere. It's just a really awesome idea to me to have a floating sphere that attacks baddies around. Not to mention it's kept my bacon from being cooked while mining (especially meteors) and fishing too.

In terms of appearance, the Slime Staff rules, just look at how cute the Slimey is. With that cheeky grin and how it suffocates other slimes to death.

In terms of combat, the Twins is really good for this.

I ignored the Mystic Pygmy Staff and keeps using this summon until Golem. That's how good it is.

I voted "Stardust Cell", just for utility reasons. It's simply the most efficient minion when it comest to keeping enemies off your back when you are occupied with other things. However, if it's about what I really like to have around, I would vote Raven. I love how those fly around you. And the Pygmy gets points for putting a smile on my face.

Back
Top Bottom