Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
Oh forget rumors then, I guess we'll be getting confirmation tomorrow one way or another. Honestly, I don't even believe any of the supposed leaks about Pokemon Stars. I'm hoping the gen 4 remakes are real though, I'd love to revisit Sinnoh in a modern pokemon game.

wooooooooow
Please try to provide more content in future posts.

Anyway, somewhat disappointed with how tacked on that Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon stuff felt. It seems like the whole point was to be a trailer for Pokken Tournament DX and the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon stuff got slapped on at the end to get more hype built.

Last edited:
Do people even care about Pokken? I'm not sure if I would be excited by this direct even if I did since there won't be all that many new things. And Ultra Sun/Moon is too far away to hype me up now.

I suppose I can understand why some people are disappointed, but I didn't set my expectations that high. Ultra Sun/Moon does seem decently interesting though, too bad we know almost nothing about it.

Pokken Deluxe, along with Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon confirmed, then Gold & Silver will be available on the eshop.
Of course they announce an "Ultra" version after I buy the non-Ultra version. :)
Release date is five months away though, so that's plenty of time to have fun with Sun and Moon.

I felt like it would have been better to announce Ultra Sun and Moon at a later date along with some things on the next generation and just leave this direct as only spin offs and etc or vice versa because it felt as though the direct was more for Pokken than for it to be with anything else like Matsu said.

Now I think about it, I wonder if the "Ultra" in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon relates to...
... the Ultra Beasts and/or Ultra Space?
I don't know much about them, only that they exist. Perhaps Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will focus on expanding their role in the story, their background and their effects?

GameXplain made a video analyzing the teaser. He payed very close attention to visual changes that emphasis that this game with look noticeably different to the first set of games. Here's the link to the video in case you want to watch it:

Necrozma me boy. There's a lot that can be done with this game, I think. They might be able to hit it out of the park considering how charming Alola is and the idea that there could be move tutors now and more new Pokémon to make a better gen 7 roster. They could also pull a :red:ty sequel job and leave the salty fans even more offput. But that's against the odds I think.

oh boy black and white 2 all over again
but this time it's in a different universe gee wizz
i sure do like having to deal with 3 different universes and keeping track of all of them because nintendo randomly decided to pull a half assed black and white 2

My Festival Plaza had a bunch of auto-generated personas offering questions / requests with which I could get Festival Coins. I had a few dozen such personas and earned about 400 FC. Then I quick-linked to Sun to trade over the starters to complete the Pokedex and all of the auto-generated personas were deleted and replaced with only one persona: my player in Sun. I connected to the Internet to see if I could get some other players as well to earn more FCs, but I got a bunch of random personas saying random things. Which I expected and don't care too much about, but I wanted personas who would give me FCs. These personas don't.

Is there a way I can remove the Internet / quick-link personas and go back to using auto-generated personas?

I defeated Alola's Elite Four last night and became Champion. Hooray? While I was getting the second last Z-crystal, the Psychinium Z, I encountered and caught a Shiny Dugtrio. Given how rare shinies (OOH A SHINY!) are, I was pretty happy about that! But I can't help but wish it was a shiny Pokemon I'd actually use in my team. :)
Now that I've defeated the Elite Four, I need to do it again on Sun. My brother hasn't done anything with the game, so I'll have to play it to get the version exclusives.

I got another gift card from work, so maybe I'll use that to buy Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon when they're released.

Extensive wall of text on my thoughts follow. Spoilers!
Having a single chance fight with Tapu Koko after defeating Kukui with no chance to save in-between is rather unfair. If you defeat Tapu Koko, you'll need to reset, redo the fight with Kukui and go through the cutscenes again. With 1 HP left (yay False Swipe), it took two dozen Ultra, Timer and Dusk Balls before a Dusk Ball captured it.
The end of the ending... why are game designers allergic to happy endings nowadays? We can't leave it at "and they all lived happily ever after." No, someone has to die or someone has to leave. It's lost emotional impact by now.
Water and Ghost type Pokemon seem to be overly represented. With the Normal type being immune to Ghost and there being so many make them lose what made them special. Pretty much everything with a mouth can learn Bite and OHKO Ghost types. Even Lunala and Decidueye are part Ghost!
The high number of Water types also conflicted with me choosing the Water type starter. I caught ~40% of the Pokemon on each island before moving on. Maybe it was just how I played the game -- I was starved for decent Grass, Fire and Electric types when I needed them for trials. Alolan Marowak could have filled the Fire hole, but at level 60 he still hasn't learnt any Fire-type moves. Magnemite (from the first island) was the only Electric Pokemon I had until I could buy Thunder Stones and evolve an Eevee. I think they should have focused more on 'basic' types (e.g. Grass, Water, Fire) in the first/second island and left the more advanced types (e.g. Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Fairy - I had all of these before completing my second trial!) to later islands.
Checking Bulbapedia says 19/302 Pokemon are Ghost and 57/302 are Water. 41 are Normal, 17 are Fire, 21 are Electric and 24 are Grass. Perhaps my Ghost remarks are biased, but it does show an over-abundance of Water types. Everything except Water (57), Flying (40) and Normal (41) range from 15-30 representative Pokemon.

My favourite new Pokemon was Primarina. It is quite cute! When it uses Disarming Voice in battle, the animation that plays is like it's blowing the fluff off a dandelion. My favourite Alolan form Pokemon is Alolan Marowak. I like the cute little dance it does in Refresh when it's happy! Marowak incorporates its dance into its attack animation. If you put the two together in a Double Battle: one is completely blasé about it and the other looks like it needs restraints. It makes for a strange contrast!
I'm also partial to Lunala and Absol. I'd have to check the PC for other Pokémon I liked.

Hau comes dangerously close to being annoying. He feels like a hanger-on to the plot. If you removed him from the game entirely, there'd be no gap left behind. In fact, the game actually does remove him for the final island. For his island trial... he's not doing it for fame, money or love. He's doing it only because it's expected.
This reaches ridiculous levels in what seems to be a throwaway line early in the third island. Hau admits he cannot beat his grandfather - the kahuna of the first island. The player does defeat the kahuna. So what happened there? Did Hau get a free pass from his grandfather? Did his grandfather let him pass the trial out of sympathy?

Team Skull also come dangerously close to being annoying. They're a parody of wannabe gangstas that are really misguided misfits. At first, it's funny. Their only 'evil' actions seem to be showing up in a random location and getting in your way. All the player has to go by is the Aether Foundation saying Team Skull is evil -- a very hypocritical statement at best! Clearly the Aether Foundation isn't all evil either. You are invading the place, but some employees are still happy to heal your Pokemon or ferry you back to port. Wicke also seems to be a good person. Maybe the management / president of Aether Foundation are evil, but I think most employees are decent people who are just following instructions.

Professor Kukui has a more believable story. When you find out Alola has no League of its own and Kukui is setting one up, it becomes apparent why he mentors you and why he acts as the Masked Royal. He's trying to promote Pokemon battling and competitions so Alola is taken seriously in the world. (Which opens up another can of worms: Why does Kukui need a foreigner to do it instead of a native Alolan? Perhaps Kukui intended the final battle for Champion to be between Hau and the player. It doesn't say much for Alolan trainer quality if a fresh 11 year old from another region can wipe the floor with them.)

The map needed more detail, especially with icons. Only current location, next goal and Pokemon Centres are shown. I have to wonder why other stores could not have their own icons (a shirt, a pie slice, etc.). The Poke Finder feature should have had an icon added to the map when they were found. No way I'll remember where they are later.
I gave up on Festival Plaza not long after posting my previous message. It's too tedious and the rewards are not worth it.

Perhaps my most favourite addition was the extra things to make it look as if your Pokémon care about you and you are caring for them, such as Refresh. :)
Primarina is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry...
You used a Max Potion!
Primarina is thrilled to bits!

I defeated Alola's Elite Four last night and became Champion. Hooray? While I was getting the second last Z-crystal, the Psychinium Z, I encountered and caught a Shiny Dugtrio. Given how rare shinies (OOH A SHINY!) are, I was pretty happy about that! But I can't help but wish it was a shiny Pokemon I'd actually use in my team. :)
Now that I've defeated the Elite Four, I need to do it again on Sun. My brother hasn't done anything with the game, so I'll have to play it to get the version exclusives.

I got another gift card from work, so maybe I'll use that to buy Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon when they're released.

Extensive wall of text on my thoughts follow. Spoilers!
Having a single chance fight with Tapu Koko after defeating Kukui with no chance to save in-between is rather unfair. If you defeat Tapu Koko, you'll need to reset, redo the fight with Kukui and go through the cutscenes again. With 1 HP left (yay False Swipe), it took two dozen Ultra, Timer and Dusk Balls before a Dusk Ball captured it.
The end of the ending... why are game designers allergic to happy endings nowadays? We can't leave it at "and they all lived happily ever after." No, someone has to die or someone has to leave. It's lost emotional impact by now.
Water and Ghost type Pokemon seem to be overly represented. With the Normal type being immune to Ghost and there being so many make them lose what made them special. Pretty much everything with a mouth can learn Bite and OHKO Ghost types. Even Lunala and Decidueye are part Ghost!
The high number of Water types also conflicted with me choosing the Water type starter. I caught ~40% of the Pokemon on each island before moving on. Maybe it was just how I played the game -- I was starved for decent Grass, Fire and Electric types when I needed them for trials. Alolan Marowak could have filled the Fire hole, but at level 60 he still hasn't learnt any Fire-type moves. Magnemite (from the first island) was the only Electric Pokemon I had until I could buy Thunder Stones and evolve an Eevee. I think they should have focused more on 'basic' types (e.g. Grass, Water, Fire) in the first/second island and left the more advanced types (e.g. Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Fairy - I had all of these before completing my second trial!) to later islands.
Checking Bulbapedia says 19/302 Pokemon are Ghost and 57/302 are Water. 41 are Normal, 17 are Fire, 21 are Electric and 24 are Grass. Perhaps my Ghost remarks are biased, but it does show an over-abundance of Water types. Everything except Water (57), Flying (40) and Normal (41) range from 15-30 representative Pokemon.

My favourite new Pokemon was Primarina. It is quite cute! When it uses Disarming Voice in battle, the animation that plays is like it's blowing the fluff off a dandelion. My favourite Alolan form Pokemon is Alolan Marowak. I like the cute little dance it does in Refresh when it's happy! Marowak incorporates its dance into its attack animation. If you put the two together in a Double Battle: one is completely blasé about it and the other looks like it needs restraints. It makes for a strange contrast!
I'm also partial to Lunala and Absol. I'd have to check the PC for other Pokémon I liked.

Hau comes dangerously close to being annoying. He feels like a hanger-on to the plot. If you removed him from the game entirely, there'd be no gap left behind. In fact, the game actually does remove him for the final island. For his island trial... he's not doing it for fame, money or love. He's doing it only because it's expected.
This reaches ridiculous levels in what seems to be a throwaway line early in the third island. Hau admits he cannot beat his grandfather - the kahuna of the first island. The player does defeat the kahuna. So what happened there? Did Hau get a free pass from his grandfather? Did his grandfather let him pass the trial out of sympathy?

Team Skull also come dangerously close to being annoying. They're a parody of wannabe gangstas that are really misguided misfits. At first, it's funny. Their only 'evil' actions seem to be showing up in a random location and getting in your way. All the player has to go by is the Aether Foundation saying Team Skull is evil -- a very hypocritical statement at best! Clearly the Aether Foundation isn't all evil either. You are invading the place, but some employees are still happy to heal your Pokemon or ferry you back to port. Wicke also seems to be a good person. Maybe the management / president of Aether Foundation are evil, but I think most employees are decent people who are just following instructions.

Professor Kukui has a more believable story. When you find out Alola has no League of its own and Kukui is setting one up, it becomes apparent why he mentors you and why he acts as the Masked Royal. He's trying to promote Pokemon battling and competitions so Alola is taken seriously in the world. (Which opens up another can of worms: Why does Kukui need a foreigner to do it instead of a native Alolan? Perhaps Kukui intended the final battle for Champion to be between Hau and the player. It doesn't say much for Alolan trainer quality if a fresh 11 year old from another region can wipe the floor with them.)

The map needed more detail, especially with icons. Only current location, next goal and Pokemon Centres are shown. I have to wonder why other stores could not have their own icons (a shirt, a pie slice, etc.). The Poke Finder feature should have had an icon added to the map when they were found. No way I'll remember where they are later.
I gave up on Festival Plaza not long after posting my previous message. It's too tedious and the rewards are not worth it.

Perhaps my most favourite addition was the extra things to make it look as if your Pokémon care about you and you are caring for them, such as Refresh. :)
Primarina is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry...
You used a Max Potion!
Primarina is thrilled to bits!
Single chance? In generation 4 (I think) they made it so you can fight against the legendary pokemon again (after fighting the elite 4 again I think). I think that would apply here as well. Though I do agree that the timing was terrible.

Single chance? In generation 4 (I think) they made it so you can fight against the legendary pokemon again (after fighting the elite 4 again I think). I think that would apply here as well. Though I do agree that the timing was terrible.
You can rematch with Legendaries in Gen 5 and 6 too, I think. You just need to beat the E4 + Champion again and they'll respawn.

My favorite games?
#1. HGSS You get to fight Red, plus had the most legendaries up to ORAS.
#2 DPPt probably the hardest game Imo, in always up for a challenge.
#3 RSE Now, don't get my fav games confused with my favorite starters. Hoenn did set the model that has been used in almost all the other Pokémon games, though.

Back
Top Bottom