Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
A few balance changes I personally would like to be made in the formula of the main Pokemon games are :
  • When using an attacking z-move, you cannot lose your turn by the effects of flinch, paralyze, confusion and attract. RNG is too much of a victory deciding factor in a Pokemon battle and thus cutting it off as much as possible would make battles more enjoyable, at least for me.
  • The Ice type is easily the worst type defensively, resisting only Ice type attacks and having weaknesses to many common offensive types, I believe it should resist one or maybe even two more types, I would pick Grass and or Flying since naturally they should not be able to do much to ice as an element.
  • Double Team and Minimize are broken, again relying on luck too much with no effective counters, moves that bypass accuracy checks are very underpowered and most of them should have their battle points increased, (for example, Smart Strike should go from 70bp to 80bp, Swift should go from 60bp to 80bp). I wouldn't change aerial ace since Scyther makes use of it with the Technician ability boosting it to 90bp and to 135bp after STAB. Minimize should increase evasion by one, not by two stages.
A feature I would like to see in future pokemon games is the addition of a "challenge mode", adding more difficulty to the story mode of the games, these are the main subfeatures that I would like the most for this mode :
  • You cannot use Revive or Max Revive, at least in battle.
  • You are not given the option to switch pokemon after defeating one of your opponent's pokemon.
  • Opponents have higher levels, smarter AI and use more advanced strategies.

That is already an option.
Yes, I know but if this hypothetical challenge mode was on, it would auto-disable this option, the game is a bit more difficult that way, without it disabled, even with the other two features I mentioned, it still would not be hard enough and I'd rather not handicap myself just for a challenge (a bit stupid, I know).

I've been watching the "fan editions" (and their similarly named counterparts) for Ultra Sun/Moon being announced in other countries, and it's now been announced for Australia. It sounds like it includes some interesting goodies, but I don't really want pictures of Poke Balls. Would be nice if it had other things in it. It appears Europe and the US have similar things. The UK gets figurines.
There's also a National Pokedex being released in paperback form.

Has anyone gotten these sort of things before? Do you think it is worth it?

On a somewhat related note, has Ultra Sun/Moon been confirmed to include new Pokémon? (Not counting new forms.) The National Pokedex linked above is 864 pages. As of Sun/Moon, the last Pokémon is Marshadow at #802. Allowing some pages for filler, table of contents, etc. and assuming one Pokémon per page, it could be assumed there'd be 40-50 new Pokémon added in Ultra Sun/Moon.

On a somewhat related note, has Ultra Sun/Moon been confirmed to include new Pokémon? (Not counting new forms.) The National Pokedex linked above is 864 pages. As of Sun/Moon, the last Pokémon is Marshadow at #802. Allowing some pages for filler, table of contents, etc. and assuming one Pokémon per page, it could be assumed there'd be 40-50 new Pokémon added in Ultra Sun/Moon.
Maybe, but not with one pokémon per page, because according to the article you linked the book will contain reverse lookup tables for moves and abilities and a list of TMs along with their locations. I imagine that the reverse lookup tables for moves alone could easily take up hundreds of pages unless it is made really really compact.

If they do two pokémon per page I'm sure they could fit new pokémon if they want.
A few balance changes I personally would like to be made in the formula of the main Pokemon games are :
  • When using an attacking z-move, you cannot lose your turn by the effects of flinch, paralyze, confusion and attract. RNG is too much of a victory deciding factor in a Pokemon battle and thus cutting it off as much as possible would make battles more enjoyable, at least for me.
  • The Ice type is easily the worst type defensively, resisting only Ice type attacks and having weaknesses to many common offensive types, I believe it should resist one or maybe even two more types, I would pick Grass and or Flying since naturally they should not be able to do much to ice as an element.
  • Double Team and Minimize are broken, again relying on luck too much with no effective counters, moves that bypass accuracy checks are very underpowered and most of them should have their battle points increased, (for example, Smart Strike should go from 70bp to 80bp, Swift should go from 60bp to 80bp). I wouldn't change aerial ace since Scyther makes use of it with the Technician ability boosting it to 90bp and to 135bp after STAB. Minimize should increase evasion by one, not by two stages.
I disagree with two of these:
  • If you lose a turn when using a Z-move you have either: A. Failed to take the risk into account, probably because you haven't properly dealt with a faster pokémon that can inflict such a status, which means you've been outplayed. B. You've taken a calculated risk, and then you should already be accepting a possible failure. Z-moves should not be mindless uncounterable "I win" buttons, they should be used strategically, which I think they very much are in the current official competitive format.
  • You're right here, Ice should totally have at least one more resistance. I think it should resist poison, since the other types that represent solid materials (rock, ground, steel) are resistant or immune to the type. Or maybe water since they're kind of the same thing so they should resist each other like how most types resist themselves.
  • First off, there is a plethora of options when it comes to moves that cannot miss, if you want strong ones you have Z-moves and moves like Thunder in Rain, and even 60 power isn't bad by any means, since one of the most popular coverage moves, Hidden Power, also has 60 power. Secondly, Double Team/Minimize are also big investments, not only do they take up a move slot that could be used to secure key KOs or counter other strategies, but they also waste a valuable turn. There's plenty of reasons for why these moves are extremely rare in competitive pokémon these days.

I disagree with two of these:
  • If you lose a turn when using a Z-move you have either: A. Failed to take the risk into account, probably because you haven't properly dealt with a faster pokémon that can inflict such a status, which means you've been outplayed. B. You've taken a calculated risk, and then you should already be accepting a possible failure. Z-moves should not be mindless uncounterable "I win" buttons, they should be used strategically, which I think they very much are in the current official competitive format.
  • You're right here, Ice should totally have at least one more resistance. I think it should resist poison, since the other types that represent solid materials (rock, ground, steel) are resistant or immune to the type. Or maybe water since they're kind of the same thing so they should resist each other like how most types resist themselves.
  • First off, there is a plethora of options when it comes to moves that cannot miss, if you want strong ones you have Z-moves and moves like Thunder in Rain, and even 60 power isn't bad by any means, since one of the most popular coverage moves, Hidden Power, also has 60 power. Secondly, Double Team/Minimize are also big investments, not only do they take up a move slot that could be used to secure key KOs or counter other strategies, but they also waste a valuable turn. There's plenty of reasons for why these moves are extremely rare in competitive pokémon these days.
For the first one, I wasn't thinking of this as a Z-moves buff, more like a counter to pokemon such as Togekiss, which can paralyze you and then strike with Air Slash with a 60% chance to flinch you, even without flinch Togekiss has very good stats and is able to both take and give a lot of damage, I don't always carry pokemon with Steadfast or Inner Focus.

For the one about moves that cannot miss, I had no idea that Thunder could not miss at all in rain, I thought it went to 100% accuracy, so my bad on this one.

Story Time : I once lost to a Parasect in Emerald's Battle Tower, it started using Double Team, so I was planning to use Toxic on it with the Cradily that I had in the back but then I accidentally paralyzed it with Thunder, I would have never used Thunder if I had known it was going to spam Double Team, to make matters worse, it was holding Leftovers so it was able to restore all damage that went through, so I pp stalled it and then I learned the gen 3 Struggle mechanics, the battle took more than 100 turns and due to the horrible mechanics of Struggle, it was going to be an endless battle since Cradily was also holding Leftovers, they could both restore Struggle recoil with Leftovers, I blame Game Freak, I turned off the Console.

At least they have fixed Struggle.

3rd Evolution: Charizard

2nd Evolution: Lucario

1st Evolution: Blaziken

Legendary: Suicune and also The legendary Titans (they make cool sounds)

Mythical: Victini and Keldeo

3rd Evolution: Salamence or Aegislash, Can't decide.

2rd Evolution: Sylveon.

1st Evolution: Eevee, Bulbasaur or Bagon, again cant decide :p

Legendarys: Solgaleo Mane of Dusk or Xerneas. :)

Interesting, it seems like the story will take a completely different turn, which means that it won't be the original story + something slightly different toward the very end to incorporate Necrozma which I think was what people were afraid of.

I'm actually kind of glad that I couldn't read the text since it most likely contained spoilers, not that there's usually much to spoil in a pokémon game, but still.

What Charizards? I never heard about this before.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/charizard-roars-at-target-stores/
↑ Just go to the electronics counter at Target and ask for a code.

And for those in Europe, your Marshadow event has started, go to participating retailers to receive a code.
marshadowevent2.jpg

In addition, a new video today:

Back
Top Bottom