Other Game Pokémon

What is Your Favorite Pokémon Type?

• Total voters
1st evolution: Mimikyu. Its literally a monster that wants to be loved.

2nd evolution: Noivern. It’s a large, purple bat.

final evolution: Kommo-o. It’s a fluffy dinosaur thing. What more do you want? its exp

legendary/mythical: Victini. Victini is seen as good luck, and it probably is.

I guess I’ll sort mine by generation because I don’t really have a middle evo or favorite legendary.
Gen 1: Ninetales
Gen 2: Delibird
Gen 3: Sableye
Gen 4: Chatot
Gen 5: Rufflet
Gen 6: Meowstic
Gen 7: Kommo-o
Gen 8: Doesn’t exist, you can’t convince me otherwise.

I don't know recent pokemon at all and really only know gen 5, so I have to say Snivy, although Piplup, Rowlet, and Litten are really close behind.

3rd evolution: Dragonite or Inteleon
2nd evolution: Toxtricity
1st evolution: Ditto or Hitmonchan
Legendary: Rayquaza

Hm, who shall I pick...
DD75CC96-E2E1-4FC5-BEFB-AA64BF3BD85A.jpeg

Gen 1: Arcanine
Gen 2: Mega Houndoom
Gen 3: Absol
Gen 4: Luxray
Gen 5: Zoroark
Gen 6: Zygarde (50% form)
Gen 7: Lunala

First evolution: Sandshrew, Buizel, or Eevee
Second evolution: Raboot
Third evolution: Imma say Gigalith, still have good memories using it in Pokémon Sun
Starter: Fennekin or Mudkip
Legendary/Mythical: Shaymin, also my favorite Pokémon of all time
Eeveelution: Espeon

Also filling in a few other categories.

For a long time, I feel like I've gotten tired of Pokemon due to the same 8 gym, evil team, and beat Elite 4 formula, become champion formula has been used for all the mainline games with very little meaningful change in between. I liked Sun & Moon for deviating from the Gym system at least and making the evil team a little bit more compelling. Then Sword & Shield after that returns to the same static formula.

I was pretty much prepared to give up on Pokemon until I saw the direct that showed Pokemon Legends: Arceus.

That game is a major change from Pokemon I've wanted to see for a very long time. The idea that it takes place in ancient Sinnoh before the towns we know from Diamond & Pearl were established along with how the goal is to create Sinnoh's 1st pokedex rather than being to become the Champion brings a much needed fresh new angle on the series. Those main aspects have me more interested in the game rather than the perception of being an open world. Which is also a welcome change.

The battle animations looked pretty interesting along with the player designs. The open field does look a little barebones from the trailer, but I'm cautiously optimistic that its due to how they aren't showing a lot of the special locations from the game yet. The loose release window of early 2022 next year will hopefully give them enough time to make this game into the masterpiece it needs to be.

Above all, the style of the trailer gives an implication that Legends: Arceus will be a lot more lore & story focused compared to past titles which is something very important for me. I've wanted to see better story from the Pokemon games for a long time. (Similar to or above the level shown in the Mystery Dungeon series). I hope it does turn out well since this game might bring me back into Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom