What's your favorite type of melee weapon?

I don't really like melee weapons much but I really like the Mushroom Spear and Scourge of the Corruptor

broadswords. i would like an endgame sword that is good on it's own merits rather than shooting a projectile.

i would like an endgame sword that is good on it's own merits rather than shooting a projectile.

^This. I, for one, am highly annoyed that melee has essentially become ranged combat. Beam swords aren't too terrible, but other melee weapons (looking at you Flairon) have just gone overboard.

I, for one, am a fan of spears (aside from the over-powered North Pole), and would love to see more pre-hardmode teirs (copper, iron, silver, etc). I especially like the Mushroom Spear, but would like to see it get a small boost in attack speed.

Thrown flails, such as the Meatball.
Runner-ups include boomerangs and spears. In fact, I think those weapon types should have got more content instead of adding beam swords, as those were the longest-ranged melee weapons in the game.

I like yoyos/ swords that fire projectiles because i usually prefer to stay at a safe distance while in combat, especally with bosses

Back
Top Bottom