What's your most hated sounds on terraria?

Music wise the only track I hate is otherworldly Jungle its so painful that I avoid the Jungle whenever possible in drunk worlds and if I venture there I need to carry a music box in my vanity slots to override the theme. Keep in mind that otherwise the Jungle has always been my favorite biome.
I check this thread out of boredom and see this... this kinda hurts me inside because I LOVE otherworldly jungle... It's just so nice and chill listening to this as that one turtle repeatedly attempts to murder me

Anyway, one of my most hated sounds is just the female hurt sound. I don't know why, I just... don't like it. I always end up making my characters male because of that (and because I also dislike the female sprites)

I check this thread out of boredom and see this... this kinda hurts me inside because I LOVE otherworldly jungle... It's just so nice and chill listening to this as that one turtle repeatedly attempts to murder me

Anyway, one of my most hated sounds is just the female hurt sound. I don't know why, I just... don't like it. I always end up making my characters male because of that (and because I also dislike the female sprites)
Sorry its just one of the notes in that song triggers me much like the sound of Styrofoam. Its of course no where as bad a Styrofoam however but nothing triggers me to the same extent as Styrofoam... Much pain ; _ ;

Sorry its just one of the notes in that song triggers me much like the sound of Styrofoam. Its of course no where as bad a Styrofoam however but nothing triggers me to the same extent as Styrofoam... Much pain ; _ ;
Oof... Well as long as you don't also hate Otherworldly Desert (because that one's my second favorite in the game) then we're on good terms. and if not we're still on good terms because it would be ridiculous to hate someone for their preferences on video game music

Probably the Solar Eruption noise, it's one of my main weapons and I usually hold the mouse cursor down while exploring, so the noise gets pretty annoying.

Obviously repeated sounds are annoying, but ignoring that, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the teleportation sound. The high pitched whine at the end of the sound hurts my ears a little

This

Attachments

• static-assets-upload11464597287374066342.jpg
    static-assets-upload11464597287374066342.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I forgot which enemy made this noise but it’s the higher pitched zombie sound. I think it’s Medusa? Also the metallic enemy hurt sound is fine, but I do find it jarring with the twins with it going from the fleshy to metallic sound in their 2nd phase

Edit: It’s from the Lizhards, not Medusa

Last edited:
Not me per se, but I was playing Terraria at my brother's house, and we'd gotten into a deep discussion, that had me AFK for a lil' bit, to really pay attention to what was being said. It was night time in my game, and the Zombies were really going in with the growling and snarling [his Wife joins us mid discussion]. After a while, my brother's Wife just couldn't take the sounds anymore and flipped out! "Could you please turn that f*****g game off, my gawd"!!

Me and my Brother: 👀 👀

We both unintentionally laughed, but she was actually serious, so I turned the volume down to like 15-20 [from 100], my brother on the other hand lost interest in playing anything that day, so we all just went out to eat instead. I recall a person on the forums making a request to "nerf" the Zombie sounds in Terraria in the suggestions thread, which I pushed back against; if those sound effects give you c̷̶҉̵̢͚̣̻̲̬͑̑͛͐̀͜͜͜͝͡͝͠o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝n̸͐̈́͟͟͝n̸͐̈́͟͟͝i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠p̷̸̷̨͙͙͇ͨ̌ͣ͋͟͢͠t҉̷҉̢͖͔̹͛̌͊͘͜͢͠͡͡i҉̧̯̤̙͔̑ͧ̅̔ͦ́͜͟͢͝͠o҉̢̡̲͇̌͗̀͢͝n̸͐̈́͟͟͝s҉̝̭̦͚̑ͯ̌͡ like this however, I severely apologize, I had no idea! 😅🤷‍♂️

metal clanking is soooo annoying like it sounds like someone is putting nails on a chalkboard

The metallic sound when damaging enemies like the destroyer or possessed armor is awful. Another sound I hate is the dolphins - like, sometimes I like to chill around the ocean and they just WON'T shut up.

Boss 1, or whatever that music track for EoC is.
Overused in pre-Hardmode bosses, not great compared to other boss tracks, EoC was better with Boss 4 as its music.

Boss 1, or whatever that music track for EoC is.
Overused in pre-Hardmode bosses, not great compared to other boss tracks, EoC was better with Boss 4 as its music.
Honestly, I do wish they changed up the prehardmode music a bit more. Boss 1 gets pretty stale.

Honestly, I do wish they changed up the prehardmode music a bit more. Boss 1 gets pretty stale.
I think making a track for each boss would fix that
already existing boss one would be eye of Cthulhu theme
already existing boss 2 would be wall of flesh
already existing boss 3 would be brain of Cthulhu
boss five would be golems theme

Back
Top Bottom