What's your most hated/useless NPC(s)?

The Nurse.
Like... if I die, I'm going to change my strategy and prepare again, not just run back as fast as possible. My health refills itself anyway.
I can see the use in her in certain situations, but I don't really use those.

I don't hate any NPC, but I have to say that after several years in their company, the one who seems to be the most useless is the Pirate Captain, though I love him so. Very poor inventory, I virtually never shop with him, save to complete my pet collection. I feel like every other NPC has more useful wares or services.

Only contender might be Santa, but he is seasonal anyway, so I think it's more excusable.

I don't hate any NPC, but I have to say that after several years in their company, the one who seems to be the most useless is the Pirate Captain, though I love him so. Very poor inventory, I virtually never shop with him, save to complete my pet collection. I feel like every other NPC has more useful wares or services.

Only contender might be Santa, but he is seasonal anyway, so I think it's more excusable.
Dang, I totally forgot about him. Definitely tops the Nurse in uselessness for me, haha.

Pirate for the same reason s leinfors, but I think the painter is more useless, I never bought anything from him, the only way I use him is for pre-hardmode town defence, because of the paint gun.

I never used the Pirate and probably the Party Girl too. I just don't use the items they offer.

I would probably say Santa Claus is a little bit of a waste of time but he is okay since he fits in with the Christmas theme.

As a builder I can't say I hate any of them, as the usefulness is getting me to build a specific structure for them to live in. More or less to style accordingly. So I don't hate or find any of them useless. maybe least favorite or least used. I would say either witch doctor, dye trader, or the tax collector. One of those. Witch doctor and dye trader don't have much in way of shop so I hardly shop there. The tax collector I barely use, as I tend to forget to collect coins from more often than not; that and I have yet to get him in my single player world. Useful for the money and that is it.

I am not overly interesting in the coins, as making money is pretty easy, even without him. So that is the primary reason I lump him in with the other two. I do find each useful, it is just I use those three the least amount. I like most of the NPCs. :dryadsmile:

Hated:
Hate is a strong word. Let's just call it 'serious dislike'.
I'm torn between the Goblin and the Angler.
The Angler is a kid who was obviously not taught to have some gawddarnit manners. I feel the urge to slap him whenever I talk to him. Slap him long enough for him to start calling me 'sir'.
The Goblin simply takes so much of my money because apparently reforging is a tricky business... or so he makes us believe. I bet my rear that he purposely misforges our stuff just to take more money away from us.

Useless:
I used to say Nurse, but with the Moon Lord about she has a use at last. So I'm going with the npc I visit the least. And that'd be the Pirate. Sorry, man. I like you anyway though, don't sweat it. (Although you really need to stop :red:ting on the floor, for gawd's sake.)

Yup, the Angler. That bloody kid is just spoiled and much useless, unless you dedicate to make the fishing quests every single day.

wow, my brother wasn't lying. the angler really IS a troll. my brother really REALLY doesn't like the angler

The Painter, Stylist, dye trader, and party girl All have only items that affect visual things.
I wouldn't say they're "useless". But yet, I don't visit them really often.

The pirate though....wow....he feels so underrated that I don't even noticed he's useless, If you don't care about his (with extreme heavy cannonball-shooting) cannon or vanity, then you can ignore him whole, unlike the nurse, which I've really used in expert mode.

a dead NPC. sure, they fight back, but the later in the game you get, the more easily they die.

though even in life the angler's freaking useless. all the other chars have wares to sell or things they can do for you. all the angler does is hand out fetch quests. and for what? a shiny fishing rod and some top tier bait?

even the duke was more valuable than the angler. and i'm talking about a BOSS that you had to fish for.

Back
Top Bottom