NPCs & Enemies When Biomes Clash

Terraria needs this. My only objection to this is that it isn't something already.
(That's a joke.)

I think this is great! It would really make the game unique and it would make every playthrough different.

This is a great idea, I love it. 100% support

I think the idea of the battles and the factions are awesome. It'll be fun, especially on multiplayer.

This will seem pretty cool! I think it will add more life and civilization into the game. Because in real life this thing happens a lot.

This will seem pretty cool! I think it will add more life and civilization into the game. Because in real life this thing happens a lot.
Although I thank you for your support, you are using a bad argument...
Things shouldn't happen 'just because it happens a lot in real life'. ;)

conclusion: theres a permanent war everywhere at any time.
sounds like fun, let me go get my razorblade typhoon.

I 100% support this awesome idea!
  • It makes complete sense.
  • It'll add more motion and "life" to the game like others have said.
  • You could make awesome mob arenas with it, and maybe add betting to it as well! like "4 unicorns vs 6 corrupt slimes, bet 10g-25g-50g"
  • It could make the transition from pre-hard mode to hard mode a bit easier too.
I'd also like to see AI changes to certain monsters, like bats and turtles and unicorns running away when badly hurt or walking off when they can't get to you/find you.
If that were to happen then there should also be mobs that fight to the death, like corruptors and hornets and undead. That way it doesn't look like a giant bloodbath whenever you see more than a few mobs fighting. Personally I thought it was always strange that the animals in Terraria do not value their own preservation, simply attacking until they are (or you are) no more.

There is something that never seemed to fit in here. lets see...

1 - when you enter the world, there is no hallow in it. only the regular natural terrain, and the corrupted areas. i suppose corruption is supposed to be DA EVIL THING OF DOOM. obviously it is extremely hostile to the player (heck, IMO its the hardest non-hardmode biome excluding the dungeon and Hell) and i believe even in Easymode spreads slightly, at a sluggishly slow pace.
2 - when you slay the Wall of Flesh, it says, "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", and thus appears the Hallow.
but exactly what IS the Hallow? the corruption seems to simbolize pure evil, the corruption of all things, decay, and death; while the hallow simply pressuposes happiness, and rainbows, and unicorns, and rainbows, and pink stuff, and rainbows. this should probably make the Hallow to be the exact opposite of pure evil, the PURE GOOD OF HAPPINESS AND RAINBOWS (i do realize i sound completely gay at the moment. you are allowed to laugh. i wount judge you), except for one thing: WHY ON EARTH DOES THE HALLOW WANT YOU DEAD SO BADLY?
it makes no sense, seriously. unless the Terrarian we play as is a complete sinner, he shouldnt be met with such hostility. yet, the same hostility is shown in the corruption, as well as, for that matter, in any biome.

3 - CONCLUSION: the world does not like us! and that is WHY mobs never attack eachother, they hate us players too much.

now on a more serious note, i realized that corruption mobs kill critters. maybe unaware, but they at least are able to damage them. when it rains during a blood moon, oh, so many rabbits are slain by the zombies. it COULD be interesting, and perhaps not too confusing to program, if there were a lot more different harmles criters based on other biomes, that were hostile against eachother or not.

There is something that never seemed to fit in here. lets see...

1 - when you enter the world, there is no hallow in it. only the regular natural terrain, and the corrupted areas. i suppose corruption is supposed to be DA EVIL THING OF DOOM. obviously it is extremely hostile to the player (heck, IMO its the hardest non-hardmode biome excluding the dungeon and Hell) and i believe even in Easymode spreads slightly, at a sluggishly slow pace.
2 - when you slay the Wall of Flesh, it says, "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", and thus appears the Hallow.
but exactly what IS the Hallow? the corruption seems to simbolize pure evil, the corruption of all things, decay, and death; while the hallow simply pressuposes happiness, and rainbows, and unicorns, and rainbows, and pink stuff, and rainbows. this should probably make the Hallow to be the exact opposite of pure evil, the PURE GOOD OF HAPPINESS AND RAINBOWS (i do realize i sound completely gay at the moment. you are allowed to laugh. i wount judge you), except for one thing: WHY ON EARTH DOES THE HALLOW WANT YOU DEAD SO BADLY?
it makes no sense, seriously. unless the Terrarian we play as is a complete sinner, he shouldnt be met with such hostility. yet, the same hostility is shown in the corruption, as well as, for that matter, in any biome.

3 - CONCLUSION: the world does not like us! and that is WHY mobs never attack eachother, they hate us players too much.

now on a more serious note, i realized that corruption mobs kill critters. maybe unaware, but they at least are able to damage them. when it rains during a blood moon, oh, so many rabbits are slain by the zombies. it COULD be interesting, and perhaps not too confusing to program, if there were a lot more different harmles criters based on other biomes, that were hostile against eachother or not.
The Hallow is considered evil (by me and many others), it resembles deception.
Must I explain further?

This needs to be a thing.

Except ONE note: mobs preaggroed on you shouldn't just turn around and attack something else. If you got chased by a Unicorn all the way back to the Corruption it shouldn't just see a Face monster and go after that instead. (Not for logic but for balance, otherwise I'd just stand in the divide between the two biomes and shoot everything.)

Back
Top Bottom