NPCs & Enemies When Biomes Clash

zimberzimber

Terrarian
Hello and welcome to another suggestion of mine!
Today we will be discussing the relations between the various mobs of Terraria.

So Unicorn, what can you tell us about Floaty Gross?
- "Well he's a huge D*&$! I hate everything about him, and I don't ever want to see him again! Why do I even work with him to destroy the player?! I don't even care about the player!"
- Now now, calm down. I am sure-
- "What did you just say about me?! Know what? Go back to your colorful happy place where everything is puking rainbows!"
- "Oh so that's how it is?! ITS ON!"

- Guys! Guys! Please! Let us just-
- "Oh I'll show you!"
technical_difficulties.jpg

So back on topic, I always wondered why all the mobs in Terraria are so obsessed with destroying the player that they ignore each other.
The corruption are the hallow are clearly enemies, why do they cooperate?
I think this should be changed, and given some flavor.

The creature of Terraria should start reacting to each other and acting differently at each others presence, for instance, if there is a Soul Eater and a player near a Gastropod, he will first focus on killing the Soul Eater, then the player.
But they shouldn't be dumb while reacting to enemies, they should know whenever they have a chance against a certain mob or not.
Also mobs will flee when they are low on health or are overpowered by the player, unless they are brainless undead, a boss or an invasion mob.

-Example:
There are 3 mobs around the player, a Corruptor, a Pixie and a purple slime.
♦ The Corruptor will first try to kill the Pixie, then the player, and then the slime.
♣ The Pixie is overpowered by the Corruptor, so she will either ignore him and attack the player or will flee, and then if the Corruptor is not present, she will attack the player then the slime.
♠ The slime doesn't care, he will just hop around until something hits him, then he will focus on that thing that hit him.

Mobs drops are also effected by how much damage the player dealt to that mob, but some special items would drop regardless of that.
♦ 75% of total HP = max drops
♥ 25% of total HP = no drops excluding special items
Note: This does not effect drop chance calculation in any way, the calculation and the actual drop are calculated separately

-The basic relations would be:
Corruption x Hallow
Crimson x Hallow
Crimson x Corruption*
*Although they both rivals with hallow, they still fight over territory and resources, therefore they should also hate each other.

-Advanced relations of non-evil biomes: (Just an expansion, not a must)
Crimson x Corruption x Hallow x Everything
Hell x Everyone
Jungle x Mushrooms
Dungeon x Everyone
Sea x Everyone (Sharks kill everything that moves, Crabs simply protect themselves and Jellyfish just float around and sing anyone who gets too close)
Undead x Everything except for other Undead (By undead I refer mainly to underground undead)
Ice x Desert

♥ Invasions, solar eclipses and moons also fight anything except bosses
♦ Bosses ignore mobs and are ignored by mobs unless they are tied together (Brain of Cthulhu and Creepers)
♣ The purity/overworld/forest counts as unclaimed neutral territory, therefore ignores anyone but the player, same about the sky/space.

Also biome battles may occur after hardmode, but only between Corruption, Hallow and Crimson and only once a Terrarian week.
Their rarity is based on the occupation rate of the world, and the stronger faction will be invading the weaker faction.
Example: World is 49% Hallow, 30% Corrupt and 50% Crimson
♥ There is a high chance a battle between the Hallow and the Crimson will happen, and Crimson will be invading Hallow.
♦ A battle has begun!
♣ Crimson mobs start spawning on Hallow biomes, spawn rates and max spawns are drastically increased.

-Wow this is actually pretty good!
Glad you enjoyed!
Now Floaty Gross and Unicorn can fight freely! (If its implemented)

-How may I support the idea?!
Just post the following code into your signature and you'll get a fine banner with a direct link to this thread!
Code:
[url=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/when-biomes-clash.603/][img]http://oi59.tinypic.com/aak7ev.jpg[/img][/url]
aak7ev.jpg

tumblr_lume3pLDqJ1qk4nh2o1_500.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!
Feedback is appreciated and have a nice day!

Last edited:
I like this idea. Just wondering, could you put in ranks so we can get an idea of what we would be able to do if this was implemented?

I like the idea quite a bit, although it would be a little weird to have yourself tied to one biome faction permanently. Having both Crimson and Corruption would be very chaotic even without the biome wars.

I like the idea quite a bit, although it would be a little weird to have yourself tied to one biome faction permanently. Having both Crimson and Corruption would be very chaotic even without the biome wars.
You are not permanently tied to it, you can resummon an ambassador to change your faction, forgot to state so in the original post.
It will indeed be chaotic, but what fun it is without some chaos? ;)

I agree with everything except the hiring mobs to help you, i mean that's the summoner's job. Now if you can get a summoner staff for unicorns, then we are talking. Anyway nice idea.

I agree with everything except the hiring mobs to help you, i mean that's the summoner's job. Now if you can get a summoner staff for unicorns, then we are talking. Anyway nice idea.
And what if I told you they do summon damage?
Therefore more summoner damage more damage!

I remember someone suggesting this,but I don't remember if you accepted or not. If you pick corruption/crimson to be a member of, you can leve there,as can NPCs,but they will complain about it. Also,support!

I remember someone suggesting this,but I don't remember if you accepted or not. If you pick corruption/crimson to be a member of, you can leve there,as can NPCs,but they will complain about it. Also,support!
Yes I accepted that.
Forgot to post it here for some reason...'Thanks for reminding!

this needs to be a thing, if its not in the game it needs to be a mod. lord English gives this a +999999999999999999

hmm mixed on this I disagree with everything here except the spreading biomes.
(this requires the jungle to be changed so that it either is immune to infection or handled similar to the ice biome but that is something else)
I like
Corruption x Hallow
Crimson x Hallow
Crimson x Corruption
all fighting but don't really think anything else makes sense. Regular mobs would be neutral swayed by the taint as their home is converted only enemy spreading biomes would be their enemy

hmm mixed on this I disagree with everything here except the spreading biomes.
(this requires the jungle to be changed so that it either is immune to infection or handled similar to the ice biome but that is something else)
I like
Corruption x Hallow
Crimson x Hallow
Crimson x Corruption
all fighting but don't really think anything else makes sense. Regular mobs would be neutral swayed by the taint as their home is converted only enemy spreading biomes would be their enemy
This is just a cluster of everything I have to offer about biome mechanics.
About the jungle, it must have the ability to be reversible from any biome back to jungle, so that mud wont turn to dirt, eliminating the jungle.

Back
Top Bottom