NPCs & Enemies When Biomes Clash

I've coded some things myself, but no I haven't. I love the idea, it just seems quite complicated.
Well enemies damaging each other can be implemented with a modified turtle armor set code
Wars can be invasions, and with some logistic coding it is possible to make only one invasion, but with different enemies each time.
Spread bonus can work the exact same way the broken demon altars give a spread boost.

So the only thing to code from scratch would be the factions system, but I don't like it as much.

Well enemies damaging each other can be implemented with a modified turtle armor set code
Wars can be invasions, and with some logistic coding it is possible to make only one invasion, but with different enemies each time.
Spread bonus can work the exact same way the broken demon altars give a spread boost.

So the only thing to code from scratch would be the factions system, but I don't like it as much.
Very clever...
I see you thought about this. I'm a noob to coding, btw.:indifferent:

Very clever...
I see you thought about this. I'm a noob to coding, btw.:indifferent:
That's ok. :)
As someone who is learning C# coding for 2 years now, I can tell you that you learn how to use the existing, ways to type less code and make it as convenient as possible for the coders.

That would be impossible to code... The devs would go nuts. Anybody here know how hard it is to code? It is so damn hard.
Survivalcraft, another block game, is getting something like this and the developer is not having any problems that he has blogged. Surely Terraria with it's multiple developers could make this.

I saw this on TO, and yet it seems that here you've improved it even more. Strong support. I love the idea of Biome Battles. I'm OK with the hallow and hate the corruption/crimson, so if that happened, unicorns would basically assist me in destroying the corruption. BEST IDEA EVER!!!

Complicated, but cool. I definitely support corruption, crimson, and hallow fighting, other creatures fighting each other I'm not so sure about.

I did like the idea, but then you got to the ambassador summoning and the perks and the faction siding stuff and I didn't like it in the end (just my own PERSONAL opinion).

Honestly all I like is Corruption v Crimson v Hallow. Like others have said, neutral areas are neutral so anything not part of those 3 should be ignored/only defend themselves if attacked (but player is higher priority in this case).

a possible way of making invasions/clashes work could be having a bar in top of the screen with some small text saying

"LEADING FACTION"

which would consist of a colored bar with a yellow line to separate the factions the bar would grow to one side or another depending on mobs of that faction killed
and once the day/night i dont know is over a winner will be decided and the winner gets x amount of territory

also shouldnt the purity get a bit of love in this? it seems they are unable to defend themselves so couldn't the player be the king? as a possibility well good work anyways!

a possible way of making invasions/clashes work could be having a bar in top of the screen with some small text saying

"LEADING FACTION"

which would consist of a colored bar with a yellow line to separate the factions the bar would grow to one side or another depending on mobs of that faction killed
and once the day/night i dont know is over a winner will be decided and the winner gets x amount of territory

also shouldnt the purity get a bit of love in this? it seems they are unable to defend themselves so couldn't the player be the king? as a possibility well good work anyways!
Well the devs are making a progression bar for the moons, so I don't see why not.

About the purity, as I said, its an unclaimed area, it cannot protect itself.

it would be interesting if biome-spreading mobs (like corruptors) could convert mobs from enemy factions to their faction to help in the war. it also would be nice if, when you see that enemy biomes are (naturally) spreading too much, you can tell the ambassador to start a war anytime so if you don't have the clentaminator you can spread your biome over via war. but if you DO have the clentaminator, you get +1000 points everytime you use it to cleanse enemy biomes. it would also be interesting if the clentaminator would go into "war" mode when there's a war going on, one-shotting enemy mobs (if you're using your biome's solution, but if you're using green solution nothing happens), but losing the ability to change blocks, and when the war is over it goes back into "clentaminate" mode, losing the ability to damage mobs and retaining the ability to change blocks. then the clentaminator could be upgraded to the Lihzahrd Clentaminator which allows you to switch between the two modes manually

I made a topic where I described what could you do if you joined the hallow. Maybe we should fuse our ideas?
However, I proposed a different way to join the faction, and solved the drops problem:
Example: if you don't hurt unicorns anymore, how to get unicorn horns?

Back
Top Bottom