When do I use bows and when do I use guns

As someone who tends to have characters using a little everything even when they're focused mainly on one "type" (so, like, my magic user usually still has a sword and a bow/gun), my suggestion is "When you've got no bullets, use a bow. When you've got no arrows, use a gun. When you've got the infinite basic ammo pouches for both, use whatever you've got a good one of, and remember to put them at the bottom of your ammo slots so your special ammo is used first."

I’m asking overall when do ise bows and when do I use guns
There isn't really a "When should I use this weapon?" issue. I say, it's whether you want to use it or not; if you want to be a ranger, go ranger; if you want to be magic, go magic; whatever you want to use, use it; nothing can deter you.

Use guns in prehardmode, use bows in hardmode. Hardmode bows are actually some of the best weapons in the entire game if you can master their projectiles having gravity

Both guns and bows are strong weapons that can handle any challenge the game throws at you, just use whichever weapons you find more fun.

What's more important is using the right ammo.
For crowds use jester's arrows, or with guns meteor bullets->exploding bullets->High velocity bullets
For bosses use frostburn arrows -> hellfire arrows -> ichor arrows/holy arrows or with guns silver bullets -> crystal bullets/chloro bullets

Don't forget to also try out the hardmode dart guns they are impressive both visually and in thier effectiveness

Back
Top Bottom