• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

When (if?) you first play Otherworld..

Closterdad

Official Terrarian
What world size?

personally, i always liked large worlds in Terraria because it meant i'd have a lot to explore; and that's the fun part of the game to me. So for me, probably the new Extra Large Jumbo with Fries size.

at least until i find everything useful and then it's less cool, which is why i hope that Otherworld gives you more reasons to explore. Perhaps the tower defense mechanic might do the trick

vesi

Terrarian
Probably will do the largest, just so there's more to explore and progressing takes a little bit longer. This way the first playthrough can last a little longer.

Ambitions

Skeletron Prime
I would probably just create a boring small world cause that's always what I do. Eventually I might make a medium world and then a large world for separate playthroughs just to experience what that's like.

Techdude594

Skeletron Prime
What world size?

personally, i always liked large worlds in Terraria because it meant i'd have a lot to explore; and that's the fun part of the game to me. So for me, probably the new Extra Large Jumbo with Fries size.

at least until i find everything useful and then it's less cool, which is why i hope that Otherworld gives you more reasons to explore. Perhaps the tower defense mechanic might do the trick
Extra large is something I've been waiting for in the normal game, but the fact that it's gonna be in TOW makes me even more hyped! I also hope there is expert mode and / or hardmode from the original game, would be a shame if that isn't the case.

Gib

Terrarian
I would say infinite worlds would be great, BUT sadly that isn't how Terraria plays. If there is no end of the world there would be no beaches, and many events would be impossible to find, if you venture too far, any random in world event will be impossible to track down.

PlatinumUmbreon

Eye of Cthulhu
I'll go with the largest size world available. I typically go with large-sized worlds on my normal Terraria playthroughs and I don't see a need to change my habit here.

Sylving

Skeletron Prime
Possibly large world because WHY NOT

I mean, in the first game, you had to protect yourself from corruption so a larger world meant greater difficulty, but here the whole world starts out as corrupted. The main reason I didn't like larger worlds becomes the main dynamic of the game? The idea feels renewed, let's have a loooong-lasting first playthrough.

... My computer will perhaps not like a Most Largest Extra Girthy World of Doom Super Deep With Added Length(tm) but a regular large would be neat. I just hope there will be fun ways to travel.

FlyKip

Plantera
Possibly large world because WHY NOT

I mean, in the first game, you had to protect yourself from corruption so a larger world meant greater difficulty, but here the whole world starts out as corrupted. The main reason I didn't like larger worlds becomes the main dynamic of the game? The idea feels renewed, let's have a loooong-lasting first playthrough.

... My computer will perhaps not like a Most Largest Extra Girthy World of Doom Super Deep With Added Length(tm) but a regular large would be neat. I just hope there will be fun ways to travel.
My first Terraria world was a large world and I kinda regret it, considering it took forever to find a sufficient amount of heart cystals, and navigate to the dungeon and jungle.

Sylving

Skeletron Prime
it took forever to find a sufficient amount of heart cystals
I don't think heart crystals are rarer in a large world, navigating is a problem but I believe resources are not scattered farther from each other (so in fact more numerous in a world)

FlyKip

Plantera
I don't think heart crystals are rarer in a large world, navigating is a problem but I believe resources are not scattered farther from each other (so in fact more numerous in a world)
I always do a small, it's just easier in my opinion.

Derpinator-9000

The Destroyer
Large - Very Large as I want the game to last long. I know the worlds are supposed to loop, but I feel like very large might be a bit too big. I'm doing a playthrough with some friends, so I gotta see what they think too.

FlyKip

Plantera
Sadly, it is confirmed that there will be no infinite world size. It does make sense to have no infinite worlds, since your goal is to cleanse the corruption. That would be impossible with an infinite world.

Top Bottom