Xbox 360 When should I fight Ocram?

Grand Paladin Tyrux

Empress of Light
So, I've already fully beat the PC edition (Moon/Fishron tier gear, max reforges, beat all the bosses, etc.) and I'm wondering when, in the console version, should I take down Ocram (I'm a while away though ATM, just on my way to take out Skeletron)? I'm guessing I should take him down after the mech bosses but before heading to the jungle, but I thought I'd check with you guys first.

(Also, for you console veterans, as a melee player would you recommend Turtle or Dragon armor? The wiki says they both have 65 defense, is it just a matter of what set bonus you prefer? Also curious which armor you'd recommend for the other two classes)

Last edited:
Ocram was honestly easier than Skeletron Prime for me on Console... This was in the 1.1 update, as well. Needless to say, Adamantite armor with Megashark and Crystal Bullets is good enough. Just need to mind that BS hitbox (tip: aim for the middle, the enemy sprite may rotate but the hitbox will stay around the same area.)

Anyways, I'd assume Ocram would be a lot easier now with 1.2 gear.

Ocram seems to be between Mechs and Plantera, as he's as simple as spray and pray with a megashark, at least that's how it was in 1.1. If you have all the 1.1 ores, then you could try to craft the Ocram armors, which are extremely good, enough for you to completely skip the chlorophyte tier.

Beat Ocram before Plantera as Ocram is easier than Plantera by a smidge and the Armors from Ocram are better than post-plantera armors ( i.e Titan is better than Shroomite and Spectral and Dragon has better damage than Turtle and Spectre)

I killed him last, becouse its better to use the mechanical sumnon items to help plantera spawn, either way what i did is get the hallowed bars picaxe(how ever its called) and get chlorophyte and turtle shells, so there is the first armor, then farm the dungeon to get the ectoplasm for the next armor with live-steal.

Edit: so you are playing mobile but you ask console players, LoL isnt it harder to play on mobile?

I killed him last, becouse its better to use the mechanical sumnon items to help plantera spawn, either way what i did is get the hallowed bars picaxe(how ever its called) and get chlorophyte and turtle shells, so there is the first armor, then farm the dungeon to get the ectoplasm for the next armor with live-steal.

Edit: so you are playing mobile but you ask console players, LoL isnt it harder to play on mobile?
I'm playing console, no idea how I accidentally said I played mobile.

Ocram seems to be between Mechs and Plantera, as he's as simple as spray and pray with a megashark, at least that's how it was in 1.1. If you have all the 1.1 ores, then you could try to craft the Ocram armors, which are extremely good, enough for you to completely skip the chlorophyte tier.
His armors are objectively better than all other class armors in the game- however, he can be beat with just hallowed gear.

Ocram is best challenged right after you kill the mechs, with a suitable arena of course. But due to laziness, you need Adamantite in order to fight it (which is what his summoning item requires) and all three of the 1.1 HM ores available in order to craft its armor.

His armors are objectively better than all other class armors in the game- however, he can be beat with just hallowed gear.

Saying that the Ocram armor is objectively better than post Plantera armor is wrong. They serve different purposes, like how the 1.1 and 1.2 HM ore armor do:

Ocram Armor focuses on buffing existing stats, in the same vein as the 1.1 HM ore armor. All of them are straight up stat upgrades and tend to be better vs boss and event encounters.
Post Plantera Armor focuses on giving the player new abilities, in the same vein as the 1.2 HM ore armor. They all give the player new abilities, which tend to be overall better in normal enemy encounters as well as providing assistance in teams.
Turtle - Reflects damage you take onto the enemy, the enemy receiving damage equal to their Melee attack. With enough defense, this can allow the player to effectively ignore most enemies in the game. In teams, enemies target those wearing Turtle armor more.
Shroomite - Shroomite focuses on stealth, killing everything on sight quickly without taking much damage. Amazing in the HM Dungeon once you get a breather, especially when paired with the Stynger or Megashark, and you can easily remain like that for a while before a Paladin or casters show up. In teams, enemies target you less when in stealth mode.
Spectre - OP, seriously. That healing makes everything a breeze when played right.

Ocram is best challenged right after you kill the mechs, with a suitable arena of course. But due to laziness, you need Adamantite in order to fight it (which is what his summoning item requires) and all three of the 1.1 HM ores available in order to craft its armor.

Saying that the Ocram armor is objectively better than post Plantera armor is wrong. They serve different purposes, like how the 1.1 and 1.2 HM ore armor do:

Ocram Armor focuses on buffing existing stats, in the same vein as the 1.1 HM ore armor. All of them are straight up stat upgrades and tend to be better vs boss and event encounters.
Post Plantera Armor focuses on giving the player new abilities, in the same vein as the 1.2 HM ore armor. They all give the player new abilities, which tend to be overall better in normal enemy encounters as well as providing assistance in teams.
Turtle - Reflects damage you take onto the enemy, the enemy receiving damage equal to their Melee attack. With enough defense, this can allow the player to effectively ignore most enemies in the game. In teams, enemies target those wearing Turtle armor more.
Shroomite - Shroomite focuses on stealth, killing everything on sight quickly without taking much damage. Amazing in the HM Dungeon once you get a breather, especially when paired with the Stynger or Megashark, and you can easily remain like that for a while before a Paladin or casters show up. In teams, enemies target you less when in stealth mode.
Spectre - OP, seriously. That healing makes everything a breeze when played right.

So, I've already fully beat the PC edition (Moon/Fishron tier gear, max reforges, beat all the bosses, etc.) and I'm wondering when, in the console version, should I take down Ocram (I'm a while away though ATM, just on my way to take out Skeletron)? I'm guessing I should take him down after the mech bosses but before heading to the jungle, but I thought I'd check with you guys first.

(Also, for you console veterans, as a melee player would you recommend Turtle or Dragon armor? The wiki says they both have 65 defense, is it just a matter of what set bonus you prefer? Also curious which armor you'd recommend for the other two classes)
W

I recommend when you've got turtle armor and at least a True Night's Edge. What can also really help is Vampire Knives.
Ocram was really easy (I had a Megashark and Ichor Bullets and I don't have a specific class) until his second form. That's when I started taking the real damage. But it's fine if you have the Vamp Knives. I just healed and kept shooting. The drops really aren't even that good.
Dragon armor is made with Souls of Blight, which drop from Ocram, so you can't get it pre-Ocram. Hope this helped.

To be honest I would fight Ocram once you defeated all mech bosses, or before all mech bosses. Preferably after, but it's you're choice.
The Twins were harder then Ocram for me, so I guess he's easy?
But I had end-game gear when I killed him
[doublepost=1512246240,1512246189][/doublepost]
I recommend you fight him soon, as console 1.3 will remove him entirely. We're coming up on our last chance to get his items.
His message is for Xbox 360, which won't remove Ocram.

Shroomite gear, chain gun/tatical shotgun/megashark, and lots of clyoriphyte bullets.
as a side note, make some solid block walls to take cover in when he launches his demon sycthe/laser attack, because it 1) they can't go through blocks, and 2)they cover a whole lot of area and can do massive damage if you aren't careful

Shroomite gear, chain gun/tatical shotgun/megashark, and lots of clyoriphyte bullets.
as a side note, make some solid block walls to take cover in when he launches his demon sycthe/laser attack, because it 1) they can't go through blocks, and 2)they cover a whole lot of area and can do massive damage if you aren't careful
No don't use that use vampire knives
Edit: If you are melee which I'm pretty sure the OP creator was because they wanted to know if dragon armor was good

Back
Top Bottom