When to introduce second world evil

Thirteen1355

Terrarian
This looks to be a busy start for me regarding writing threads here.

During my playthrough, me and my friend plan to introduce the Crimson to our Corruption-infested world. We are wondering when we should do this, though. Is it better to do this before, or after Hardmode's entrance?

I would do that after hardmode's entrance, since HM corruption enemies are annoying as is, unless of course you want to deal with herplings and Ichor stickers with PHM gear

Wouldn't that only be a better reason to do it before Hardmode's introduction? Since fighting the Brain of Cthulhu might be a lot easier without having to deal with Hardmode Crimson stuff.

Hm. A few thoughts.

1) In Prehardmode, the Crimson will be about as easy as the Corruption with the level of gear you're limited to. It will be like a natural introduction to the new evil in the world.
2) After the Wall of Flesh is defeated, Evil spreads more quickly until Plantera is defeated, I believe, so you'll get more spread. So this is a "fast-track" system, more or less.
3) By the time you're more heavily geared up after Plantera, you won't be as challenged by the Crimson's Hard Mode enemies, so it's slightly more gathering/building friendly.

Doing it before Hardmode requires bringing in stuff from another world. In Hardmode you can do it "legally". I converted one of my Corruption areas to Crimson that way -- having previously isolated the whole area, I cleaned out a section with the Clentaminator, laid down some grass, and bought Crimson seeds. Then I sectioned the larger area off piece by piece, purifying it and swapping in scattered blocks of crimstone to convert each section. I did have to extend that downwards to the Cavern level before I started getting Ichor Stickers.

I don't mind having to go to another world to get Crimson (might be a good opportunity to try the For the Worthy seed), though I also would like to convert my leftside Corruption area to Crimson. I wonder how quick that will go without the Clentaminator, though.

I don't mind having to go to another world to get Crimson (might be a good opportunity to try the For the Worthy seed), though I also would like to convert my leftside Corruption area to Crimson. I wonder how quick that will go without the Clentaminator, though.

Not very quickly. I did convert an early section by using Thrown Water, but the problem is the short range. Even with the Clenaminator, I'm still turning up little bits of Corruption where I missed a block and it spread to meet the Crimson. On the other hand, Thrown Water was great for spreading the Crimson after a Clentaminator pass to purify the Corruption.

Hmm, that's interesting. Before Hardmode, I don't think you have access to Clentaminator, though. I was thinking of just replacing the Ebonstone with Crimstone upon having the Nightmare Pickaxe, together with Purify Powder. I'd need to change just enough so that the biome converts to Crimson-themed.

Sometimes, I wonder if it would have been better to just go with Drunk Seed, even though this is the first time I play Terraria...

Enemies like the ichor sticker and floaty gross only appear in the underground crimson in hardmode.

For the worthy does not have both world evils, it's the 05162020 seed that does.

If your having trouble with crimson seeds, just make an area, or mine the grass out, then place the crimson seed so it can spread itself.

No, you can do it legally before HM:
1. Place down a row of 100 Dirt Blocks
2. Make a Graveyard and get the Dryad to move in
3. Buy a ton (and I mean a ton) of Crimson Seeds and Grass Seeds from her
4. Plant Grass Seeds from the Dryad on each Dirt Block
5. Plant Crimson Seeds on each Dirt Block (Crimson Seeds don't work on plain dirt, only purified grass)
6. Make more rows of Crimson Grass above the first, leaving a 1-block gap between each row
7. Build an arena on top for BoC
8. Get a Bloody Spine and kill BoC
9. Craft the Crimson Armour (best pre-hardmode armour) and equip the Brain of Confusion (if in expert)
10. Profit!

And once you get to hardmode I recommend doing this:
1. Pick some Vicious Mushrooms from the artificial Crimson
2. Craft them into lots of Vicious Powder
3. Find a large cave deep underground
4. Crimson it with the powder
5. Kill Ichor Stickers
6. Craft the Golden Shower
7. Profit!

No, you can do it legally before HM:
1. Place down a row of 100 Dirt Blocks
2. Make a Graveyard and get the Dryad to move in
3. Buy a ton (and I mean a ton) of Crimson Seeds and Grass Seeds from her
4. Plant Grass Seeds from the Dryad on each Dirt Block
5. Plant Crimson Seeds on each Dirt Block (Crimson Seeds don't work on plain dirt, only purified grass)
6. Make more rows of Crimson Grass above the first, leaving a 1-block gap between each row
7. Build an arena on top for BoC
8. Get a Bloody Spine and kill BoC
9. Craft the Crimson Armour (best pre-hardmode armour) and equip the Brain of Confusion (if in expert)
10. Profit!

And once you get to hardmode I recommend doing this:
1. Pick some Vicious Mushrooms from the artificial Crimson
2. Craft them into lots of Vicious Powder
3. Find a large cave deep underground
4. Crimson it with the powder
5. Kill Ichor Stickers
6. Craft the Golden Shower
7. Profit!

The drayd doesn't sell oppoite evil seeds until hardmode...

Yeah, Crimson Seeds in the Graveyard is HM. I wish that weren't the case. By that time, fighting Brain of Cthulhu will probably feel incredibly easy and unnatural.

Pigman, I can surely use the rest of your instructions though!

Yeah, Crimson Seeds in the Graveyard is HM. I wish that weren't the case. By that time, fighting Brain of Cthulhu will probably feel incredibly easy and unnatural.

Pigman, I can surely use the rest of your instructions though!
You can still fight BoC in Hardmode, and then add the Brain of Confusion (one of the best accessories in the game, even in Hardmode) to your arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom