Console Whenever I go Underground, the game crashes..

taylorjoseph19000

Steampunker
This started like sometime last week..I built a Hellevator inside my treasure storage in my house, & turned it into the Crisom Underground. Later that day, I left the game & rejoined. Then when I went down my custom Underground Crisom, my game crashed. So I ignored it crashing. So I went in it again, boom, it crashed..so I tell my friend that my Underground Crisom is like a instant crash machine. So I went around my custom Hellevator this time & went to the Underground Hallow & guess what, it crashed! So today, I planned on killing some Corruption mobs while I get the Underground Corrpution song box for my Biome TreeHouse(My house which is literally a bunch a biomes combined) to place on the Corruption biome of my house & IT CRASHED! I started getting concerned..I think maybe I am crashing because my house grows larger & larger every day. Which it probably takes up 10% of the Overworld. Like I swear, this started happening AFTER I added the Crisom Biome to my house. I am even planning on making a new world if this continues. Or I might just have to destroy my house which took like 1 month to get it at the state it is at now & still is growing because I need to add Mushroom & Hallow Biomes to my house...but yeah, I hope this gets fixed soon because I do not want to have to move to a new world! I love my house! `:(

It's probably an issue with the biome conversion. Try deleting the game files and reinstalling Terraria. Back up your saves of course.

I am having the same issue. I have a world ive been working on since the 1.2 (PS3) content update and for months now its been fine but yesterday when i tried to descend down to the underworld the game froze. Ive tried many times and by various methods to descend but i never get farther than about the underground layer. Oddly enough, the only way i can do it is through the underground jungle biome...as long as i stay in the underground jungle the game doesnt freeze and i can get to the underworld from there...but if i try to leave the underworld anywhere besides the underground jungle, or if i try to leave the underground jungle anywhere but the underworld or the surface, the game freezes. Very disheartening as ive put many many hours into crafting this particular world... I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but no luck...Ive tried using a different character and multiplayer and everything else I can think of...same result...

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem, everytime I reach a certain point around my house, my screen freezes everytime. I have the normal biome, Hallow, Jungle (To increase the spawn rate) and Mushroom (For a Truffle Farm) biome around my house if that can help fix the problem. Maybe because there's way to many biome-_-

I'm having the same problem. I'm playing on the latest PS3 version and it freezes when I go under a certen depth.

I'm having the same problem. I'm playing on the latest PS3 version and it freezes when I go under a certen depth.
Hi there @The Pokemaniac, have you tried what Nike mentioned above? Backing up your character and world files, and then deleting and reinstalling the game files. Is it a specific depth no matter what biome you're in, or is it around a certain biome? Maybe try descending via a different route.

Beyond that, the PS3 version will not receive any further updates, it may be something that cannot be fixed, but hopefully you can find a workaround.

Back
Top Bottom