Casual Where are you from?

I'm from Scotland, but I live in England. xD

- Oh, I gotta write about my country? OK, ...

I live in the United Kingdom, which is separated into England, Scotland, and Wales - Ireland is separate, I believe - Geology isn't my forté.

I can tell you what I do know about my country, or rather, my "kingdom": back in the Anglo-Saxon days, the Danes--who, back then, were the vikings--almost conquered us all; they reached the south-west of England before Kind Alfred the Great, a great strategist and warrior, managed to thwart them all, by some sort of miracle. If I remember correctly, he fled to a small town in which he found many soldiers, although still too few, but, they went for it anyway, and managed to defeat the Danes; honestly, it seems far-fetched to me, but I like a good hero story. :p

After some time, King Alfred signed a trade treaty with the Danes. The trade route almost went through between Scotland and England. Over quite a bit of time, the cultures mixed. Old-English and Old Norse (I think that's the name) merged, which is why we have the language we do, today!

Scotland's true native language isn't English, it's "Scottish Gaelic", which I sadly don't speak. Scotland's national symbol is the thistle, which, to be honest, says it all! Looks nice, but you don't wanna mess with it, because it bloody hurts, am I right? xD Damn thistles. >.<

I don't know anything about Wales, sadly. xD

Last edited:
Where are all the Argentinians? Anyways, i'm from Buenos Aires, :red:ty people, :red:ty city, but pizza, lots of pizza, and meat, lots of it too. Also Football.
And TANGO!

Im From Estonia
You Probably Never Heard Of It
Now let me read some random stuff people said about Estonia
"Bootiful Women"
"Cheap Drinks"
"Everyone Is A :red:"

Back
Top Bottom