Where do you stand on Nurse Healing you mid fight?

Nurse Healing mid fight?

• Total voters

[Peppe]

Terrarian
I just did a play-through to for once avoid all the cheesy tactics all the way through to moonlord and this was one I debated. I ended up not using her and feel good about the run. It's obviously everyone's personal preference how they play a single player game and what makes them happy/enjoy it.

Nurse is hard to resist at the start of hardmode when you get a random mech boss spawn, but I took my deaths mostly gracefully until I made an arena/geared up.

I guess side question to you use Dryad or even all the NPCs to help on the bosses? I know other than the nurse most die in one pass... curious if anyone likes to use the hoiks? hammered blocks to push NPCs around to have them all gather to a spot to damage maybe an early Eye of Cthulu?

To be honest, I think using the Nurse in a boss fight is kinda... cheap? Cheesy?

They gave us Potion Cooldowns for a reason. We were obviously not meant to be able to heal as much as we want at a whim.

I think that if you can just go to the Nurse during a boss fight like that... then we might as well just remove the potion cooldown so I can bring 300 potions to a boss fight and chug em. I mean surely farming up the materials for all of those potions is more work than spending 10 seconds to click the Nurse to heal?

As far as using NPCs for things like the EoC... I suppose one could do that? But the EoC is easy enough as it is... I don't really see why one would actually need help with it lol. Unless maybe Expert, but if you're doing Expert... the NPCs wouldn't last long anyways.

I'm playing Expert Mode, and the key is to not hold back IMPO. Play to win, and use all the tools at your disposal- potions, buffs, imbuing station, sharpening station, and perhaps even NPCs. Use the Nurse and Dryad if you can. Expert Mode EoC is no joke for early game. If you're not careful, your NPCs can die anyhow, which adds another level of strategy. But the Nurse saved my posterior in at least two pre Hardmode fights so far.

To be honest, I think using the Nurse in a boss fight is kinda... cheap? Cheesy?

They gave us Potion Cooldowns for a reason. We were obviously not meant to be able to heal as much as we want at a whim.

I think that if you can just go to the Nurse during a boss fight like that... then we might as well just remove the potion cooldown so I can bring 300 potions to a boss fight and chug em. I mean surely farming up the materials for all of those potions is more work than spending 10 seconds to click the Nurse to heal?

As far as using NPCs for things like the EoC... I suppose one could do that? But the EoC is easy enough as it is... I don't really see why one would actually need help with it lol. Unless maybe Expert, but if you're doing Expert... the NPCs wouldn't last long anyways.
Well having to go out of your way to stop fighting while a few hits away from death to go talk to someone in a house isn't as easy as it can sometimes sound

I didn't know that the nurse could heal you when I first started terraria and I managed to beat all the bosses (And die about 50 times in the process) without using her :D

I'm playing Expert Mode, and the key is to not hold back IMPO. Play to win, and use all the tools at your disposal- potions, buffs, imbuing station, sharpening station, and perhaps even NPCs. Use the Nurse and Dryad if you can. Expert Mode EoC is no joke for early game. If you're not careful, your NPCs can die anyhow, which adds another level of strategy. But the Nurse saved my posterior in at least two pre Hardmode fights so far.

Played through as a mage on expert without using the nurse in boss fights/events. I was just curious how many people make her part of their strategy... like move her room around make her accessible for mid fight tp/replenish.

I almost broke for Moon Lord too, but then got rod of discord and it was fairly easy.

I don't know what you are talking about. I exiled my nurse to the tundra because I don't feel like she deserves to be a part of the compound. She does not offer anything. She does not sell healing items or potions. She is generally useless. So :red:ing what if someone put the nurse on their arena. That's actually a good idea and it seems the only use she actually has in the entire game. You aren't going to come back to base and pay her to heal you (unless you are allergic to money). You are going to sit there and regen or throw back a potion from your massive potion stores or make a regen station with lanterns, fires, and honey.

PS. I hope the inability to recover in a bed is not linked to the nurse.

I put my nurse in the spawn-point like most people do. I don't use her frequently (usually early-game), especially in boss battles. I used her a few times during a boss battle, when defeating a specific boss was a pain. Still, a strong enough enemy can kill the nurse.

I'm glad the nurse finally got a use. I have never ever used her with any boss (the bosses would despawn anyway) or any invasion, until the Moon Lord.

I use her in emergencies. I can usually take down the Moon Lord without her help (although in expert I usually do need her help), but I do lose my concentration sometimes, thus receiving too much damage. I'm not going to let him kill me and have 15 minutes of pillar destroying go to waste just because some people think using the nurse is 'cheesing'.

I'm getting a bit annoyed with all this mentioning of cheesing. Glitches/bugs aside, if there's a useful tool around, don't regard it as a cheesing method, but regard it as a useful tool. The nurse is not an npc who's handing out fresh towels after you take a shower. She's there to heal you and for once her ability is actually useful out in the field. So use her.

Anyway, she finally deserves to live in her expensive apartment. Nice going, nurse. :nursecool:

Side answer: Nope, I never intentionally use the other npc's during fights, although on my home map the dryad lives right above me so I have some benefit from her protection spell during blood moons and eclipses.

Emergency healing seems to me like the Nurse's intended use. I kept her in my main base for most of the game, as if I got catastrophically low on HP I could just warp back to spawn in order to regain HP and remove debuffs.

She got her own little hut at the bottom of a massive arena I built to fight the Moon Lord when I reached that point in the game. Frantically scrambling for the Nurse actually turned out to be more of a gamble than a benefit, as both the Nurse and I died multiple times in her housing space. She did end up helping me win twice, though, and I can say without hesitation that using her to heal felt more "necessary" than "cheesy" until I was able to better understand how the fight worked.

I'm able to win against Moon Lord without using the Nurse now (Nebula armor is amazing!), but I completely understand those that want to fall back on her healing for any purpose. Expert Mode especially isn't exactly a cakewalk.

In all my time of playing, I've actually never used the Nurse. That might change In Expert mode, considering I have barely started it, but to get the achievement with her I'll just stand on a wooden spike in front of her with autopause off. Problem solved.

Never used the Nurse in normal mode; never had the need to. But Expert Mode...

I seriously underestimated the end of the second stage of the EoC. Needed the nurse a dozen times or something just to shave off the last 100 HP lol.

(Note: New character - I had yoyo / boomerang weapons, double jump, potions, an arena and running boots. I think I was as prepared as I could be at the time.)

Really, if people want to use the Nurse, that's their choice. I don't think it's cheap.

Back
Top Bottom