Where is character image stored?

Grandpa-G

Terrarian
I probably should know this, but...

When a game player starts on the client side, A menu will come up to Select a player. If you have multiple players, you might get a list that looks like:

index.php

Where is the image for Derpy stored and how did it get made? I know how to make a new player, but I don't see any options that would generate a character that looks like Derpy. Can someone point me in the right direction?

There's no image stored anywhere. The game just reads the character files and displays the characters accordingly.
You can always make a screenshot ofcourse.
I dunno what you mean with the rest you said.

There's no image stored anywhere. The game just reads the character files and displays the characters accordingly.
You can always make a screenshot ofcourse.
I dunno what you mean with the rest you said.
That is helpful but I am trying to figure where the game reads the character file from? Is it just embedded in the .plr file? My ultimate goal is to have an offline program I write to be able to read the image of the character and use it elsewhere.

That is helpful but I am trying to figure where the game reads the character file from?
What do you mean with character file? The actual character file or the image? I'm sure you know where the character files are stored. My documents\Terraria or something.
Like I said, there's no image, the game just reads the player files, sees what kind of stuff you're wearing and creates an 'image' on the spot.

I know how to get the hair color, shirt color... for the character but I don't see how to figure out which player images to use. Is there a value in the .plr file that relates to the player body to the images in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\Images folder?

Or wait and use the upcoming echo monolith and echo coating. It’s only 5 days away. You could then just make a white background with walls and echo “remove” everything else.

Back
Top Bottom