Mac Where is Martian Madness?

leelustig

Terrarian
Hey everyone. So I've had Terraria 1.3 for Mac since it was first released. I've played around 102 hours in my single world, have beaten Golem more times than I can remember, and I have yet to see a single Martian probe enter my play space. I even built a secondary house in space so I can spend more time up there. Still nothing. I've even beaten Moon Lord close to 10 times by now.

Is there anything that could possibly prevent Martian Madness from taking place? I've even started another world, killed golem and still nothing. What's the deal?

Is there anything that could possibly prevent Martian Madness from taking place?
I think you mean the opposite. :)
That is, you want to cause a Martian Madness event, not prevent it.

Edit: I misread your post. Apologies. The things that could possibly prevent a Probe spawning is another active invasion event or an active boss fight.

Defeating Golem is the first pre-requisite for the event, so that is fine. While in space, stand near a Water Candle. That will improve the chances of a Probe spawning (I believe there may even be special code for Probes and Water Candles). Also make sure you're in the outer parts of the world. Probes don't spawn in the centre of the world. Generally speaking, if you can see a Goblin Scout on the ground, you're probably far enough outside the centre for Probes to spawn. When the Probe spawns, it first needs to 'spot' you (it'll turn red when it does) and fly off. Make sure any minions you have summoned don't destroy it before it disappears and the "Martians are invading!" message displays.

Good luck! Hope that helps and you get a Probe soon.

Edit: I misread your post. Apologies. The things that could possibly prevent a Probe spawning is another active invasion event or an active boss fight.

Defeating Golem is the first pre-requisite for the event, so that is fine. While in space, stand near a Water Candle. That will improve the chances of a Probe spawning (I believe there may even be special code for Probes and Water Candles). Also make sure you're in the outer parts of the world. Probes don't spawn in the centre of the world. Generally speaking, if you can see a Goblin Scout on the ground, you're probably far enough outside the centre for Probes to spawn. When the Probe spawns, it first needs to 'spot' you (it'll turn red when it does) and fly off. Make sure any minions you have summoned don't destroy it before it disappears and the "Martians are invading!" message displays.

Thank you very much for the advice. Didn't know they appear more frequently in the outer parts of the world. I'll keep you posted on what happens...

And....it worked! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom