NPCs & Enemies Where is the "Were" in "Werewolf"?

TheWizard332

Terrarian
Okay,guys. The werewolf is just a hardmode zombie that everyone hates. "UGH, here comes another werewolf." they say. I've decided to change that.
During the daytime, werewolves can be found wandering the forests in which they hunt at night. They look like humans in tattered clothes, sometimes holding a stick or a weapon.
You can talk to them during this time. They can do a few things... not as much as a normal NPC can though.
There's a limit of one per world, so we don't have a Werewolf Invasion (yet).

Things they sell:
Silver Moon- 50 gold- applies Full Moon buff at all times during night. I'll explain that later.

Wolf Claws- 20 gold- like a bladed glove but with higher damage, lower speed and no knockback..

Werewolf Tooth-5 gold- summons pet werewolf.

Werewolf vanity set is available from Clothier while one is in the world.

Only one of these is available at a time. The rarest one to be sold is the Claws, as they could be considered the best.

The Full Moon buff increases your speed, damage, and jump height. However it severely lowers your defense. It also decreases mana (while the buff is on).
He isn't really a town npc, he would be more accurately compared to the Old Man. Npcs may be a little "upset" in their quotes when one is around. I'm not sure what the quotes will be though. Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
They can do a variety of things...
Selling 4 items is variety?
Let's evaluate all sold item from these guys eh?

Silver Moon: Stats pls. Also UP
Wolf Claws: Super OP. The Bladed glove is only available during Halloween season, and is still quite rare. This is a more common DIRECT UPGRADE.
Werewolf Tooth: that's extremely cheap for a pet. take a look at NPC pets and then come back pls
Werewolf vanity: Cost pls. And judging with how many "Tattered Humans" there would be roaming the landscape, it would be available almost all the time.

Selling 4 items is variety?
Let's evaluate all sold item from these guys eh?

Silver Moon: Stats pls. Also UP
Wolf Claws: Super OP. The Bladed glove is only available during Halloween season, and is still quite rare. This is a more common DIRECT UPGRADE.
Werewolf Tooth: that's extremely cheap for a pet. take a look at NPC pets and then come back pls
Werewolf vanity: Cost pls. And judging with how many "Tattered Humans" there would be roaming the landscape, it would be available almost all the time.

The bladed glove can be easily obtained by setting the date on your PC and farming King slime. I got 2 in 15 minutes.

The werewolf tooth already exists, basically, if you are to lazy to find it you can just buy it.

Maybe there should only be one, and it has a CHANCE of spawning?? You know maybe to balance it out werewolves have decreased spawnage also.
I haven't figured out some things yet, hence "WIP".

The werewolf tooth already exists, basically, if you are to lazy to find it you can just buy it.
That is console exclusive, also the name of the item is Wolf Fang. If you are making this as such, you should tag this console as well. Generally you should suggest items accessible to both console(mobile falls under this) and PC for wider acceptance. Nothing wrong with making it console only though.

Maybe there should only be one, and it has a CHANCE of spawning?? You know maybe to balance it out werewolves have decreased spawnage also.
I fail to see why Werewolves in the night should have reduced spawn just because you're adding an NPC in the day. They already appear only once every 15 Terraria days(6 hours) for only a nine minutes duration.

Still needs more stats and details. Very lacking, I fear.

The Werewolf tooth thing already exists in the console version, as it's been pointed out.

Also, werewolves only appear during a full moon. This contradicts that.

this sounds like a nice idea, though some of the things people have suggested and said should be taken into considertion

Back
Top Bottom