Where should i start?

Zargaboss

Terrarian
Hey there everyone.

I suppose i should be searching for a guide, but i really dont like following directions that are pretty much set by someone else :p, i like to do my own path with my own decisions.

With that being said tough, my 1st Terraria playthrough is being done on Expert and i have just realized that enemies here kill you very easily and quickly.

I have been searching for quality ores like Gold and Platinum, quite deep onto the earth already, and my copper tools arent helping me much :d.

Any suggestions on what i should do or get since im pretty much starting out? Thank you.

My house is like this for now:

upload_2017-7-16_1-42-53.png

You really should not start out on your first playthrough with Expert. It is extremely difficult, even for somebody who has played the game many times. I'd recommend that you go into a normal world, then save this expert world for later.

I'd make suggestions like, "Use stone brick instead of stone for your house," as later you might have to deal with crimson/corruption (or Hallow) creeping near the house, and stone can be converted (but stone bricks cannot); crimson and corruption are basically anti-friendly, XD.

I do echo the suggestion to not play on Expert; mobs have twice the hp and hit twice as hard at minimum, so it is very anti-staying alive. Bosses also get extra AI, which may include new attack options.

Try going for Tungsten/Silver, they're everywhere underground and even more in the Jungle. The jungle has some pretty nice loot, but the enemies are not easy (kinda like a high risk for great reward scenario).

Try going for Tungsten/Silver, they're everywhere underground and even more in the Jungle. The jungle has some pretty nice loot, but the enemies are not easy (kinda like a high risk for great reward scenario).

I usually find a lot of jars on the jungle and occasionally some chests, on my Expert world the most i have gotten was a few ores of lead :p.

But as everyone said above, i will try to play on normal difficulty on a small world 1st and then progress onto a larger world, until i can finally start on the highest difficulty.

I usually find a lot of jars on the jungle and occasionally some chests, on my Expert world the most i have gotten was a few ores of lead :p.

But as everyone said above, i will try to play on normal difficulty on a small world 1st and then progress onto a larger world, until i can finally start on the highest difficulty.
Larger world does not necessarily mean harder world. I imagine you've already started your small world, but most of the time, having a larger world is better, as there's more resources to get, more likelihoods of getting rare structures, etc. I'm not saying you should restart, as a small world is completely fine, but I'm just making a clarification.

Back
Top Bottom