Mobile Where to find 'purple slime' in mobile Terraria?

Sirine

Terrarian
Are world size matter? Biome? Dept level?
Seems that I have encounter a few pinky rather than this 'ultra rare purple slime'.
Help! Thanks.!:dryadpassionate:

You should find the purple slimes above ground in the forest. Don't head down, just go left and right on top. World size shouldn't matter as they'll show up in either, but I'd suggest making an Expanded World so you've got more forest to go back and forth. Good luck hunting.

I have tested map center of forest.
1/3 edge of the map.
surface + underground of both
with water candle + battle potions....

Kill planty of King Slime and Pinky Slime. Beside Red Slime, Yellow Slime, Toxin Slime, Green Slime, Blue Slime.

Many mimic, but there are still no Purple Slime.

After 30mins.:----
http://terraria.arcenserv.info/wiki/Purple_Slime
This japanese website suggested the slime appear as like the King Slimes (1/3 edge of the map) and in Forest environment....

So, I have to make a forest at the edge of the map?

Last edited:
I've been keeping my eye out for any purple slimes since posting here, and I'm not seeing them either. Haven't gotten one in the middle of the map forest nor in the 1/3 edge of the map forest. I'm not sure they're in, but then again I'm not sure they're not in either.

If I do see one I'll let you know.

I've been keeping my eye out for any purple slimes since posting here, and I'm not seeing them either. Haven't gotten one in the middle of the map forest nor in the 1/3 edge of the map forest. I'm not sure they're in, but then again I'm not sure they're not in either.

If I do see one I'll let you know.

I have just go to GitHub to get the source code for the ver 1.2.4. (PC version)

It seems that.. "NPC.cs" (line 37224)

if (Main.rand.Next(10) == 0 && num47 > 400)
{
Main.npc[num31].SetDefaults("Purple Slime");
}

The && (and) could be mistaken from || (or)?

Making it nearly impossible to get condition meet to spawn the Purple Slime?

For what I understand, it means,
Random number from 0 to 9, if then number generated are 0, AND,
something (num47) more than 400 it will assign the Purple Slime to spawn.

The condition for other slime.
Surface:-
Green Slime - if (Main.rand.Next(3) == 0 || num47 < 200)
Blue Slime - if (Main.rand.Next(2) == 0)

Underground:-
Red Slime - if NOT (Main.rand.Next(2) == 0)
Yellow Slime - if (Main.rand.Next(5) == 0)

Currently I have no ideal what num47 means. It could be depth of the map? or left/right side of the map? or something else...

Updates:---

if (num47 > Main.maxTilesX / 3 && (Main.rand.Next(15) == 0 || (!NPC.downedGoblins && WorldGen.shadowOrbSmashed && Main.rand.Next(7) == 0))) {
num31 = NPC.NewNPC(num * 16 + 8, num2 * 16, "Goblin Scout", 0);
}

Goblin Scout = type 73

So, num47 is world map "X" location left/right.
Means it must be more than 400 (tiles?) left/right surface of player initial center spawn location for the 'Purple Slime' to spawn?

or

400 (tiles) from the edge of the map?

Last edited:
Did you find any purple slimes?

I have built an artificial forest above the ocean, to grind for the purples, but no luck yet.

Did you find any purple slimes?

I have built an artificial forest above the ocean, to grind for the purples, but no luck yet.

None. I give up already.

Submitted tickets for support, both stated acknowledge the problem, then not hearing from them since.

None. I give up already.

Submitted tickets for support, both stated acknowledge the problem, then not hearing from them since.
That's great that you heard back with them acknowledging the problem. You let them know that you're not finding any purple slimes and they can now look into it.

I wouldn't think that you would continue to hear from them though. What could they possibly continue with? They can't keep every single person updated on what's happening. :D

Again, I wouldn't expect that they will keep you updated personally on the progress whether purple slimes will or will not be added. Sirine mentioned getting an initial response acknowledging the support ticket. I would think that's all there would be.

Back
Top Bottom