Where you come in.

Was this story interesting?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did you even think of this on your own? It's Amazing!

• This is good. For you (ha ha!)

• Total voters

pajrc

Official Terrarian
I would say this story is... somewhat short. It is about where you fit into the World, the Corruption/Crimson and the Jungle. For the short reason, I'm not using chapters, I'll just make one spoiler for length purposes.

Anyway....
When you visit the world, you either find a dark, purple area or a black and red area. The purple area is what we call the Corruption. It spawns in at the start of the world in hopes to find the Jungle, which is also in the map.

The red area, well.... It is similar. It seems to spawn in worlds that don't contain Corruption, but it has the same goal of finding the Jungle and destroying it. It seems to spread by digging a cave, then going out into tunnels to make more blocks of its type. This is the Crimson.

Why are these mysterious infections looking for the jungle? Well, there is one plant that holds the key to a impenetrable temple that they want to get in. Her name is Plantera, and she doesn't come in a world. She must be unlocked by defeating three mechanical menaces, which we'll get to later.

Anyway, you leap down into this world, which happens to have Crimson, with your trusty Copper Shortsword. There is this man who appears to tell you many things. We'll call him the Guide. He helps you get gear, defeat three menaces, one of which is the formidable Skeletron, the creepy Eye of Cthulhu, and it's controller, the Brain of Cthulhu. The Brain is special, as is only appears on Crimson worlds. The eye? No. Despite having similar names, they are completely independent creatures.

Skeletron is also weird in pretty much possessing people. He curses this Old Man, who looks like his clothes are self-made. The Old Man stands at the Dungeon, which contains many treasures. If Skeletron is not killed after summoning him THROUGH the old man, a Dungeon Guardian comes out of nowhere if entering the dungeon.

The dungeon can block corruption/crimson spread, but it is far away from the jungle. If someone had the willpower to move it..... That's not what this is about, no one has that willpower, am I right?

You ask the Guide what to do next, and he says something about a living sacrifice. He also says that he likes walls (which is strange, might I add, because no one focuses on walls and their benefits.) He also says that he wants to defeat the corruption and save the Jungle.

You dig farther down than you wanted to be, and you find the underworld. Demons fly by you, Imps shoot fireballs and bats just annoy you (like usual). A demon seems to have the Guide hanging from his claws. It looks smaller,though, not nearly your own size. You decide that you don't need it, and drop it into the plentiful amount of lava.

"The Wall of Flesh has awoken!"
"So this is what the Guide meant by he likes walls," You think out loud.
You fight for a long time, killing the monsters that prevent you from defeating the wall and launching your final shot from your Space Gun-Not that it gets destroyed, but you won't need it anymore. You can get better weapons after this final shot.

"The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released." You heard, seemingly the Guide's last words, as you propose the theory that he was the wall all along, with the doll representing him and the fact that he wants to purify the world.

I'm just gonna tell you that you're right. He hated the Crimson, full of Crimera, blood, everything horrible. Even worse, it destroyed the Jungle and ruined the Purity. He was the one who prevented it from spreading, and now that he is DEAD, the crimson thrives. Therefore, you are the Crimson because you just killed its bane.

The "light" part of the releasing was the World protecting the Jungle. This new area, which is known as the opposite of the Crimson, is the Hallow. This new area is full of very insanely hard creatures, and spreads in a similar way to the other two biomes, except that it cannot go past the others, and cannot be taken over by them. It also can not take over the jungle, as it has no motive. You can easily protect the jungle by spreading Hallow between the Crimson and the Jungle, so you do. You decide you want to take on Plantera without the Crimson's help.

After gathering materials from light and dark, you make these weird mechanical playthings. You see that they look similar to the mechanical bosses that you were told about, and you use them at night. First was a worm. It came out of nowhere, had many weird laser-shooting orbs that gave health boosts. At its defeat, you gain something that seems to be enchanted with the Hallow's power. You also get souls that make you strong. You decide to hold off, as you may need strength later.

Next was basically two Eyes of Cthulhu. One shot lasers at you, and the other annoyed you with Cursed Flames every two seconds. As they reach below half health, they get stronger and faster. You get more Hallowed Bars at their defeat, with souls that moved around just to look at everything. You render them useless. You figure out that you can make an amazing summoning weapon, that summons both of the eyes, doing what the real ones did.

You see that you only have one mechanical creature to defeat, and predict that it will be the hardest. You are right. You need to use the Strength souls to make an incredibly fast gun, the Searching souls to summon a fairy to provide you with light, and the Hallowed Bars to make armor and weapons.

Your final machine is.... Skeletron. With four arms. One charges at you, one blocks your shots at the head, one shoots lasers at you and one launches BOMBS. Wow. You suffer defeat, and try again.
First, you get armor that allows you to burn it with freezing, which is the weirdest thing you've seen out of everything else. Then, you upgrade your minion count. Finally, you use a flask to inflict the same flames that one of the Eyes did to you. This kills the weirdo, leaving more bars and some souls that feared you and tried to run away.

You see your souls:
Strength/Might
Seeing/Sight
Scared/Fright

Of course! This will help you get amazing armor to defeat Plantera. You make a pickaxe out of the bars and souls. In the jungle, the pickaxe prevents you from mining certain blocks that you could get in trouble if you did. It looked for ways to mine certain ore and just charges through it. It used each soul to aid in the mining of a weird plant-ore thing. This made incredible armor, and you stuck a turtle shell on it to look cool. You accidentally summon Plantera then demolish her.

Your body starts to glow red, and you get the key! The power of the Crimson strongly flows into you. Since the Crimson has finished its job, turning a man into Crimson and obtaining the key, it decides to slow its spreading. You open the temple and bath in riches. Your destiny has taken place.

NOTE: Though this is post-1.3, this, i might ONLY MIGHT include the Moon Lord or Moon Events, as they are incredibly hard to fit in with the rest of the story.
NOTE 2: Some of this stuff does NOT actually happen in-game, meaning the glowing after Plantera and Souls Personality.

Last edited:
I didn't thought about the crimson and Corruption trying to reach the jungle to get to the lhizhard temple...I thought the crimson was an uncontrolled growth like a tumor or cancer, but now you got me thinking, if the crimson/corruption's have purpose and it's reaching the lhizhard temple I wonder what would happen if they do it?

I actually thought about it for a while, and decided that if they got there, they would find a way to convert Golem and his Lihzahrds, which would then help them take over the world.
A mysterious brain/an ugly worm has a lot of power, people!

Back
Top Bottom