Where you Hearthstoners at?

That moment when Sylvanas steals Boombot, opponent is at 4 health, boombot gets killed, and hits face for 4 damage.
10852904_870195436334342_1699079478_a.jpg

So Blizz has announced the new game mode: Tavern Brawl.

Basically you can challenge someone with special rules that change each week, the examples given being that you may use preset decks or have to make a deck with special rules applied. You can also have a tavern brawl with people on your friends list.

Plus, there is the ability to assign individual card backs to different decks, e.g. you could make a hunter deck and apply the black temple deck, whilst your control warrior deck could use the ragnaros card back, etc. Plus, you can assign the different heroes to different decks, with more alternate heroes to come, but nobody cares.

I've had a bit of a hiatus when it comes to Hearthstone, but I think this is good enough of a reason to come back and play for a bit.
Still no more deck slots ;_;

So endorsing Magni Moneybeard to a degree?
I can imagine all the gimmicks in Brawl mode, this could be interesting.

Mid-June..... So many things happening in June (1.3 and HS)
Let's just hope the new mode will be free, because I still need to unlock every BRM and Naxx wings.
Also, the new hunter will be Alleria Windrunner and the new mage will be Medivh.(Saw their card backs somewhere)

Mid-June..... So many things happening in June (1.3 and HS)
Let's just hope the new mode will be free, because I still need to unlock every BRM and Naxx wings.
Also, the new hunter will be Alleria Windrunner and the new mage will be Medivh.(Saw their card backs somewhere)

So, I've played all the Warcrafts and I've a huge WoW fan, so, why Medivh? Medivh is more of a warlock and Archmage Vargoth and Khadgar are more qualified, and well, he's dead unlike all the other heroes (well Garrosh is too now, but at the time of implementation..)

Brawl mode sounds awesome. To add to what zetta said, it will be free, unlike arena, which needs gold or money to play. A new game mode with varying rules could add a lot of replay value to the game.

Brawl mode sounds awesome. To add to what zetta said, it will be free, unlike arena, which needs gold or money to play. A new game mode with varying rules could add a lot of replay value to the game.
It might end botting to a degree, but I'm wondering classes are locked down or can pick classes? In which, I'm afraid of the <<face hunter>> consequences.
Other than that, seems fun!

I hope that the rules will be somewhat strict or game-changing, so that people can't just bash faces with some deck like mech mage.

I hope that the rules will be somewhat strict or game-changing, so that people can't just bash faces with some deck like mech mage.
Check Hearthpwn. They've add some news about Tarven Brawl. You can actually use some of the unfair boss card.

Alleria will be the new face of Huntard.

First week of Tavern Brawl has started. I tried it out a bit and it's quite fun. It's not something I'd play to get money or cards, but something I'd play just for fun.

Last edited:
First week of Tavern Brawl has started. I tried it out a bit and it's quite fun. It's not something I'd play to get money or cards, but something I'd play just for fun.
Problem with it is that Nefarian is so much more powerful than Ragnaros. I have never won as Rag, and every time I'm Nef I do win. I think that the win percentage that someone on Reddit found out was something like 25% for Rag, which is obviously horrible.

Problem with it is that Nefarian is so much more powerful than Ragnaros. I have never won as Rag, and every time I'm Nef I do win. I think that the win percentage that someone on Reddit found out was something like 25% for Rag, which is obviously horrible.
Yeah, rag feels a lot weaker for me too. I have won games with it too, though.

Rag's obviously weaker than Nefarian since he have that 5 free mana.
But if Nef has bad draw and get stupid spells, he lose.

Lol, I completely forgot about hearthstone. I stopped playing it when Grand Tournament came out. Every single deck was the same, it was either a pally secret deck of everything you do benefits me-ness or a murlock deck that unless you have 6 AoEs in your deck you don't even have a HOPE of beating or some other OP crap that I just couldn't get the cards to make. And I don't want to play a card game where a custom made deck isn't useful. The only decks used were all pulled from the internet because they were the best decks period. Nothing else could beat them. And I didn't want to make one myself because A. I couldn't get the correct cards EVER and I hate disenchanting my cards because with a card game I always feel like the object of the game is to, you know, collect cards. And disenchanting was very inefficient in that manner. and B. I didn't want to be just as uncreative as they are. The point of a card game is to strategize and make your own decks with whatever cards you happen to get. That and there were way way way way WAY too many cards that have drastically random effects and if I lost I almost never felt like it was because I played wrong but because I was simply unlucky that both of Dr. Booms bots did 4 damage to my hero when I had a full board and killed me.

The only enjoyment I get out of it anymore is the tavern brawl because it's mostly SO ridiculously random that I don't even care whether I win or lose. And I do enjoy the raids but I can't get enough gold to unlock them without playing the actual game which just enrages me like no other. And even if I do subject myself to the torture of trying to complete my quests I never can because if things even look somewhat bad everyone just surrenders and I can't actually deal damage to their hero for my deal damage to heros quest! And then I finally complete my quests after days upon days of torture because it takes 700 freaking gold to unlock the next phase of the raid, and I get about 30min to maybe at most 2 hours of fun gameplay trying to strategize the best deck to defeat the boss and it's heroic version. However, most of the bosses I can defeat with my warlock mech deck anyway, so, yeah. It's just not worth it.

That and they nerfed my favorite beast hunter deck by making the starving buzzard literally a worthless card which should never ever even be thought of using.

Back
Top Bottom