Which animated/film series made you depressed after it ended? Why?

Mine®

Skeletron
Hi there!
As you know or have exprienced, when you watch a show for a while, if you like it, you will get addicated to it after some time have been passed. But if it eventualy reach an ending, you will get a feeling that makes you want to cry loudly and do nothing for rest of your life! But doing nothing will make it even worse. So lets discusse our feelings here, and empty our minds, and even help ourselves to find and use some ways to make it less painful. :)
please color name of shows with any color you want (to find it easier)!

Last edited:
Kimetsu no Yaiba (this is the only one I can think of because I forgot all other animated series I have watched that made me depress so much).

Just for the first episodes it hits me hard.
The MC really shows his kindness, sincerity, hardworking, and love in his family.
Thinking about it makes me want to let myself rot in my room and cannot make things right. Because it is too late now for me. I always hope that I will pass away and am not intended for this world (where my Parents said that they regret that I have been born) due to my personalities (it changed by the time my innocence was taken off of me) where I made plenty of mistakes on myself, my family and specially on other people. As in, Plenty!.
It hurts so much. I always struggle from pain and everyday I am waiting for my heart not to beat anymore.
I am currently a locked-in person in my room.

Oh, anime! I really avoid anime because I can get addicated to them so easily. I see you are a big fan of Demon slayer. Don't be sad... There are plenty of things you can do, don't waste your life, enjoy it. :) make friends, do works that will make you will to finish them before you pass away. Playing games, thinking positive, and comunication should do the trick.
I personally got depressed for 3 days after adventure time ended. Because it didn't make my saticfied. Half of my questions remained with no answer! And for a show that answered my questions like Gravity falls, I depressed for 2-3 days, because why not? It was awsome! By the way, buying your favorite show stuff and following after-show adventures (like Gravity falls' lost adventures comic book or Adventure time season 11 comic) could bring back the joy for you. I'm pretty sure demon slayer has plenty of comics if you have not read them yet. Just make yourself busy :)

Last edited:
Oh, anime! I really avoid anime because I can get addicated to them so easily. And as your profile pic says, I see you are a big fan of Demon slayer. Don't be sad... There are plenty of things you can do, don't waste your life, enjoy it. :) make friends, do works that will make you will to finish them before you pass away. Playing games, thinking positive, and comunication should do the trick.
I personally got depressed for 3 days after adventure time ended. Because it didn't make my saticfied. Half of my questions remained with no answer! And for a show that answered my questions like Gravity falls, I depressed for 2-3 days, because why not? It was awsome! By the way, buying your favorite show stuff and following after-show adventures (like Gravity falls' lost adventures comic book or Adventure time season 11 comic) could bring back the joy for you. I'm pretty sure demon slayer has plenty of comics if you have not read them yet. Just make yourself busy so you can stop think about heartbeat and death :)
[doublepost=1568316848,1568316572][/doublepost]
also you can ask for help from your parents and friends, don't be shy. Start by unlocking yourself

I do not have anyone to talk to now. It is already too late tho. :( Didn't even correct myself while I have the time. As for the friends, I don't even make friends as of now for I am scared that I will pissed them of again like what I did to the other. As for the things I can do, none? I think, for I am less motivated now. I really feel crushed, cycles been repeating and do not have anything new rather that to repeat this cycle. I'm tired tho.
Also the profile picture is focused by his expression when Kazumi bad-mouthed him and still.

It's never too late!
You can change yourself anytime YOU want!
It's just a matter of time, everything gets ok when you change your point of view!
I don't know if it's rude to ask your age? I want to know why do you say it's too late?
Make new releationships, bond your old ones. Trust me, this world is as beautiful as it is. Try to seek beauties and joy. Make hobbies for yourself to enjoy. You MUST revive joy in your life! Everyday is differnt from previous one (tomorrow is another day). :)

As I found out about you, you have many works (wishes) to complete:
  • a new phone
  • SM games
  • pokemon games(try to dig it as much as you can, like try to find missingno)
  • monster hunter games
  • a good pc upgrade
  • finding more rare terraria items
  • finish terraria on mobile
  • make your own teleportation hub
  • trying another animes
  • etc.
see? There are bunch of small jobs you can do. :)
Try to make this list complete!

It's never too late!
You can change yourself anytime YOU want!
It's just a matter of time, everything gets ok when you change your point of view!
I don't know if it's rude to ask your age? I want to know why do you say it's too late?
Make new releationships, bond your old ones. Trust me, this world is as beautiful as it is. Try to seek beauties and joy. Make hobbies for yourself to enjoy. You MUST revive joy in your life! Everyday is differnt from previous one (tomorrow is another day). :)
For it is too late I meant in the Family. Legal Age.

I always tried to but I cannot be legit to revive the joy that I have, it is always been fake. That's what I found out about the Joy I have been getting or maybe it's not Joy. But rather a Laughter full of pain to ease the pain.

As I found out about you, you have many works (wishes) to complete:
  • a new phone
  • SM games
  • pokemon games(try to dig it as much as you can, like try to find missingno)
  • monster hunter games
  • a good pc upgrade
  • finding more rare terraria items
  • finish terraria on mobile
  • make your own teleportation hub
  • trying another animes
  • etc.
see? There are bunch of small jobs you can do. :)
Try to make this list complete!

Well, I'm hopeless for the first five of what you have said (¹I stop on my College Years, Marine Engineer - due to the finance ²cannot find income, ³I'm stupid). And as for Terraria I finished already just making my world Beautiful.

Thanks for taking the time to dig on my status.

You know what? Those first five are in high priority, because trying to do the hard ones and never giving up will make you wish to stay longer on earth. Nothing is impossible for anyone. Try to find what you have now and compair your life with other ones that have nothing (no home, no money, no parents, no healthy body, etc.)
It's not late. Get a job if you still don't have one. Think of life like an anime or a video game; it starts with you and ends with you. There are viewers that are watching you, do you want to give them a sad ending? No.
Does people in animes ever give up? They never do. Because they have HOPE! A better meaning for joy :)

Well, as what in the series quotes.
"No matter how many people you lose, you have no choice but to go on living."
So many loss. Well, I really have no choice. :D It'll work somehow.

I think I found best soloution for depression after endings! Recently I finished watching Star vs. The forces of evil , and I didn't get depressed or sad at all. BECAUSE I spoiled it for myself! That's it. Spoil whole show for yourself, and it can do the trick. Scientific reason: it's because how spoilers work! They spoil the moment for you, so you won't feel sad at end because spoiled buff deactives sadness debuff. Easy peasy! :)

While I wouldn't say it necessarily depressed me, Evangelion was the only show I watched that really made me felt something by the end of it. It was a fantastic anime to watch through and i'd highly recommend it to anyone if you haven't already watched it.

End of Evangelion hit HARD man. I think it had to do with how complex the show was in general that it got me to feel something by the end of it. The final scene was so inconclusive yet it still felt like a proper end to the series, hell even the line felt out of place. Apparently the final line was gotten through a genuine response from the VA, link here if you want to read about it. The show does have its high and low points here and there (ex: End of Evangelion mainly came out because people weren't happy with the end of the show. Hell, even the English VA rambled on about it in an off take you can see here. Overall the show had me captivated through out, which is something I can gladly say only a few shows have really gotten me to do.)

I think I found best soloution for depression after endings! Recently I finished watching Star vs. The forces of evil , and I didn't get depressed or sad at all. BECAUSE I spoiled it for myself! That's it. Spoil whole show for yourself, and it can do the trick. Scientific reason: it's because how spoilers work! They spoil the moment for you, so you won't feel sad at end because spoiled buff deactives sadness debuff. Easy peasy! :)
that's dumb, why would you want to consume media if you're detaching yourself from the emotions it's trying to induce

Definitely gonna be The Promised Neverland. It's a great show, and there were so many questions that needed to be answered when it ended.

The ending of Steven Universe Future hit me pretty hard. The original show was something me and my friends connected over and was a big part of my life during middle school/early high school. It also didn’t help that I had just moved to a different state which had me worried about losing contact with my friends. I also HEAVILY related to Steven during the final season which made the ending hit even harder. Just overall a bunch of sad emotions about the series ending plus some personal stuff for good mesure.

Also can’t wait to come back here in a month when the Owl House ends…:dryadcry:

Last edited:
I could think of a couple things, but I'd say it's Arcane for me. Despite it being a fantasy, it had a heavy plot and there were concepts that could be related to real life issues (ex: politics, trauma, betrayal, etc.). Also, I can't help but feel bad for all of the characters in it, especially for Jinx and Vi. I understood now why my friends wanted me to watch it and now I've gone through the same "depression phase" they did.

The ending of Steven Universe Future hit me pretty hard. The original show was something me and my friends connected over and was a big part of my life during middle school/early high school. It also didn’t help that I had just moved to a different state which had me worried about losing contact with my friends. I also HEAVILY related to Steven during the final season which made the ending hit even harder. Just overall a bunch of sad emotions about the series ending plus some personal stuff for good mesure.

Also can’t wait to come back here in a month when the Owl House ends…:dryadcry:

Damn, I felt sad just by reading this comment. Steven Universe was indeed one of the greatest, and it does hit different when you can relate to the characters. I wish the best for you and your friends.

Last edited:
Death Note (TV series). Spoilers, obviously.

At the final few scenes, Light Yagami is seen running from Japan’s Task Force. After already being shot several times, the only thing really keeping him alive is adrenaline. The show then reminisces a few cutscenes of the first episode, where Light was nothing more than a normal kid. He was a gifted student with a bright future, but the pride and ego that exalted from him after obtaining the Death Note swallowed him up. He changed drastically into a murderer that is willing to do whatever it takes to create his “perfect world.” The real gut kicker to him is that he has no one else to blame but himself. He could’ve used the Death Note once (in the show he was using it out of curiosity, not actually believing it would do anything) but he chose to be a “god” and wipe the world of criminals. Death Note has a more-so depressing ending because the show reminds us that he was a good kid with a bright future, but he chose a path of darkness.

It is also depressing because it makes you question your morality, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Back
Top Bottom