Which biome is your least favourite biome?

Least favourite biome?

• Total voters

MrBaum

Terrarian
Many people are talking about their favourite biomes. I want to know the ones you really don't like.
In my case it's the spider biome.
I have arachnophobia.

I also don't really like Sky, Ocean, Desert and Snow.

Sky because of Wyverns.
Ocean, Desert and Snow are too empty. They should get a boss, while Ocean should get an underground-version. (Maybe create a biome under the sand which contains new enemies and some kind of miniboss)
For the bosses: Maybe some kind of Mummy-Mage for the Desert (Maybe as a boss of the sandstorm) and some kind of Snowman for the Snow Biome.(Maybe let a stronger version of the Frost Legion appear in a snowstorm and create a Boss-Snowman as the boss)

That makes me think about possibilities to improve your least favourite biomes.

A good thing would be more bosses and more items for the Thrower-Class. The Wyvern should be turned into a real boss, which needs to be summoned. Maybe also add a pre-hardmode Harpy-Boss. Harpy Feathers could also be used to craft something like Harpy Arrows or Harpy Bows or Haroy Blades or throwable Harpy Feathers. Maybe even a Harpy Armor. Or a complete Harpy-Set for Throwers, which can then be upgraded into a Wyvern-Set in hardmode by using new materials from the Wyvern (Maybe let it drop Wyvern Scales or something like that)
Desert already has a pre-hardmode Thrower-Set, but the Mummy-Mage could be a hardmode enemy, which drops something like "Magical Mummy Silk" which can be used to craft Magical Mummy armor, an armor for mages. Combine it with something from pre-hardmode desert (Maybe make an Antlion Thrower-Armor) and you get a strong hardmode Thrower-Armor.
Snow should get something like "Frozen Javelin" made out of a Javelin and Ice Blocks. Maybe add Ice Armor, an early-game armor, which boosts throwing abilities and gives enemies that touch you the debuff you get when entering icy water. The Snowman-Boss could drop an accesorie named Ice Glove, which boosts velocity, damage and knockback of all thrown items and gives them a chance of giving enemies the icy water debuff.
For the ocean: Maybe a coral-set could be crafted from corals, sand and buckets of water. Maybe make throwable corals, too and boost them when wearing Coral Armor.

You could also add pre-hardmode items for summoners. Maybe a stationary summon like an Antlion and a moving summon like a Vulture for desert. Antlion Staff could be crafted from Sandstone, Wood and Antlion fangs/teeth/whatever their name is. Vulture Staff could be crafted from a new drop from vultures, (maybe call it Vulture Feathers) Sandstone and Wood.
Maybe a moving summon like an Ice Bat for the snow biome. Ice Bat Staff could be crafted from Ice, Snow, and a new Ice Bat drop (Maybe call it Frozen Bat Skin)
Maybe a moving summon like a Harpy for sky. Harpy Staff could be crafted from Harpy Feathers, Skyware Wood, Clouds and Rainy Clouds.
For the ocean you could add a moving Jellfish summon, crafted from Glowsticks, corals, water, sand, gel and a Jellyfish-Statue. Maybe add a jelly armor, too.

This would really increase the usefulness of these biomes, making them way better.

What are your least favourite biomes and what would you do to improve them?

Last edited:
I am one to like most the biomes in the game... However... The crimson biome is my least liked due to the bloody mess it looks like. Yes I know that is the point of the fleshy biome, but for me... A little too creepy and not something I like looking at. The mobs are fine. I love the trees, or rather the wood I can use in building from them, as they do give a nice look within my designs.

So mainly it is just the over-all aesthetic of the biome I least like. :dryadsmile:

Crimson is somewhere in the middle for me.
But there are spiders, too. (I think they're called Blood Crawlers, right?)

If I hadn't Arachnophobia, I would like Ocean the least, since it is the emptiest one.

I don't have problems with blood at all ^^
You could lock me in a room with bloody corpses and I wouldn't be scared.
However, if you lock me into a room with a spider, you will probably scare me to death.

Crimson is somewhere in the middle for me.
But there are spiders, too. (I think they're called Blood Crawlers, right?)

If I hadn't Arachnophobia, I would like Ocean the least, since it is the emptiest one.

I don't have problems with blood at all ^^
You could lock me in a room with bloody corpses and I wouldn't be scared.
However, if you lock me into a room with a spider, you will probably scare me to death.
It is not the blood itself... It is the intestine like layout all around it. One reason I wouldn't be a doctor or is that surgeon... but that is me. Corpses don't bother me much, it is more seeing insides spilling out urking me more than causing fear. It is also the color, in which I am more fond of blues & purples... and greens... or even a full color palate.

Yeah it does have the blood crawlers, usually more in the heart chambers though where they have more free roam.

I don't really like Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow. Not really because I don't like the look of them or the enemies or anything, (although the crimsom does kinda make me uncomfortable) just cause I don't like the spreading mechanic. I always get super stressed about it and I'm really bad at containing it. Also Corruption and Crimson always tend to spawn over the snow biome, which sucks cause the snow biome is kinda cool.

The Crimson sorta makes me uncomfortable because it's just a weird thought that huge areas of the world are just made up entirely of guts and stuff. Seeing bodies and gore in video games really doesn't freak me out, I can play Outlast without a problem for example. But just the idea of the Crimson is kinda unnatural and weird.

Also spiders kinda freak me out too, but the spider caves really aren't that bad for me. It's only when their ai freaks out and decides to make them stand still that they freak me out for some reason.

The God damn crimson. It is so scary that I take 3 month breaks for every 3 months I do play terrarria.
[doublepost=1481252627,1481252551][/doublepost]
I am one to like most the biomes in the game... However... The crimson biome is my least liked due to the bloody mess it looks like. Yes I know that is the point of the fleshy biome, but for me... A little too creepy and not something I like looking at. The mobs are fine. I love the trees, or rather the wood I can use in building from them, as they do give a nice look within my designs.

So mainly it is just the over-all aesthetic of the biome I least like. :dryadsmile:
Hah look at this jokester saying she likes something about the crimson.
[doublepost=1481252713][/doublepost]
huge areas of the world are just made up entirely of guts and stuff
Imagine that in real life. A huge chunk of land is one living hostile scary entity.
[doublepost=1481252764][/doublepost]
Also spiders kinda freak me out too, but the spider caves really aren't that bad for me. It's only when their ai freaks out and decides to make them stand still that they freak me out for some reason.
The spiders just want food like the other predators in the world as scary as they are the crimson on the other hand...

I've always found the ocean to be incredibly boring. It'd be cool if it were bigger with different islands and its own underground biome that is completely in water so you have to have swimming gear to explore it.

The sky is pretty empty too. Having a full skylands biome that maybe expands up into space would be neat.

I wonder why the Granite Biome has the most votes. Sure, it's empty, but other than that there really isn't anything else bad about it, unlike - for example - the Sky (Wyverns)

The Spiders biome. It can happen that you're making a tunnel or hellevator and suddenly you run into a cave full of enemies that have the most disgusting sound in the game. So now you have to remove the walls, one by one, just so enemies stop spawning, and when Hardmode starts, the Spider caves are one of the hardest places to survive in. The loot is also awful, only having a gimmicky grappling hook that barely reaches anything. A nice thing about those caves is that they're full of webs, wich you can turn into some pretty nice things, like furniture.

Hmm Biome wise It has to be the relatively depopulated and sparce biomes. Particularly the Sky/Space, Ocean, Hell, and to a lesser extent now the desert(currently fairly lacking in function/loot) as well as the spreading biomes(which as they spread in hardmode to form the underground they feel like something is missing.

However the holy grail of worst biome is the wholly incomplete meteor biome with a whopping one enemy and a single ore! Even more you can't even get loot once hardmode comes around! It is the most pitiful biome in terraria by far.

Now with regards to marble/spider/granite caves I'm fairly sure they are mini biomes rather than full biomes that said I think they could certainly be expanded a bit further as while it is the most extensive pat of the world the caverns are quite barebones.

I wonder why the Granite Biome has the most votes. Sure, it's empty, but other than that there really isn't anything else bad about it, unlike - for example - the Sky (Wyverns)

In my case, it's a combination of disliking how it looks (the colors are very dark, and the texture of unpolished granite is incredibly ugly IMO), and being swarmed by mobs that fill my inventory with more blocks than I'll ever use and don't have any useful drops (the night vision helmet can be bought, and it's not like I find it useful anyway). Compare it to the marble biome, which has a more beautiful look, and has mobs that drop actually usable items.

I like the granite biome a lot. The smoothed blocks have a really neat look to them.
Don't forget their use as a an easy source of platforms underground. Yeah The aesthetics are really nice for Granite and the enemy designs are nice though diversity is lacking. I always set any underground bases in a Granite biome whether natural or artificial.
Marble on the other hand.. Only one gets to stay in the world the rest will be mined out because those Medusa...
Both of the mini biomes need more enemies to be honest...
And why are Granite enemies not immune to lava? Granite is an igneous rock formed from a magma chamber that slowly crystallized over thousands to millions of years... They shouldn't burn up in lava for the same reason as obsidian...

Don't forget their use as a an easy source of platforms underground. Yeah The aesthetics are really nice for Granite and the enemy designs are nice though diversity is lacking. I always set any underground bases in a Granite biome whether natural or artificial.
Marble on the other hand.. Only one gets to stay in the world the rest will be mined out because those Medusa...
Both of the mini biomes need more enemies to be honest...
And why are Granite enemies not immune to lava? Granite is an igneous rock formed from a magma chamber that slowly crystallized over thousands to millions of years... They shouldn't burn up in lava for the same reason as obsidian...
Also, granite definitely doesn't come in dark blue colors. But oh well. It looks cool, and thats what matters.

I've always found the ocean to be incredibly boring. It'd be cool if it were bigger with different islands and its own underground biome that is completely in water so you have to have swimming gear to explore it.

The sky is pretty empty too. Having a full skylands biome that maybe expands up into space would be neat.

As a big fan of fishing, i feel the same way.

Wait... Meteorite counts as a biome? If I was a developer, I wouldn't even let it count as a Mini-Biome ^^
That is the thing though it doesn't count as a mini biome it counts as a full biome hence why it overrides the music and enemy spawns... So the situation is actually even worse 0_o It either needs a full revamp or rework To be honest...

I have to agree fully with this The ocean really needs more love if Meteor weren't so barren in comparison the Ocean would certainly have my vote. Considering that in the real world the ocean is utterly full of diversity and life(or at least would be if it weren't for pollution/over fishing etc.)

As for the sky I think regular cloud islands should be a thing(as in made out of cloud block varieties). In exchange they should make clouds semi permeable at least to fallen stars/Meteors as I'm fairly sure those two things are why the sky is so barren...

The desert.

Ever since the 1.3.3 update I've just hated it.

Tomb crawlers are cancer.
When the dungeon spawns in a desert, I have to blow it up with dynamite just to not get screwed by sandstorms while fighting expert skeletron.
I like to avoid the desert if possible.

Back
Top Bottom