Which biome is your least favourite biome?

Least favourite biome?

• Total voters
The Crimson Sucks....... When I start a Expert playthrough, I get the Crimson everytime, and the brain of chutlu drops a horrible Expert mode drop.... For goodness sakes, I am doing a Vanilla Expert Melee (No yoyos allowed) Playthrough and I have Crimson world, this affected my fight with WoF dramically, I don't have the wormscarf making him impossible. (If you have any ideas on beating WoF on Expert using only Melee weapons (no yoyos), tell me plz)
[doublepost=1483568979,1483568913][/doublepost]Also I beat skeletron with star fury and molten armor

The Desert biome for me. But only because I hate the mighty wind debuff and the angry tumblers that come with sand storms. It's only bothersome to me early game when I'm trying to get to a different biome. I'll be fighting an antlion charger then all of a sudden a tumbler will roll up on me all quick like. It triggers a fight or flight response but when you try to run away it's simular to running in dreamland, absolutely useless. That's just my thoughts on it :sigh:

The Crimson Sucks....... When I start a Expert playthrough, I get the Crimson everytime, and the brain of chutlu drops a horrible Expert mode drop.... For goodness sakes, I am doing a Vanilla Expert Melee (No yoyos allowed) Playthrough and I have Crimson world, this affected my fight with WoF dramically, I don't have the wormscarf making him impossible. (If you have any ideas on beating WoF on Expert using only Melee weapons (no yoyos), tell me plz)
[doublepost=1483568979,1483568913][/doublepost]Also I beat skeletron with star fury and molten armor

Use the Flamarang, I don't think there's any other melee weapon that can beat the WoF.

Well, you're the one who's restricting himself. Try with the Sunfury or the Dark Lance, then. Just don't get too close.

The Spider, Marble, and Granite biomes.

Since I have arachnophobia, whenever I see a spider biome I just run in the opposite direction from where the biome is located. I don't know if its because of the swarming effect or the sounds that the spiders make, but they are just a little too realistic for me :eek:

While the Marble and Granite biomes just feel like "filler" biomes to try and make the underground have more variety. While some may like to have a slight more variety I feel like they are just filling up biomes that I need such as the jungle or underground Hallow, maybe if they added some more useful items to be obtained in those biomes I could try and like them a bit more but until then I could do without them (Lets not forget medusa as well).

The Spider, Marble, and Granite biomes.

Since I have arachnophobia, whenever I see a spider biome I just run in the opposite direction from where the biome is located. I don't know if its because of the swarming effect or the sounds that the spiders make, but they are just a little too realistic for me :eek:

While the Marble and Granite biomes just feel like "filler" biomes to try and make the underground have more variety. While some may like to have a slight more variety I feel like they are just filling up biomes that I need such as the jungle or underground Hallow, maybe if they added some more useful items to be obtained in those biomes I could try and like them a bit more but until then I could do without them (Lets not forget medusa as well).

Here is how u solve your fear, if you like fishing, complete enough angler quest to get bottomless water bucket, then flood the place, you will get a ton of webs if you flood the whole play, after that, get a fast hammer, or explosives and blow up the walls bc the walls is what spawn (remember, the poison staff is a amazing weapon and can be upgraded so it is best if you do this after you get it). Here is another stadgey bc the minions are extremely good so it is totally best to take advanced of them in hardmode and is a must in a summoner playthrough. You can ask a friend to raid the place why u go do something else not spider related. (This guide was made for fun ;))
I never got into that moment when mudusa freezes you in midair u drop to your death, but I agree with u on marble biome but medusa is a must in make playthroughs as well as the javelins but they do tons of damage (or it might just be I always play in Expert). I don't see anything wrong with granite biome execept lack of content (the granite element is a pain since it can go through blocks)
[doublepost=1483980702,1483980442][/doublepost]
Well, you're the one who's restricting himself. Try with the Sunfury or the Dark Lance, then. Just don't get too close.

Tried, defeat...
Close though, and I beat skeletron with star fury on Expert, 4 HP left. Satrfury doesn't go through blocks, and that's the problem, I would use it but it just won't go through... How should I use dark lance? Only on hungrys? I was lucky and got enchanted sword, AND a arckalis. Should I use arckalis

Really interesting to see all those opinions!

I avoid going into deserts, too, at least in early game. The enemies are just too strong.
I don't understand why HappyDays always goes into Underground Desert so quickly when he starts a playthrough ^^

The Crimson isn't really bad for me, but I like Corruption more because:
-Like already mentioned, it has the Worm Scarf.
-I like purple more than red (It's actually my favourite color. I just like dark colors. Maybe that's why I like Granite more than Marble.)
-I like Vilethorn and Musket more than Crimson Rod and Undertaker.
-It can be right next to a Hallow because the both cannot spread over each other. Crimson and Hallow will "attack" each other.

For the WoF: I've never done it with Melee, only with Ranger and Mage, both can defeat it easily.
But I would try it with ranged melee like boomerangs. You should definitely use the Enchanted Sword in this fight because of the beam. Of course you should use Molten Armor. Night's Edge has a good hitbox to hit any Hungries coming too near. If there are many hungries in a line, use the Dark Lance.
For the accesories I'd recommend Spectre Boots, (I hope that's their name... The ones you get when combining Rocket Boots and Hermes Boots) Obsidian Shield, any kind of balloon item, (Cloud in a Balloon, Bundle of Ballons, etc.) and I have no advise for the rest.
If you can afford it, reinforce all of your accesories to Warding. If you don't deal enough damage and run out of room because you reach the World's end too quickly, use Menacing.
I have no more advice.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the spider biome because if arachnophobia.

Mine would probably be the Crimson because of those Blood Crawlers. It's not that I'm afraid of them, it's that their spawn rate is too high. Also dislike it (and the Corruption) for their spreading mechanics.

I like the Forest (due to it not spreading and having weak monsters) and the Mushroom Biome (I love the music).

Deserts, Temples and Dungeons

the Desert, for even almost nothing than sand, antlions, fossils, and cacti (also rare pyramids and desert elementals that attack you with powerful sand nadoes)
the Temple, same thing, only lihzahrds and flying snakes that drop power cells that summon a Golem Boss, the way to the Cultist Boss, they even contain chests with , and no weapon loot from lihzahrds
the Dungeon, for being a deadly place filled with spikes that cannot be almost deleted (but require a copper pickaxe), overpowered enemies in the post plantera, and even Dungeon Guardians Pre-Skeletron

Last edited:
I hate hell so much. If you are unprepared, get ready to always get bumped into lava by demons.

Granite. Only two enemies, and their drops are as interesting as the frost legion's. The furniture is badass, but that's not really part of the biome itself.

Granite. Only two enemies, and their drops are as interesting as the frost legion's. The furniture is badass, but that's not really part of the biome itself.
Also, it's so incredibly dark. A reason I like the Underground Hallow a lot is because you don't need any lighting.

I really don't like the Ice Biome.
The way you constantly slide around on the ice annoys me very much, because it makes dodging the enemies in pre-hardmode quite hard, at least for me. The same goes for the thin ice, especially those large patches of them. I don't know what has killed me the most in pre-hardmode, but that has to be in the top 10.
The ice biome also features one of my most hated debuffs: The Chilled debuff. It is almost impossible not to get this debuff, as every enemy and in Expert mode even the water (which is EVERYWHERE in the ice biome) inflicts it.
The loot isn't too amazing either in my opinion: the chests mostly contain loot that has the same function as the regular stuff you can get in caverns, only with an ice theme. The only thing I'd say is worth getting is the Ice Blade, it makes pre-hardmode a bit easier in the beginning. The only other item I deem noteworthy are the Ice Skates, and item that fixes the problems I have with the gliding effect of the ice blocks. But since it doesn't have any other effect and isn't necessary for any other upgrades of the accessories it's used in, you might as well skip searching for it in my opinion.
Fishing is also very unfulfilling in the ice biome: the only non-quest fish you can get are the Atlantic Cod and the Frost Minnow. The Arctic Cod is basically a Bass but a bit less common and in blue, and the Frost Minnow is only used in the Warmth Potion, which is only slightly useful for the Frost Moon. The only thing worth fishing for is the Scaly Truffle, but I think it's not useful enough for it's rarity.
The enemies also annoy me a lot, mostly because they all inflict the Chilled debuff. In Expert mode the Spiked Ice Slime suddenly become Gatling guns, I don't like Ice Elementals and Icy Mermen either and the Ice Tortoises just are weaker versions of the Giant Tortoises, but with a much rarer and less useful drop.
But I think the thing I despise the most about the Ice Biome, is that it is so damn large that I never can never avoid it when mining. It also spawns very close (or even directly at it) to the spawn, which makes avoiding it even harder.
I will admit though that Boreal Wood is my favourite type of wood to build with, and the Hardmode drops are pretty nice as well. Frost Staff and Ice Sickle make the beginning of Hardmode easier, and the Frost Armor set (if you're willing to farm a bit) is quite nice as well. The drops from Frost Mimics are decent as well.
The thing I like the most about it is that it's not necessary to visit it at all, so I at least have no downside when I avoid it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom