Which class is the best?

Which class is the best?

• Magic

• Ranged

• Melee

Results are only viewable after voting.
I much prefer magic. It has insane damage endgame, and you can really shred middle to end. The Spectre set with hood is the best for it's healing, and all the endgame (I'm mobile) stuff is insane. Razorblade Typhoon is THE most op weapon ever, while stuff like Razorpine, bubble gun, and that ice thingy that rains icicles from the sky are amazing.
Magic for the win.

While you don't technically need to play a set class, the differentiated armor and accessories definitely make it easier to stick with one. I still keep a few swords around though ;)

I would say mage because of razor blade typhoon and hardmode spell books but it gets really boring to prepe for WOF esp if ur first qb kill doesnt drop a bee gun

So i might go with the ranger because less grind friendly

Mage is the strongest class prehardmode because the equipment is really easy to acquire if you know how to sequence break and powerful relative to the other options. In hardmode the classes are pretty well balanced, with melee lagging behind for a bit then catching up when most of their weapons become pseudoranged. In PVP ranged is hands down the best class in all stages of the game.

Melee is the way to go. You can start of with great weapons like the Amazon or the Thorn Chakram, and thats only in pre hard mode. And needless to say one of if not the best DPS is the Terrarrian

Ranger is the best. There's a lot of good things to say about it, but one of the best is that it DOMINATES prehardmode with its additive weapon+ammo damage and is by far the most adaptable class. I guess the only thing especially bad about it is that it's armor is a bit sparse in prehardmode, but 1.4 is fixing that... and giving ranger EVEN MORE options to choose from!
And this isn't even mentioning how powerful it gets in hm...

Last edited:
I like ranger, but the armour isn’t strong enough. I died over and over against the Moon Lord in my ranger playthrough even though i had shroomite armour. Maybe I’m just used to melee

I like ranger, but the armour isn’t strong enough. I died over and over against the Moon Lord in my ranger playthrough even though i had shroomite armour. Maybe I’m just used to melee
Defense actually drops in meaning towards the end of the game, so you might be used to the damage reduction set bonus of beetle armor and not the actual defense of it.

Honestly, it all depends on your playstyle. Summoner is for the kind of people who don't want to spam Mouse1, but want to spam H. Ranger is for people who like more customization, because bows can have there own effect while arrows can too. Melee is for people who don't want to die. Mage is for people who sacrifice defense for big time power. :happy:

Honestly, it all depends on your playstyle. Summoner is for the kind of people who don't want to spam Mouse1, but want to spam H. Ranger is for people who like more customization, because bows can have there own effect while arrows can too. Melee is for people who don't want to die. Mage is for people who sacrifice defense for big time power. :happy:
These are incredibly common misconceptions. Melee is actually meant for people who want to rush in and deal massive damage before returning to kiting, their defense is counterbalanced by the fact that this playstyle results in you getting hit more. Ranger is about overwhelming your opponent with single target dps and is highly adaptable. Mage is about being weak for most of the game until duke fishron, where you gain amazing crowd control and single target damage at the same time. Summoner is about augmenting your damage by “stealing” weapons from other classes and using them alongside your minions to have the sum of your damage be greater than its parts.

Overall, from most potential to least, it’s Summoner, Ranger, Melee, and Magic. It’s true magic is powerful in endgame, but it takes a long time to get to that point and it’s usually the weakest class until then (especially around plantera). Melee is almost useless for killing bosses until hardmode starts and isn’t recommended until then.

These are incredibly common misconceptions. Melee is actually meant for people who want to rush in and deal massive damage before returning to kiting, their defense is counterbalanced by the fact that this playstyle results in you getting hit more. Ranger is about overwhelming your opponent with single target dps and is highly adaptable. Mage is about being weak for most of the game until duke fishron, where you gain amazing crowd control and single target damage at the same time. Summoner is about augmenting your damage by “stealing” weapons from other classes and using them alongside your minions to have the sum of your damage be greater than its parts.

Overall, from most potential to least, it’s Summoner, Ranger, Melee, and Magic. It’s true magic is powerful in endgame, but it takes a long time to get to that point and it’s usually the weakest class until then (especially around plantera). Melee is almost useless for killing bosses until hardmode starts and isn’t recommended until then.
It's just an opinion

I like using melee but only for defense. Ranged is good but I just hate it when I run out of ammo. Summoner is pointless because I like attacking with myself only, so I prefer magic. Even though it has low DEFENSE, it has very powerful OFFENSIVE skills.
I 100% agree that running out of ammo is a pain, but only in pre hardmode after that you can easily get endless quiver/pouch for normal enemies and save your good ammo for bosses.

Well, It depends on what you look for in a class.
I like Melee because of the defense the armor gives you, So I don't have to dodge as much.
I like Mage because the weapons are cool
I like summoning so I don't have to do work
I like ranged because of the Bullet/Arrow types

Back
Top Bottom