Mobile Which controller should I get?

Which controller is better and works best with Terraria?

• MOGA Rebel

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • SteelSeries Nimbus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pixeroot

Official Terrarian
I am thinking about getting a controller to play Terraria on my iPad. Unfortunately, both of the supported controllers will not work. The MOGA Hero Power only works with Android and Windows, and the Logitech Powershell only fits iPhones. However, I’ve found two controllers that that I think are good. They are :

• MOGA Rebel (Amazon Price : $41.99)

• SteelSeries Nimbus (Amazon Price : $43.87)

These two are very similar in price and reviews, with the Nimbus only having more. (Reviews, that is.) The small difference in price is not important to me, and since they seem so similar, I’m having trouble picking one out. I’ve seen a couple of videos that show off the MOGA Rebel, and that it works with Terraria, and I’ve read a review on this forums for the SteelSeries Nimbus that said it works. I really can’t decide. Does anyone here own one of these, or think one is better? Please let me know.

Thank you! :D

Last edited:
I am thinking about getting a controller to play Terraria on my iPad. Unfortunately, both of the supported controllers will not work. The MOGA Hero Power only works with Android and Windows, and the Logitech Powershell only fits iPhones. However, I’ve found two controllers that that I think are good. They are :

• MOGA Rebel (Amazon Price : $41.99)

• SteelSeries Nimbus (Amazon Price : $43.87)

These two are very similar in price and reviews, with the Nimbus only having more. (Reviews, that is.) The small difference in price is not important to me, and since they seem so similar, I’m having trouble picking one out. I’ve seen a couple of videos that show off the MOGA Rebel, and that it works with Terraria, and I’ve read a review on this forums for the SteelSeries Nimbus that said it works. I really can’t decide. Does anyone here own one of these, or think one is better? Please let me know.

Thanks you! :D
I don't have either of those, sorry I can't weigh in on how they work. I do have a MadCatz CTRLi (for ios) and it works great with Terraria on my iphone and ipad.

Good luck figuring out which one to go with, and let us know how it works out. I recommend buying from somewhere that has a good return policy. :)

I don't have either of those, sorry I can't weigh in on how they work. I do have a MadCatz CTRLi (for ios) and it works great with Terraria on my iphone and ipad.

Good luck figuring out which one to go with, and let us know how it works out. I recommend buying from somewhere that has a good return policy. :)

Thanks fo the info. I plan to post a thread about whichever one I get, so other people can pick one out. I’ve heard it’s a LOT easier to play with a controller, it’s a shame the cursor doesn’t work, though.

Thanks fo the info. I plan to post a thread about whichever one I get, so other people can pick one out. I’ve heard it’s a LOT easier to play with a controller, it’s a shame the cursor doesn’t work, though.
Something to keep in mind - if it matters to you - is that when the mobile update for 1.3 comes out, it may have different requirements for controllers. Meaning controllers that worked before may or may not work after. There's no info on what controller support there will (or won't) be for 1.3.

Something to keep in mind - if it matters to you - is that when the mobile update for 1.3 comes out, it may have different requirements for controllers. Meaning controllers that worked before may or may not work after. There's no info on what controller support there will (or won't) be for 1.3.

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom