Which do you find more disturbing: The Corruption or The Crimson?

Which do you find more disturbing?

• The Corruption

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The Crimson

Votes: 50 96.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMargin

Terrarian
This isn't something I've seen yet since I've joined, so forgive me if this is a topic that's already popped up, but I've been needing to know ever since me and my girlfriend had a debate on how creepy the Crimson is. The red gore theme disgusts her so much that she'd prefer the Corruption any day. I'd say there are probably certain people that believe the concept of a twisted, diseased wasteland to be even more grotesque than body horror and bloodshed.

So, answer the question. Is The Corruption freakier, or The Crimson?

Optionally, you can also tell me which one is cooler, rather than scarier.

Last edited:
Crimson for me. When I first started out, I got crimson, and the face monster sound was just FREAKY. Although, if I had got corruption first, I would probably have chosen it instead, as when I was a noob, I was like AAA WHATWASTHAT when a worm attacked. Once I got a corruption world, I had already got used to it and there was nothing terrifying in it for me anymore.

Probably the Crimson. It's hard to forget the first time I heard the Face Monster.

The fleshy theme in general is actually pretty disturbing. Not the worst I have seen, but definitely worse than the Corruption for me.

Edit: The Corruption reminds me of the Dark Agon Wastes from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, though, so it's still cool in my book.

Last edited:
For me, the corruption resembles mold, and the crimson resembles cancerous tumors. I'd choose mold over cancer any day.
(I vote crimson is the most disturbing)

You're profile pic is quite disturbing :dryadtongue:

Nah, but crimson is that kind of gorey (is that a word? HOw do you spell it) horror that is more disturbing than scary.

Yeah. There's not even a contest. There's nothing "creepy" about the Corruption. It's a very stereotypical darky dark world with alien looking critters. It's so stereotypically evil and strange you can't take it seriously.

Crimson, though... it's a land of fleshy bloody monsters. It's a land of gore. This is a nightmarish, hellish place with blood dripping from everything, straight out of a horror movie. And the music just puts it alllll together.

If I was put in the Crimson compared to the corruption,I would just say 'f my life"and stab myself with a copper shortsword :D

Yeah. There's not even a contest. There's nothing "creepy" about the Corruption. It's a very stereotypical darky dark world with alien looking critters. It's so stereotypically evil and strange you can't take it seriously.

Crimson, though... it's a land of fleshy bloody monsters. It's a land of gore. This is a nightmarish, hellish place with blood dripping from everything, straight out of a horror movie. And the music just puts it alllll together.

I could imagine the nightmare fuel driven by the Crimson is intentionally far worse than the Corruption. Perhaps that's why it has better weapons and armor.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437778482,1437778404][/DOUBLEPOST]
Crimson for me. When I first started out, I got crimson, and the face monster sound was just FREAKY. Although, if I had got corruption first, I would probably have chosen it instead, as when I was a noob, I was like AAA WHATWASTHAT when a worm attacked. Once I got a corruption world, I had already got used to it and there was nothing terrifying in it for me anymore.

I actually got the Crimson first, too. Quite a creepy experience that was for a newb, eh?

I don't think any of them is really "creepy", but I'd say Crimson is more than Corruption.

Corruption looks evil, polluted and destroyed. Enemies look evil-ish too.
Crimson is dark and it features a gore theme with undead (Face Monster) and bloody enemies (like Blood Crawlers). Also, I like how Undeground Crimson looks, especially deep underground. Looks more hellish.

You know what's creepier than both the Corruption and the Crimson?
The Hallow.
Unicorn.png
Man, when I saw an Unicorn for the first time I tought it was a joke.
It wasn't.

The only thing that ever scared me about Terraria was the Face Monster's new sound in 1.2.4. Headphones up loud? Haha, no.

But honestly, if we're on scary biomes, the Glowing Mushroom biome freaks me out for no good reason.

Neither. I found both of them to be rather cheesy due to the sheer size of them, the whole fact that both just come out of nowhere (Almost feeling like they are from a badly-written creepypasta) and the fact that they don't provide the strongest enemies in the game.

The only thing that ever scared me about Terraria was the Face Monster's new sound in 1.2.4. Headphones up loud? Haha, no.

But honestly, if we're on scary biomes, the Glowing Mushroom biome freaks me out for no good reason.
The whole theme of it feels like a fever dream doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom