Which games have you always wanted to play but you can’t because (reasons)

Aside from that, there are a few old games that refuse to run properly on modern PCs, so there are now games that I would like to play, but these day's technology does not allow it.
You can try them on an emulator.
There at least exists one emulator for every console ever made (Exception: First-generation consoles because all they suck). There also exists emulators for Apple II, Amiga 500, Atari ST, Acorn Archimedes which have big game libaries, you can also install MS-DOS from the internet. It was a huge OS at the time and it can run on modern PCs.

You can try them on an emulator.
There at least exists one emulator for every console ever made (Exception: First-generation consoles because all they suck). There also exists emulators for Apple II, Amiga 500, Atari ST, Acorn Archimedes which have big game libaries, you can also install MS-DOS from the internet. It was a huge OS at the time and it can run on modern PCs.
I'm a big fan of DOSBox, which basically saved nearly all DOS games from dying out. I also had a C64 when I was little, and have an emulator and games for that as well.

The main problem is the early games that were made for Windows 95. A lot of games from that era are a pain in the back to get to work, if it's manageable at all.
Not even Virtual Machines are a sure way for it.

I'm a big fan of DOSBox, which basically saved nearly all DOS games from dying out. I also had a C64 when I was little, and have an emulator and games for that as well.

The main problem is the early games that were made for Windows 95. A lot of games from that era are a pain in the back to get to work, if it's manageable at all.
Not even Virtual Machines are a sure way for it.
Well, it seems like Windows 95 can't load if you have more than 480 MB of memory. I think there should be a way to reduce it without messing up with hardware.

Well, it seems like Windows 95 can't load if you have more than 480 MB of memory. I think there should be a way to reduce it without messing up with hardware.
It's not just Windows. If it was, then a virtual machine would fix all problems. It's mainly hardware/drivers. The period before DirectX and earlier DirectX versions is simply a nightmare, with no compatibility in mind. (Sure, that's what DirectX is for, but the earlier versions were bad.)
Often you can still play a game from this time period with fan-made patches or some other means, but often you're simply out of luck. And as time goes on, more games will eventually become unplayable, unless they have a large fan-base that churns out custom patches.

The only sure way to play games from this era without problems is having a PC from around the same time.

1. All SM games starting from Wii and higher.
Cannot afford anything, poverty.
2. All Pokemon in 3DS..
Still cannot afford and I cannot Emulate due to the fact that my phone is low-end and I do not have a Computer to download Citra.
3. All Monster Hunter except in PSP.
Same case is with me. I would love to play but unable to afford them. That is why i go for the any reasonable gaming mice but quality options like i am using Logitech G600 gaming mouse which is under $50 and have cool features that lift up the gaming experience

Last edited:
Super Mario Galaxy because my Wii U broke (my fault, nothing to do with Nintendo) and I never got it before. Hopefully the rumours of a remake on the Switch are true.

It's not just Windows. If it was, then a virtual machine would fix all problems. It's mainly hardware/drivers. The period before DirectX and earlier DirectX versions is simply a nightmare, with no compatibility in mind. (Sure, that's what DirectX is for, but the earlier versions were bad.)
Often you can still play a game from this time period with fan-made patches or some other means, but often you're simply out of luck. And as time goes on, more games will eventually become unplayable, unless they have a large fan-base that churns out custom patches.

The only sure way to play games from this era without problems is having a PC from around the same time.

There's a project called PCem which is trying to emulate those Win 95/98 machines.
Another thing is looking in GoG for the games. I found some old games I loved to play being sold there, such as Screamer 2 and Hexplore

There's a project called PCem which is trying to emulate those Win 95/98 machines.
Another thing is looking in GoG for the games. I found some old games I loved to play being sold there, such as Screamer 2 and Hexplore
GOG is unfortunately not a guarantee for old games to work, I find.
But I'll look up this PCem, thanks.

Bloodborne, because it's a ps4 exclusive. Also The Darkest Faerie and The Wand of Wishing, because they require a PSP. I can't really afford to buy an entire console for just one game.

Bloodborne, because it's a ps4 exclusive. Also The Darkest Faerie and The Wand of Wishing, because they require a PSP. I can't really afford to buy an entire console for just one game.
While PS4 is a problem, PSP is easily emulated in a cellphone, or a very old computer. Give it a try!

i have 3 main ones:

Spider man Ps4, cus i dont have a ps4
Gta V, but my dad says i cant because it has more drugs and nudity then other M rated games
Super smash bros ultimate, cus i dont have a switch either

Back
Top Bottom