Which hardmode melee weapons are strongly affected by melee speed?

mathbrush

Terrarian
I recently learned to my chagrin that I've spent the last year or so thinking that melee speed boosts applied to all melee weapons.

But that's definitely not true, as helpful others have pointed out to me. Specifically,
-yoyos are not affected (except for getting longer string, which is not bad for boss fights!),
-projectiles are not affected (although they shoot out at a faster velocity, better for nailing monsters better)
-flails are presumably not affected (since they're projectiles?)
-Boomerangs might not be affected (I had some bananarangs and tested them with and without feral claws next to a dummy, and saw some kind of increase. Maybe because faster projectiles return to you faster?)

So, what hardmode melee weapons are actually affected in their primary attack (so, for example, not influx waver, since projectile does most the work)? The only ones I can think of are:
-Ore swords/phasesabers
-Fetid Baghnaks (but it's capped)
-Psycho knife
-Excalibur
-Keybrand
-Breaker Blade
-Obsidian Swordfish
-Slap hand
-Cutlass
-Ore spears

But does it apply to:
-Arkhalis?
-Solar weapons?
-Starlight?
-Chainsaws?
-The pumpkins from Horseman's Blade?

Does anybody know?

I actually know a simple way to find out for sure with no doubt otherwise for any stat change. TT2 allows for users to set the effects of any modifiers as well as the value of the effect.
Using TT2 one could set a few equipment mods to various levels of (in this case) 'melee speed' 20-40-60-80-95 (it says 100+ values become unstable) and then equip them one at a time for any weapon one is curious about.

(I made a weapon modifier for speed -aka use time- and it has various effects based on which weapon you choose)

Back
Top Bottom