Console Which is Better, Spectral or Spectre?

DaveTheGreat

Terrarian
I am wondering whether making Spectral Armor is worth it. I am currently using Spectre armor, but it is not very powerful. Which is better, Spectral armor's power, or Spectre's healing abilities?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother with the healing abilities and just dodge more things. You can always make those last if you really want them.

See, I would go Spectral armor, but I like to use Mana Cuffs, so the healing is useful. But would Spectral armor's power outweigh the debuff of mana sickness if I started using a mana flower instead?

Personally i think it depends on which weapon you are using. The firepower of ,for example,the magnet sphere can make you almost invincible when using spectre armor. If you are good at dodging, and using high damage weapons like the inferno fork, i would go for spectral armor to make the weapon a lot stronger

Personally, I'd say only go with the spectre armor's healing hood if you are very unskilled and desperately need an edge to keep yourself tanky, Otherwise, if you have some decent dodging skills, just keep the hood as a vanity since it kind of looks cooler than the mask. The mask's DPS ability is extremely strong for the point in time that you obtain it, and in skilled hands, no lifesteal is ever actually needed.

I'm recommending some heavy dodging practice with the mask on this one.

One strategy is to keep both sets in your inventory. Wear the Spectral Armor if you're have high HP and you can focus on damage. Then, once you start getting pretty hurt, hide and change into the Spectre Armor.

In the next update, Spectre armor will have 40% Decreased magic damage and 2 hearts (40 HP) per second cap on it's healing.
so... it's nerfed. but Spectral may not be nerfed, so I'm practicing on surviving the pumpkin moon without Spectre armor.
oh, the Spectre Mask: those orbs deal little damage, and it gives just 5% increased magic damage, while Spectral gives 30% increased magic damage, also Spectral gives 6 stars (120 mana) while Spectre Mask gives just 3 (60 mana) and the hood doesn't give you mana stars at all.
Plus, Spectral armor gives you 33% reduced mana usage.
if I'm not "Support" in multiplayer, I will use Spectral.

I'd like to bump this thread. Which set do you guys prefer for end-game players looking to deal the most magic damage, and not worried about losing HP?

As of 1.3, the hood doesn't heal you as well as it used to. When 1.3 comes to mobile, I will use spectral

I'd like to bump this thread. Which set do you guys prefer for end-game players looking to deal the most magic damage, and not worried about losing HP?
Use nebula armor, which is a armor that requires to defeat the moon lord if not use spectral with the razorpine

Spectre armor all the way
Who cares about damage when you're immortal?
Unless you're farming waves with 8 people damage doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom