PC Which item did you have the most trouble with to obtain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the enchanted sword, i got a legendary one and as i was going to get it i got knocked in lava and died, 10 blocks from the sword

I'm surprised no one has said Ankh Shield yet.

Breaking it down:
Cobalt Shield
Obsidian Skull

Think we can agree those two are easy.

Then:
Medicated Bandage - Bandage + Bezoar
CounterCurse Mantra - Nazar + Megaphone
Armor Bracing - Armor Polish + Vitamins
The Plan- Trifold Map + Fast Clock
Blindfold

Bandage, Bezoar, Armor Polish, Vitamins, the Trifold map, and the Nazar were all fairly easy. Was really just the Megaphone, Blindfold, and the Fast clock that caused problems, got those within 30 minutes of grinding in a hallowed desert.

IMO most difficult item is the Axe, but since I don't actually need that, the Paladin's hammer. I ran a test w/ tshock once where I spawned in 50 paladins at a time, it took over 300 paladins to get a hammer. And paladins are A) fairly rare and B) pretty tough.

I haven't ground (grinded?) for a ton of items, but I think the one that has given me the most trouble so far has been Stynger; I think I killed the Golem about 10 times before that damn thing dropped.

Now that I think about it, I think I might have actually had more trouble with the Clockwork Assault Rifle; I had to kill the WoF about 5 or 10 times, which was easy enough with the hardmode gear I had so far, but the hassle of getting voodoo dolls was the worst of it. I still want to get the the warrior and mage emblem to craft the avenger emblem, and really don't want to deal with getting those dolls again.

Nymph banner, Death sickle, The axe, Bone key (not rare just skill), Rod of discord (Which I am the proud owner of), Lucky coin, Coin gun, Reaper costume/All Halloween costumes

Picksaw, Ice Sickle, and Rod of Discord.

I eventually got the Picksaw after what felt like eons(about 20 battles or so), and just spawned in the Rod of Discord from a map. I still hope to get the Ice Sickle for my monstrous collection sometime when I get my butt up and grind for it again.

For practical items the frozen shell (took 4 months of grinding...)
for a set of items Bananarangs(still don't have a full set...)
things I still don't have and have given up on Hotline fishing rod Certain Dungeon Paintings...

It's so odd looking at recent posts, I got my death sickle on my first solar eclipse.

Wisp in a bottle. Took weeks of grinding.

Why do people say The Axe? I got it on my second plantera kill in my second playthrough :D
Anyway the hardest item to get for me is the Coin Gun. I've farmed dozens of Pirate Invasions and still, no luck. :mad:

Why do people say The Axe? I got it on my second plantera kill in my second playthrough :D
Anyway the hardest item to get for me is the Coin Gun. I've farmed dozens of Pirate Invasions and still, no luck. :mad:

They say the Axe because the drop rate is 1 in 200, not 1 in 2.

For me, the single most difficult/time consuming item was the Crimson Axe banner. It took about 5 days of sustained farming (at night I let it AFK farm as well) before I finally got one. In a similar vein, it took over 30,000 Blood Crawler kills before I got their banner, but they are sooo easy to farm that this only took about 3 days. That was just bad luck though. Crimson Axe banner really is a tough one.

The Lost girl/Nymph's banner. The NPC is super rare, the banner is even rarer. I had it on my first lost girl kill, but sold it because i thought it was :red:. So... Yep.

Anything From The Ice Queen - I`ve gotten Christmas Tree hook and sword razorpine Festive Wings elf melter chain gun and even a snowman cannon but no blizzard staff reigndeer bells baby grinch whistle or north pole

after some time, i now remember new items i have hard to get. here:
coin gun, have never had one.
binoculars, i went MAD when yrimir got it after killing one for fun.
reinderr bells, snowman cannon, and why the :red: not the pally hammer. still, i love the hammer, so satisfying to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom