PC Which item did you have the most trouble with to obtain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the items that I have took me a lot of work to get, so I will make a top 10 list.
10. The North Pole. I got it after a few frost moons. But when I got it, it was godly, and it felt good.
9. The Coin gun. Believe it or not, this didn't take to much effort. I have 2 coin guns, and I just got them at random.
8. The Scourge of the Corrupter. This took a lot of Demize key mold farming, until I gave up and made an actual farm in the underground corruption.
7. The Shadowbeam Staff. This took hours of farming, until I realized how crappy it was.
6. The Horseman's Blade. This took a little while, and I died a lot.
5. The Piranha Gun. After I got the first key mold, I got about four more. But it was awesome to get!
4. The Death Sickle. It took about 5-6 eclipses to get it.
3. The Terra Blade. Although it only took me 3 eclipses, It was super hard to get.
2. The Paladin's Hammer. This took nearly 10 hours of farming, and I felt so happy when I got it.
1. The Axe. One day, I was hopping through the jungle, trying to get jungle grass seeds, and I found a Plantera bulb. I broke it, fought her, and BOOM! The Axe! I had probably fought her 150+ times with a 99% success rate of killing, and had wanted it for MONTHS. I was hyperventilating after I got it.
And Believe it or not, these are just the weapons!!!

Probably the Rod of Discord and the Axe.

In the 900 hours I've played Terraria, I've only ever gotten these items once.

I'd would say The Axe was the hardest item for me to acquire, but I'd have to have actually acquired it. Still no luck...

Fortunately 1.3 brings us a better drop rate! :D

Coincidentally I've had a single Solar Eclipse grant me 5+ Broken Hero Swords and two Death Sickles, so at least I have luck somewhere. Kind of like how it took me 40+ Pumpkin Moons to get a Steak Launcher but I got two Razorpines in one Frost Moon. lol

The rod of discord I got at random when I was looking for crystal shards.
[DOUBLEPOST=1424731401][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd say The Axe as the hardest item for me to acquire, but I'd have to have actually acquired it. Still no luck...

Fortunately 1.3 brings us a better drop rate! :D

I actually don't like the fact that the axe is getting a higher drop chance because I think that it allows you to be more proud of yourself when you finally get it.

I actually don't like the fact that the axe is getting a higher drop chance because I think that it allows you to be more proud of yourself when you finally get it.
I don't really get a prideful feeling when getting a good drop. It's more of a "Finally, now I can do something else" feeling.

Oh, and another item that has done a good job eluding me is a Lava Charm. I got one pretty early on, but have yet to get another one from any of the many worlds I have crated since. It's sad cause I love Lava Waders and want them for more of my characters.

Notice how it says
Which item did you have the most trouble with to obtain
DID so which item you have and was the hardest to get.

Notice how it says
Which item did you have the most trouble with to obtain
DID so which item you have and was the hardest to get.

I read the title correctly, and I gave an honest answer. The reason those two items were the hardest for me to get was simply because of the huge amount of time I spent grinding for them. The reason I didn't say something like the Ankh Shield was because the RoD and Axe have a 1/500 and 1/200 drop rate, respectively, the latter of which only drops from a boss that can't be farmed as fast as the ingredients dropped from multiple enemy types. I'm sure through the right setup of cleverly-placed biomes, you could farm for most of the 1/100 drops in a single grinding session. As for the RoD, it's simply due to the fact that it's a 0.2% chance to even have it drop from a single enemy found in one specific biome, rather than being able to drop from multiple enemies that can spawn in multiple biomes, such as the megaphone being droppable from four different enemies for example.

It might be dumb but believe it or not i still can't find a diamond I've tried every thing splunking and that extractors yet no diamond

Funny enough, I have an incredibly hard time getting fireblossom seeds. Since I'm in the Underworld to obtain Hellstone, I always seem to uproot most, if not all easily obtainable fireblossom plants as a "side-objective", so I have to wait a while for the plants to respawn. Even then, the process of getting some is tedious in itself, so normally I skip getting them entirely.

Probably not a good idea though, there's a reason I kept burning alive in lava and asking myself "Why didn't I have that Obsidian Skin potion again?"

Probably slime staff of anything from the solar eclipse (because it took me three months to get one) or ankh shield
And I don't have the axe or the ROD or robot hat

Differs with each world, but in the most recent: King Slime Trophy. (Tsunami and Blizzard Staff are also up there.)

Took me quite a few slime crowns, which in turn meant quite a few gold bars.

It's not really searching for a rare item, but rather that I probably wasted more than 20 platinum to get myself a Mythical Heat Ray. Damn RNG ._.

That and the Nazar.

Definitely the Inferno Fork, I had literally at lest two of every other possible item from my farm before It dropped $-_-

From the dungeon farm that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom