Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters
use beenades like a madman this'll kill them in under a minute
trust me, you'll feel like this picture

Attachments

• images_1.JPG
    images_1.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 177
I have only beaten the twins and the destroyer. I defeated them both in one minute. The summoning items were even harder than the actual bosses! If you are on mobile(which I am on) then you can use the sharanga to beat the hell out of the twins(with wings).

The destroyer because i spant 2 weeks trying to kill it and than i tryed the twins and got the random sklton prime evant on the same night and killed tham both

I don't know. It depends on what material they're made of. I'd say the Destroyer, but we don't know how hard the bones used to make Skeletron Prime are...

I remember fighting Skelly Prime for the first time. I was playing with my friend and we both died and spawned at my house when it turned daylight. Next thing I know I see this head of a skeleton come spinning through all my NPCs, and I tried killing it.

Note: before we died we lowered it's health down to 200 or something. I could've killed it with my Megashark but it's defense was extremely high.

And then the Twins were also a nightmare. With them it's run or die, especially Cursed Flamethrower dude. They were by far the hardest.

And then there's Destroyer. The King Slime of Hardmode. Though I died a couple of times, the probes provided the necessary health to continue the fight. Use weapons that penetrate to cheese it.

But by the time I fought the Twins, I already had the Terra Blade so they were a breeze, aside from when I ran out of flight time.

Fixing up my old cringy comment I made about two years ago, I currently find the Destroyer to be fairly easier as long as you can dodge well. You need to focus on dodging and likely using a Daedalus stormbow with holy arrows, at least in 1.3 (I play mostly on Switch).
Second, I find a tie between Twins and Prime.
Spazmatism in his first phase is innacurate and his second phase, you need to keep distance.
Retinazer, whom I find harder to deal with, is who I go for first. Lazers are high speed and his second phase is ridiculously fast.
Skeletron Prime is hard, but only until you take out the arms. It leaves him defenseless until day arrives, but he can be deadly on Expert if you get caught in his head's range.

I usually fight twins first to get them out of the way and get their loot, since Prime gives you a flamethrower and a Frost moon.

I would say Destroyer is the easiest, Twins are easier based on class, and Prime is the hardest again based on class.

Last edited:
I think that all three are on the same difficulty (maybe prime is a little more harder) but always the hardest one is the first you meet because items crafted with their souls are strong enough to kill two remaining *ekhm* megashark

,jkfvj,hfrk.jrfeil
vtwasvhzyv gjhfekdyvbsfgycfdz98gfd9UHfsdz9nvcoxfxcvb
[doublepost=1517793174,1517793141][/doublepost]egegeggegeEJEJJEJEeeeejejejjGEHEJFHUYTDYASSREZA&D^
@v1tell, please don't spam nonsense in threads. If you decide to post a message in a thread it needs to be on topic and have a certain level of quality. Thanks.

I have a hard time with the twins, especially when the green flamethrower comes in.

For me it was The Twins. They were the last mechanical bosses for me and it took several tries. I eventually figured out to kill Spazmatism first because I felt he did way more damage.
Killing Spaz is a lot easier if you do him second because then Retinazer isn't bothering you

I see a lot of people saying the Twins are the most difficult.

If you build a platform bridge and have movement speed you can just kite them for days. The hardest thing is finding a good weapon for them which isn't too difficult. Really once you get full adamantium or titanium armor and a weapon you can fight them easily.

IMO the most difficult is the destroyer, not because of the actual fight are any technical strategies. I would say all fights are rather similar skill wise. However it's the gear check. Not only should you have full adamantium or titanium armor but you should realy have the philosophers stone and the cross necklace which can be a pain to get. This and really needing some armor from reforged accessories make this the biggest gear check ( unless you are doing the ranged hit him from an elevated platform where he can't reach you strategy). Also depending on how easy you want the fight to go, heart statue, campfire and heart lantern really help along with potions. All of it is a bit overkill but I usually like this fight to go smoothly.

The other bosses to me don't require as much effort. Just a little arena or platform bridge and a good weapon and I can dodge pretty easily. Once you get to the point of being prepared, yea the fight is easy. It's just stand to the side of him and hit him while killing the adds.

For anyone who's having trouble here's what I've found is easiest:

Use the same arena for all of them, which can just be a simple large platform 200-300 long with heart lanterns campfires and buff stations.

Fighting Skeletron Prime is really easy with a full set of spider armor, the spider staff, Golden Shower (optional) and the gatligator with crystal bullets. This will get you hallowed bars, which you can use to make some armor and weapons (I would recommend fighting him multiple times to get a full set of armor) Getting the flamethrower will help as well

Fighting destroyer is easy with Frost or Forbidden Armor or Hallowed armor (ranged or melee). The Gatligator and Clockwork Assault Rifle or the Flamethrower will do work against him. Crystal Storm is good too.

For Twins, using Frost armor with Crystal bullets works really well. Killing Retinazer makes the fight easier because you won't have to deal with him during Spaz's deadly second phase

Back
Top Bottom