Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters
The destroyer is a nightmare on the 3ds version, but that’s a whole other can of worms. The bottom paragraph is experience on console.

My initial vote was to the twins but that was because summoner had no good option against them. That was also prior to 1.4, things have since changed. Trying to argue which boss is the hardest is entirely subjective and I think solely dependent on what class you’re using to fight the mechanical bosses. Still, I believe the twins are the hardest. They give all classes a good run for their money, and melee probably has it worst. The first time I played terraria, I struggled against the twins. If I play stupid sometimes, they can still put me on edge. But I never really struggled (excluding when I played summoner) against the destroyer nor skeletron prime, even as melee.

The destroyer is a nightmare on the 3ds version, but that’s a whole other can of worms. The bottom paragraph is experience on console.

My initial vote was to the twins but that was because summoner had no good option against them. That was also prior to 1.4, things have since changed. Trying to argue which boss is the hardest is entirely subjective and I think solely dependent on what class you’re using to fight the mechanical bosses. Still, I believe the twins are the hardest. They give all classes a good run for their money, and melee probably has it worst. The first time I played terraria, I struggled against the twins. If I play stupid sometimes, they can still put me on edge. But I never really struggled (excluding when I played summoner) against the destroyer nor skeletron prime, even as melee.

cuz no stormbow :(
(imagine ranged class stormbow was removed: we would all be babies to the mech bosses)
but we still haave star cannon

wait cursed darts are on 3ds? (and dart rifle/pistol?)
No, he’s saying that destroyer still wouldn’t be that hard if the stormbow was removed

Edit: Nvm, I was a second too late. In response to your reply directed at me, destroyer is hard on 3ds but not because the stormbow doesn’t exist. Although the class is still a little weak towards him, ranger still has crystal bullets and the clockwork assault rifle. He’s hard with how the 3ds works with Terraria itself, notoriously how pinched in the screen is.

and tsunami (if u somehow manage to beat a giant shark prre mech)
Actually on platforms with better resolution duke is one of the more predictable and learnable bosses in the game. He deals so much damage though that you have to be patient in learning it.

people say twins is hardest cuz its "hard to dodge" deysrtroyer is harder to doge when it traps you in a cramped up area
skeletron prime will hit you 1-3 times and your dead, also if you don't kill the cyborg skull by daytime, unlike the other 2 who nicely run away, skeletron prime chases you at a very fast speed and oneshots you

people say twins is hardest cuz its "hard to dodge" deysrtroyer is harder to doge when it traps you in a cramped up area
skeletron prime will hit you 1-3 times and your dead, also if you don't kill the cyborg skull by daytime, unlike the other 2 who nicely run away, skeletron prime chases you at a very fast speed and oneshots you
Destroyer's fight is over in seconds because it's countered by everything, skeletron's arms are almost impossible to get hit by on accident, with the exception of the laser arm which is actually somewhat difficult... and then you realize that Retinazer is literally just a stronger version of Prime's laser arm on his own by a long shot. This isn't even including Spazmatism yet. Twins are the hardest not because they're hard, but because they're the only boss which both isn't over in seconds and actually requires effort to dodge.

Destroyer's fight is over in seconds because it's countered by everything, skeletron's arms are almost impossible to get hit by on accident, with the exception of the laser arm which is actually somewhat difficult... and then you realize that Retinazer is literally just a stronger version of Prime's laser arm on his own by a long shot. This isn't even including Spazmatism yet. Twins are the hardest not because they're hard, but because they're the only boss which both isn't over in seconds and actually requires effort to dodge.
*Stormbow and holy arrows:, super star shooter: dart pistol/rifle with cursed/ichor darts, crystal storm, cursed flams,: ALL EXIST*

Back
Top Bottom