Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters
I think it's the Twins, because the others are pushovers.
The Destroyer is extraordinarily simple. You can either just fly back and forth, spamming a weapon that creates lots of projectiles such the Daedalus Stormbow or the Meteor Staff, or you get a piercing weapon and shoot down his body, destroying him in seconds. The laser spam may seem dangerous, but can be evaded easily by moving horizontally. The probes may be a problem if you let them become a big swarm, but they usually end up just being extra hearts.
Skeletron Prime is at least a bit more complicated to dodge than the Destroyer, but is still very easy. The saw is extremely easy to dodge, you can just ignore it. The vice is a bit more dangerous, but it still barely poses a threat. The cannon is deadly if you actually run into the explosions, but if you build the right arena and have the right mobility, the bombs won't be able to get near you. The laser is the only arm that actually poses a threat, but can be destroyed quickly. The head is a joke, because it doesn't even attack you part of the time, and the rest of the time it charges at you, which can be dodged by simply moving backward.
The Twins, in my experience, are trickier than the other mech bosses, but are still somewhat easy. Spazmatism's flame balls can be dodged by just moving up and down, but can still be run into accidentally because of their slow speed. In his second phase, he moves extremely slowly with the flamethrower active, so you can just back up slowly, and his charges can be avoided by flying up and down. Retinazer's first phase is pathetic, because he infrequently shoots lasers, but his second phase can be pretty difficult, because of how fast he fires his lasers.

honestly its hard to tell but retinazer is harder than spazmatism, the twins ai is so predictable that it isnt really a challenge most of the time but retinazar is harder to dodge

That's just untrue. It's objectively better.
The difference is that Eye of Cthulhu has nothing else to attack you with when it chain dashes meaning you can run away in one direction while with Spazmatism you have to worry about Retinazer’s attacks.

Unless of course you kill Retinazer first, but I usually kill Spazmatism first anyway because second phase Spaz + first phase Ret is much more manageable than the other eay around.

I think Skeletron Prime can be defeated easily with a strategy.
First shoot the Lazer arm. Then circle around the boss like Plantera and aim for the head(If you're ranger or mage.) Melee and summoners, run in a straight line.

it took me until last year to be able to beat the twins on old-gen. the others were beaten repetatively, but not the twins...
This. On my first proper playthrough of the game I was gifted a Legendary Keybrand at the start, which carried me all the way to Plantera. The Twins were the first boss I couldn't beat within a few tries. I just kept dying to the Cursed Inferno over and over again because I had no ranged options and was too stupid to change my loadouts.

Assuming you're talking about true melee, definitely. Otherwise, Spazmatism's second phase is extremely easy because he moves extremely slowly when using his flamethrower and his dashes are pathetic.
He's a genuine threat on the 3DS version because the viewing distance on that version is small enough that he can flamethrower you from offscreen. (I assume that's why they treat him like the harder twin)

deystroyer is hard, an kills tons of npcs, but with a stormbow and holy arrows (wich are easy to find, if you know how) you can mow it down easily. the twins are also really hard but with a good arena, and knowledge of wich is wich a melee or ranger build (provided with ichor flasks or bullets/arrows) can prolly take it down. i hate to say SKTP is the hardest, but to be real, he has no real weakness to exploit ( to my knowledge) and even a well built arena wont help you dodge his attacks without god wings or a dash, both of wich you do no really have at that stage, (you typically upgrade out of SOC for other shields or a glove) so even though he is a realitivly simple boss his strange mechanics combined with a lack of weakness make him the hardest boss for unskilled pvp-ers like myself.

Ichor, he is weak against ichor. and target the limbs first, starting with laser, then chainsaw, then vice, then cannon, then skull.

Back
Top Bottom