Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters
destroying the limbs lowers the skulls defence, hit him with Ichor after that any you have a weak sitting duck to slaughter in a few seconds.

destroying the limbs lowers the skulls defence, hit him with Ichor after that any you have a weak sitting duck to slaughter in a few seconds.
That’s only normal Skeletron in Expert/Master. With Skeletron Prime, the head’s defense is always the same and it’s more realistic to just target the head always, especially because you might not have time to take out the limbs due to how tanky the boss is.

you've got it backwards, unless expert mode did some weird stuff to skeleboi.
But Skeletron Prime loses defence per every hand killed.

It's actually the other way around.
Edit: I'm stupid and the screenshots didn't work. But go on the terraria wiki, it shows that Skeletron in Expert gets more defense per hands killed, while Skeletorn in Normal and Skeletron Prime in any difficulty don't. You'll also see this yourself if you look at the damage numbers you get against expert Skeletron or Skeletron Prime.

This is wrong. I just killed skeletron prime with the Blade Staff two days ago and they did the exact same amount of damage to him with and without his arms. He has 24 defense at all times, except for when he's spinning where he has 48. There is no other change with skeletron prime.

Expert prehardmode Skeletron, on the other hand, starts with 60 defense, goes to 35 defense with one hand, and finally goes to 10 defense with no hands.

Slightly off topic, but I’d actually argue that Queen Slime is harder than any single mech. There’s a ton of projectiles being thrown everywhere, which is especially dangerous in phase 2 when she drops them from above you. You also have to deal with her minions, which are overall a hell of a lot more abundant than Destroyer’s probes, and Crystal Slimes can be more dangerous if you have to track over them. Granted she’s still not super hard because you can avoid most of the attacks with a super long skybridge, but she’s still harder than the mechs except maybe the Twins.

Slightly off topic, but I’d actually argue that Queen Slime is harder than any single mech. There’s a ton of projectiles being thrown everywhere, which is especially dangerous in phase 2 when she drops them from above you. You also have to deal with her minions, which are overall a hell of a lot more abundant than Destroyer’s probes, and Crystal Slimes can be more dangerous if you have to track over them. Granted she’s still not super hard because you can avoid most of the attacks with a super long skybridge, but she’s still harder than the mechs except maybe the Twins.
She's absolutely more dangerous. The mechs are by far the easiest 3 hardmode bosses to begin with because of how dated their attacks are. I honestly would put Prime and Destroyer below Golem.

"Cry, Terraria, cry for Prime's mercy! There will be n-" Skeletron Prime has been defeated!

Technically, The Destroyer's head gets a massive damage increase in Expert (70 to 280) but aside from that it's the same dumb worm. It's weird how some bosses radically change in Expert (Eye of Cthulhu, Duke Fishron) but others, like the Mechs are untouched. At least Master Mode was consistent.

IMO the Twins USED to be really bad, now I can beat them with a true night's edge and adamantite armor so...
Destroyer wrecks me though, so used to the 100% heart drop rate from the probes that I always underestimate how bad he is now

Skele is 3spooky5me
What do you mean you’re using True Nights edge on the twins, the true nights edge is literally post-mech you can’t get it until you defeat all three mechs. And since you comment was 6 years ago, that time I’m pretty sure the weapon was even in fact Post plantera

The Destroyer when I don't have any good crowd control and piercing options. Skeletron Prime when I do. Twins is the easiest since I prep 3 Grav Potions and skimp on wings instead. End up doing them like 1st night of hardmode for :red:s and giggles.

I forget what I said before about which mech boss was the hardest in the past, but regardless I thought it would be good to update my analysis to account for the changes made with the Journey's End update.

From having faced the Mech bosses on Expert and Master Mode, overall the Destroyer tends to be the most difficult for me of the 3.

Skeletron Prime is more of a threat now that he can spin his head rapidly in the same way that Skeletron on Expert and above can. Though it still puts him roughly equal with the Twins. With the Twins they have more of a set pattern and with enough practice it isn't too difficult to dodge the attacks of both eyes as long as I have a pair of wings, which I'll likely have by the point I face the twins if they don't naturally spawn on the 1st few nights.

The Destroyer's lasers are far more difficult to dodge consistently since they fire off in random directions. In addition to having to focus on destroying probes and evading its lasers and main body, it makes it a pretty rough fight. Especially on Master Mode where its head can do well over 300 damage. In most cases very likely being a 1 hit kill when combined with its other attacks. The Nimbus Rod can help with damaging its body, but even then it requires the most maneuvering to stay alive while with the Twins and Skeletron, there's usually always openings they give that allow me to shoot at them from a safe distance.

Is it just me or is the Destroyer a million times harder now?
The Destroyer has become the hardest Mech boss for me now. His lasers deal WAY too much damage in Expert or Master mode. The drones are super annoying. If you didn't aim for the chunk he spawned in(with a piercing weapon) then the rest of the fight will be damn difficult without a sizable arena. I swear to god that he literally shreds me apart if I'm not playing ranged.

The twins are the hardest I think. But everyone of them is easier depending on the gear you use:

Destroyer: Tanks, Jester arrows rangers and Harp+Nimbus mages
Twins: Melee is screwed(*), range and magic not that much
Prime: Melee is screwed (*)(again), range and magic not that much (again)

(*)So yeah, beating skelly prime and the twins is pretty hard if going melee in my opinion, except if you own a terra blade.
I'm doing a melee playthrough in master.... Medium world and I'm on mobile which is... PAIN, skeletron prime, it's a lot like skeletron, just make sure to have wings and shield of Cthulhu (that's what I did once before while using magic) but I currently am still at king slime, haven't done a boss yet.

I found Spazmatism the hardest. The cursed flames were difficult to avoid without some good wings and movement boosts. Retinazer is a piece of cake in comparison. There are times I can stand still and Retinazer still can't hit me with lasers.

Skeletron Prime was quite straightforward with a proper arena setup. Destroyer wasn't too difficult with a good setup either.

The vice actually has a long highly visible windup period which makes it trivial if you know to look, and the laser is literally Retinazer with a worse fire rate.

Although, unrelated, but the mechanical bosses might actually be the easiest bosses in the entire game. Skeletron prime flails uselessly because wings exist now, the Twins have a basic projectile and a charge attack which would be difficult... except wings exist now, and the Destroyer is hilariously countered by almost everything. Their attacks are just as orderly and learnable as Duke Fishron’s except unlike him, they do not deal enough damage to make up for it.
I’d say Twins is the hardest, also I swear I saw you in another thread

Back
Top Bottom