Hot Topic Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

• The Twins

Votes: 174 47.8%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Skeletron Prime

Votes: 74 20.3%
  • They're all both pretty hard.

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • They're all both pretty easy.

Votes: 38 10.4%

• Total voters

LeePlayer

Terrarian
Which Mechanical Boss is the Hardest?

Mine is personally the Destroyer. Probably because of it's health and the probe thingies that come out often.
It was a pain killing it the first time because it has to be defeated by morning.
The Twins were pretty hard too. Skeletron Prime was a breeze.
But just my opinion. Anyways go ahead and post your opinion! :happy:

Last edited:
The twins are the hardest I think. But everyone of them is easier depending on the gear you use:

Destroyer: Tanks, Jester arrows rangers and Harp+Nimbus mages
Twins: Melee is screwed(*), range and magic not that much
Prime: Melee is screwed (*)(again), range and magic not that much (again)

(*)So yeah, beating skelly prime and the twins is pretty hard if going melee in my opinion, except if you own a terra blade.

I think Prime is the hardest. The Destroyer is destroyed by piercing attacks, especially if you use the Nimbus Rod, and the Twins basically never hit you if you're constantly running and use basic dodging.

I don't know why, but after struggling with Destroyer which I find super challenging, the other two bosses aren't even challenging.
Like really, it is literally just flying hoops like a circus dolphin with wings and dodging, and everything is fine.

Depends really. Destroyer is a challenge for sure unless you know what you're doing, and I think the 1.2.3 nerf to Twins made them a bit less totally terrifying. All the mechs are best tackled in different ways, but I do think Destroyer has the highest potential to just ruin your face in PC.

For me, Twins.
Prime is only hard because his limbs block his head.
Destroyer is easy. Period.

Depends on class.
Melee: All of them but the destroyer really suck if you have an autoswing sword.
Ranger: Twins
Mage: Twins
Summoner: Twins.

Basically the twins suck :D

Both The Twins and Skeletron Prime are fairly easy in my opinion. Wings and a hallowed repeater burn both of them.
The Destroyer on the other hand is, in comparison, fairly difficult. I tend to need multiple tries, paired with grinding the other two.

IMO the Twins USED to be really bad, now I can beat them with a true night's edge and adamantite armor so...
Destroyer wrecks me though, so used to the 100% heart drop rate from the probes that I always underestimate how bad he is now

Skele is 3spooky5me

The easiest mechanical boss was Plantera. No? Why?

All humour aside, I usually go with ranged weapons... for me, Skeleton Prime is terribly easy to dodge, The Twins just get wrecked by Crystal Bullets, so I would have to say the Destroyer. The probes are annoying, and I hate having to just lift my attention from the worm so that I can prevent them from destroying me...

It depends, the bosses have there own pros and cons with them.

Destroyer's pros: even though his 60000 health may look bad, the amount of damage one can do on multiple parts on his body using projectiles makes it fairly easy to kill him in seconds if using the right weapons.

cons: being hit by the body can cause a ton of damage to players and launches probs which can become a problem if not taken care of.

The twins pros: the twins can be easy to kill if the player manages to make a sky-bridge long enough to where the boss can't touch them and are far enough not to inflict damage on the player.

cons: 3 words, the 2nd forms.

Prime's pros: When launched into "spinning" mode he is easily vulnerable to any and all projectiles and swords for that limited amount of time, making him an easy kill from that alone.

cons: four arms, massive damage dealt if spinning on player, and goes into "one-hit" mode if not taken care of.

For me it was The Twins. They were the last mechanical bosses for me and it took several tries. I eventually figured out to kill Spazmatism first because I felt he did way more damage.

Back
Top Bottom