Console Which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to do the pumpkin moon and I've been really unlucky in the fact I haven't got a horseman's blade. I use the godly vampire knives, dragon armor a small trap hole and a staff of the frost hydra. Should I use turtle armor or dragon?

I go for the turtle armor. If you use that with godly vampire knives and accessories reforged to menacing you can literally stand on a platform above the mobs and kill, kill, kill. The extra damage from the accessories with the life steal from the knives will allow you to stay alive till the event is over. Buffs help too: ironskin, regen, ale, thorns, bowl of soup. Hope this helps.

I go for the turtle armor. If you use that with godly vampire knives and accessories reforged to menacing you can literally stand on a platform above the mobs and kill, kill, kill. The extra damage from the accessories with the life steal from the knives will allow you to stay alive till the event is over. Buffs help too: ironskin, regen, ale, thorns, bowl of soup. Hope this helps.
Thanks!

You have pretty much the worst tools right now for the pumpkin moon. I'd recommend getting a Paladin's Hammer and Death Sickle, as those deal tons of damage very quickly. Be sure to use Dragon Armor, it's much better than Turtle in nearly every way. Reforge your accessories to Menacing, that will boost the Vampire Knives' pitiful damage output and keep you alive. Only use the Knives when you are in danger of dying.

Last edited:
That's a bit extreme considering he's stated he's already using Dragon armor. Also, not everyone is great at switching weapons in a pinch.
Sorry if I came off a bit rude. I think I was basing my comment off of my assumption that he was using Turtle armor due to a previous post.

You know what they say, assuming makes an ":red:" out of "u" and "me".
I need to make a mental note to make my words sound friendlier.

Vampire Knives shouldn't be used as a main weapon. Use something stronger, like the Terra Blade, then swap to the knives when you're at 100-200 HP. Using just the knives can keep you alive, but you won't get that far into the event. You can boost the Terra Blade's damage to over 200 and become powerful enough to the point where you can camp and not even need to use the knives as the enemies drop hearts that heal more damage than you take. You'll need a campfire, heart lantern, some honey to sit in, and the normal buffs.

It's all right now now! When I reforged all my accessories to menacing, used pumpkin pie and ale I got to wave 10 and got the horseman's blade and on the second reforge I got legendary! When I used used this I got to wave 12 both times however this is not very good but once I started the pumpkin moon at 10 so I missed two hours 30 and then on the second time my batteries ran out so I died loads before replacing them. So close to the trophies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom