Pixel Art Which pixel art rpogram do you use?

Bed_breaker117

The Destroyer
Hi! So I was looking at a few sprite dumps and decided to make my own sprites! what pixel art/art program do you recommend?

I'd recommend Aseprite. Despite it costing $15, it's really versatile and useful for making pixel art. You could also compile it, but I've heard that's pretty hard.

Aseprite is on sale on Steam for $13 right now.

I use Spriter Pro and Pro Motion, both from Cosmigo, and sometimes Photoshop or Painter. Those are a smidge more costly.

Aseprite is on sale on Steam for $13 right now.

I use Spriter Pro and Pro Motion, both from Cosmigo, and sometimes Photoshop or Painter. Those are a smidge more costly.
If you can afford Photoshop, Aseprite shouldn't be any more unreasonable.

But yeah, there tends to be a lot of sales on Steam, so it's most likely going to be less then $15.

I'll think about it.It does seem cool.BUt I'm not sure how long term this is be.Thought tbh spriting IS art and that is a great skill to have

Not unreasonable at all, even at non-sale price. I have an Adobe subscription 'cos I need it for my work. Much as the subscription model annoys me, the monthly charge pays back many times more in pay. (I still wouldn't use Photoshop, Painter, etc. for most spriting tasks. The less expensive specialized tools are better fits for the job of sprite-making.)

Back
Top Bottom