Which species is Plantera?

Perume

Official Terrarian
Obviously, there isn't any real-life plant species capable of slinging itself through a jungle in order to destroy some (maybe not so) innocent people.
However, has anyone ever wondered if Plantera resembles any real-life species of plants? I mean, any real flower?

Well, I'm thinking about a cross between a venus flytrap in the middle of a set of vines, somewhat similair to a spider in the middle of a web.

though, I don't think there's much choice since real plant's don't use their vines as easy and as fast as tentacles. (or there are some species I'm not known of)

I don't think I expressed myself well (English is hard :sigh:)
What I meant is, if we removed all sci-fi, weird, terrarian elements from Plantera (such as the spiky tentacles, the ability to shoot razor leaves, its general awareness of its surroundings...) and left it as an ordinary plant, which "real life" species would it resemble?
I've always wondered if its sprite was based on a real plant or just a stereotypical flower.

Last edited:
It might be mutation of a pink tulip.

Pink_Tulip.jpg

A fungi invention from the tree gods which cast *her* out of the bee hive, accepting she's angry. Awaiting for your arrival, to eat you. So she can show the rest of her pack she's worthy enough. But no, before hand she steals her *kings* riches, so when you have defeated her, you have the riches you'll need for a better experience throughout Terraria Re-Logic.

Good game, good girl!

Probably a Venus flytrap plus a drosera

VFT in the second phase, sure, a bunch of closed flowers in the first phase, yes... A drosera... not at all.

If you mean the pink tentacle-ish things in the "mouth", those look far more like filament without a visible anther from any number of plants. Actually, they look a bit like saffron stigma.

VFT in the second phase, sure, a bunch of closed flowers in the first phase, yes... A drosera... not at all.

If you mean the pink tentacle-ish things in the "mouth", those look far more like filament without a visible anther from any number of plants. Actually, they look a bit like saffron stigma.
The drosera was for the sapels on the undersideside of Plantera, like a VFT on top of a drosera

The drosera was for the sapels on the undersideside of Plantera, like a VFT on top of a drosera

*sepal... and I guess I see that a little more... If you have to go with another carnivorous plant for that, though, I'd say it much more closely resembles a pinguicula like a planifolia or something instead. I think it's a stretch either way. It looks more like slightly unusual typical flower bits to me (though can't think of an example at the moment).

Well plantera could be a rose or a snapdragon or both all i know is that it’s carnivorous and some form of mutant maybe it sat dormant in the jungle until the ancient magiks were released (upon defeating the wall of flesh)empowering the flower to what it is now

Back
Top Bottom