Which Tools do you Prefer? Pickaxes/Drills/Pickaxe Axe Family and Axes/Chainsaws/Hamaxes?

Do you prefer Pickaxes, Pickaxe Axe Family Tools, or Drills? Then Axes , Chainsaws, or Hamaxes?

• Pickaxes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Drills

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Pickaxe Axe Family

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Axes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Chainsaws

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Hamaxes

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
Given how Terrarians are given several options on what they want their tools to be like, I thought I would ask you what types of tools you prefer to use and why.

I will start out.

I prefer Pickaxes over Drills and Pickaxe Axe Tools, because after a minute or 2, the drill stops running. And it is more convenient to be able to hold down and keep swinging your tool for as long as you need to as stopping suddenly can throw you offguard. They also have the additional benefit of keeping monsters away while you're digging/mining. Plus they are a classic tool. Having the Axe and Pickaxe features combined into a single tool tend to cause problems when I'm chopping down Trees so I prefer to use Hamaxes over Pickaxe Axes.

Similar reason to why I prefer Hamaxes. And I prefer Hamaxes over just an Axe and Hammer Separated is because it saves an inventory slot.

In the Poll you can vote for any and as many of the Tools you want.

It will be interesting to see everyone's Tool Preferences.

For parctical use, I'd like to choose pickaxe, as they can get speed modifier and become faster in mining. plus, they can be affected by the Mining Potions, Mining armor set and sun/moon/celestial stone.(drills won't be affected).

But for axe, I like chainsaws for aesthetic reasons, but I also sometimes choose a hamaxe for saving room.

PIckaxes are better and make less noise. Hamaxes are most compact but I did have to choose pickaxe/axe choice as well because the shroomite digging claw is my favorite mining tool ever :p

I prefer pickaxes over drills for a few reasons:
- Less noise
- You can see what have you mined (with drills you can't if you stay too close)

Hamaxes are very useful tools for terrain preparation, but usually they get replaced if you craft a Pickaxe Axe.

I prefer the Pick Axes and the Pick Axe Axe line. I like that combo so I don't have to worry about having an axe on me. I still like axes and the chainsaw line though.

Really I just don't like the drills due to feel of it. Well look anyway, but mainly the sound.

Don't really like the hamaxe because I prefer using the hammer by itself, mainly for walls & slight block adjustments. So it is a building tool. The axe part of that would get in the way for certain things; plus is better off with the pick since I do all my mining/gathering with that.

I prefer pickaxe axes to them separate. I like to have the ability to just chop down trees while landscaping and without switching to some other tool. I also prefer hamaxes, as it feels more useful than a hammer on its own. I dunno, the idea of having trees universally killable with any tool I have is just nice, because they can just be obstructions at times, and the "tree chopping" on the hamaxe has yet to ruin something I'm doing.

Don't really have a preference. Mostly use pickaxes out of familiarity - don't want to waste metal.

Currently using the Laser Drill since it's the best I got - other than the Picksaw which I only got after the drill (Golem just won't drop it. I killed him 15+ times before he would give me the Picksaw.) - the range is nice.

For large scale mining ... probably the Drill Containment Unit. :p

Don't really have a preference. Mostly use pickaxes out of familiarity - don't want to waste metal.

Currently using the Laser Drill since it's the best I got - other than the Picksaw which I only got after the drill (Golem just won't drop it. I killed him 15+ times before he would give me the Picksaw.) - the range is nice.

For large scale mining ... probably the Drill Containment Unit. :p
Problem I have with the DCU is that by the time you can get it you don't need it anymore, I guess it's good for underground building projects but still...

I really like Pickaxe axe tools and hamaxe tools since they save inventory slots. Also, as was said before, they don't stop suddenly and have a larger damage radius so they can keep monsters at bay while collecting resources. I use a Picksaw and Spectral Hamaxe in my inventory.*

* I have console edition, so we don't have any better mining tools at the moment.

Overall I prefer pickaxes, including things like pickaxe axes. I prefer the look of drills a lot more, but really they're not that good for functionality. It has actually been proven that pickaxes are slower than drills, and I personally find drills to be a little awkward to use.

Back
Top Bottom