Which Type of Character do you prefer the most? (Softcore, Mediumcore, Hardcore)

What type of character do you use most frequently or like the most?

• Softcore

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • Mediumcore

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Hardcore

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
Softcore.
I am a builder, so that would say something. Progress in equipment I may be able to get back, but gathering resources for building again if I happen to not make in time or forget where... Let's just say I don't need frustration in building mainly.

The other reason would be what was mentioned first, and that is the time frame; which I don't have a whole lot of half the time. Not like it use to be when I was young.:dryadsmile:

Softcore, because when I'm on mediumcore or hardcore, I find great loot, just to end up dieing with it and lose it...

Mediumcore, simply losing some money on Softcore is barely a punishment for dying, and if there's no punishment for dying there's no incentive to actually take precautions and think before you do something. Especially once you have the Money Trough, there will be virtually no punishment for dying at all.

On Mediumcore there's punishment for death, but it's not Hardcore where a single death will set you back ALL progress on that character and world. So long as you set up ropes and such, and actually keep back-up items for protection and mobility in case you die, you can go back and retrieve your items provided you're careful. Moments where you barely beat a boss or avoid death are a lot more significant and thrilling if there's actual stakes.

As for Hardcore... never tried it yet. If I do it'll have to be on Normal, because Expert mode is challenging enough as is with softer-core characters.

I've never played anything other than softcore, but sometime soon I really want to try one of the other modes. (Probably hardcore on normal mode to see how far I can get.

I just started hardcore a few hours ago, in normal mode, got climbing claws, flipper, cloud in a bottle, and BOULDER, then I tried again and just got a radar but luckily no boulder

I play softcore.

I would play mediumcore if, when you die, the items you dropped were placed in a tombstone. That way you wouldn't have to worry about retrieving your items immediately.

I don't always have a lot of time to play due to work commitments. If I die and drop my items, I may not have enough time to go and get them back. Leaving the game deletes dropped item, so I would never get them back in those cases

Having them placed in a tombstone would make it possible to retrieve them at a later date (but still with the challenge of getting there again with lower tier items) but without the risk of permanent loss.

Back
Top Bottom